I work in the local area and used to stay at the Tewkesbury Park as one of the default Hotel's our business used. Unfortunately the standard of accommodation, service and food dropped to such an appalling level in 2013 we stopped using the hotel as a business and I moved to using the Thistle Hotel in Cheltenham.
I am aware that the Hotel subsequently went bust and has been taken over by a new owner so I decided to return this week when I couldn't get into the Thistle
Must say I was dreading the experience, but was very pleasantly surprised by the improvement in the service and the standard of my room.
Beds could still do with replacement, decor needs attention, the food is still too limited, dining area too formal and bar area is poor.
with the nice weather I did get a chance to sample the golf course and found that the twilight green fee was very reasonable at £14 for a round. The course was excellent and in great condition and playing after 6pm meant that I had a very relaxed enjoyable round in lovely surroundings without the pressure of a packed golf course (really good as I am not a low handicapper!)
This is a great golf course and it seems to me like the new owners are putting the effort in to improve the standards in the hotel - They just need to continue with this and improve some of the decor, bar and dining and I would consider moving back to this hotel for the majority of my business trips.
Not good enough yet as just a hotel - but if your a keen golfer then its a strong pull to put up with some of the things that I am sure will improve with time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in a commanding position with stunning views of the Severn valley, Tewkesbury Park is just 5 minutes' drive from the M5 motorway. This family owned Georgian Manor house has been beautifully restored to offer the outstanding quality and facilities demanded by today's traveller. The addition of full leisure facilities including pool, sauna,steam room,gym, hot tub, squash and tennis, together with its 18-hole on-site golf course, makes Tewkesbury Park a true resort. Perfect for visiting the Cotswolds, the Wye Valley and the Malverns, as well as nearby cities of Gloucester, Worcester and Regency Cheltenham. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tewkesbury Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brook Tewkesbury Park Hotel, Golf And Country Club
- Brook Tewkesbury Park Hotel, Golf & Country Club Hotel Tewkesbury
- Tewkesbury Park Hotel And Country
- Country Club Tewkesbury
- Hotel Park Tewkesbury
- Tewkesbury Park Golf