All reviews owners chris fantastic hosts room was beautifully decorated honesty bar in the lounge decorated to a very high standard breakfast was delicious choice of cereals home from home guest house tewkesbury abbey kippers fantastic stay a great place to stay night stay top floor three nights family room
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

On arrivial the hosts couldnt have been more friendly and helpfull. However we ended up leaving a day early due to feeling so uncomfortable by the way they acted and treated us because we had young children. On the first morning we got asked to come down after 9am., when we brought our 1 year old down with the high chair that they asked us to bring, they said they werent expecting a baby to be in the dining room. (where were they expecting her to eat?) when she started fusing, they promptly told me to take her out. The next morning they told us to leave our baby in the room and take turns coming down for breakfast. Apon leaving my father paid the full amount and offered no refund. Why state they are family friendly?

Trip type: Travelled with family
14  Thank fay007x
Warby1, Owner at Jessop House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2015

Dear Reader, please form your own opinion as to what you would do placed in the situation that we were put in.

Fay's father Gordon booked his family in to Jessop House for three days. The suite and the family room. I asked how old the children are as it clearly states on our web site we do not take children under five years. He said that one grandchild was five and one was two he later stated that the second grandchild was one and a half. At first I refused the booking and explained that we have no facilities for a young child and that guests come to stay because of the fact that we do not take babies or toddlers but he was adamant and very persuasive he stated that they were going to a wedding and coming from Scotland and wanted to stay at Jessop House as it would be a special treat for his wife and family. He told me that his granddaughter although only young was well behaved. We agreed to take the booking but I did stipulate that the parents had to come to breakfast alternately and one was to stay with the child. We agreed a time of approximately 9am for them to have breakfast but if their other daughter was hungry she could come and have her breakfast earlier and should be accompanied by an adult . This was agreed prior to their arrival with the grandfather who made the booking. He obviously did not make anyone aware of the agreement.

The guests went to the allocated rooms and in the night the baby was continually crying and did not settle.

The guest did not incur a charge for the toddler as it was agreed that she would not be eating in the dining room. I never asked them to bring a high chair to place on one of the leather dinning chairs so the child could have breakfast with the other guests. The first morning the family came to breakfast with the toddler. The toddler was not fussing the toddler had a high pitched squeal and was screaming continuously the whole time she was in the dining room, there was no attempt to take her out of the dining room. After fifteen minutes I asked for one member of the family to take the toddler out of the dining room and see to her needs as no one in the party was making any attempt to calm the child down. One guest who has been staying with us for six years left the dining room without eating his breakfast or drinking his tea because of the noise that the toddler was making and the fact that no-one made any attempt to pacify the child. The grandfather took the child out and apologised for the noise she was making. The child could of been taken out of the dining room and put in the guest lounge opposite to play. I did mention to the grandfather that when he booked he said that the toddler was never a problem and he said quite blatantly

"Everyone can tell porkies".

Unfortunately Gordon who made the booking did not consider the impact of a negative review.

The party left for the wedding and when my cleaner and myself went to the family room the room was transformed from a well presented 5* bedroom to a Club 18-30 bedroom in Magaluf, clothes strewn everywhere, on the floor, over the beds, piles of towels thrown on the floor, straighteners and other hair products on the sofa, bedding and accessories that were in the room were all over the floor with soiled nappies left on the carpet. We cleaned the bathroom and removed the nappies.

The baby cried and squealed that much that it was impossible to accommodate guests into the room below them because of the noise, my husband and myself had to sleep in that room and the guests who were booked in slept in our private bedroom. We were woken at 4am until 6am by the noise from the toddler squealing and crying. Even then nothing was said.

Fay states that she felt uncomfortable so they left early. Fay did not feel that uncomfortable that without asking she came into the private kitchen and helped herself using the facilities then walked out not even saying thank you.

On Saturday morning Fay's father who made the booking came and apologised stating that they were leaving as the baby did not settle and that in future they should not book into a bed and breakfast or hotel but book self catering. He also stated that he did not expect a part refund due to the fact that it was his fault he told lies to us, he then enquired about returning to Jessop House to visit the area with just his wife.

The family was not told to leave it was their choice to leave. At no time were they told about the toddler crying and only once requested that they take her out of the dining room. Nothing else was said.

Fay and her father need to communicate because if they had of done she would of known the circumstances in which the booking was taken.

I am the mother of two boys, when they were small and we were on vacation if one cried or played up then either myself or my husband saw to them and took them outside or to the room they were never left to cry or 'play up' uncontrollably thus spoiling other guests enjoyment.

Nowhere on our web site does it state that we are family friendly. It quite clearly states that we accept children over 5yrs and they will be very welcome. I should never have taken the booking but Fay's father was so pleasant and very assuring about the toddler staying with us. I am fully aware that children are unpredictable and that it takes time to settle but as responsible parents the toddler should never be left to scream and squeal uncontrollably.

At Jessop House we pride ourselves on customer service and we consider that our guests comfort is paramount. We have worked hard to maintain a Visit England 5* rating. Please read the many positive reviews for Jessop House shown on this site.

Reviewed 11 June 2015

We have stayed here before at Christmas in the luxury surroundings with lovely hosts who cook very nice breakfasts.
The attention to detail is amazing here,we stayed overnight again as a treat on 4th June 15.
Beautiful room which met all our needs amazing thought put into how to make use of space in an older building.
We will return best place we have stayed in,in UK.Very reasonably priced for such luxury forget Stratford Upon Avon travel from Tewkesbury we did.

Room tip: The suites are luxurious. .Room 6 is in a separate part of the house with its own front door very private.
2  Thank weval
Reviewed 8 June 2015 via mobile

Thanks again for a wonderful stay!

Your B&B is gorgeous, your rooms are perfect and your hospitality and service is really excellent.

Breakfast was great, fresh and good quality foods.

I loved the feel, all the colours/cushions and bling!

A lovely B&B owned by lovely people! I would most definitely stay again.

Jenna :-)

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenna S
Reviewed 8 June 2015

One of the best places we've had the pleasure to stay in. Spotlessly clean and spacious room, beautifully decorated throughout. Great breakfast and fantastic hosts, can't wait to visit again, thank you Chris and Steve!

Reviewed 7 June 2015

Myself, my girlfriend and another couple stayed at the Jessop Town House during May 2015.

A warm and friendly welcome from Christine and Steve was the beginning of a wonderful three night stay. The Jessop Town House provides beautiful, well equipped en-suit bedrooms with an excellent breakfast. Its also a fantastic location to explore Tewkesbury and the surrounding area.

Christine and Steve run a fantastic B&B and we would happily stay at Jessop Town House again either as a group or as a couple.

Date of stay: May 2015