“Short Break in Tewkesbury”
Review of Tewkesbury Park

Tewkesbury Park
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Tewkesbury
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Short Break in Tewkesbury”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The golf course was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed the round we played. The hotel has only recently been taken over and there are signs of much needed upgrading throughout the hotel e.g. painting and ground work. Reception is quite impressive. Hotel reception staff friendly but ordered a newspaper on 2 days which never arrived and when I asked about it neither receptionist knew about it. Restaurant light and airy but again a bit tired. Staff friendly but a bit of customer service training would help. Food was well presented, tasty and value for money. Rooms tired but clean. We got a very good deal with Late Rooms so for a cheap break it was an excellent choice. May visit again to see how things have improved.

Room Tip: Rooms over golf course are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Noleen G, General Manager at Tewkesbury Park, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Jeanette
Thank you for your constructive feedback, the improvements to the hotel are continuing and your comments regarding the staff and services have been taken on board and shared with the team, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Korean first
Hereford
Reviewed 5 August 2014

A great golf course, however the food was average - had to ask for more jugs of water as two between 24 people was not enough. No forks for the puddings hence strawberry shortbread tended to fly across the table!

Room Tip: Did not stay, only had dinner and a round of golf.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Rayanna
It was nice of you to take the time to review our hotel, we appreciate all of our guests feedback and we will share your comments with all of our team
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I think the title is the best way to describe it as the extensive grounds consist of a golf course (only). Step outside the hotel too far and you're in danger of being hit by a golf ball as there's nowhere to stroll!

Having said that, it's great if you're a golfer but maybe not so good if not as it's a long walk or drive through the middle of the golf course to the town. Tried to get a drink and sit outside in the evening which would have been very pleasant as the view is great, but a wedding plus another party together with the terrace to the golf bar dominated by a group of noisy, drunken women made this impossible.

However, it was a Saturday night so, having said all of that, catch the hotel at a quiet time and it's good but perhaps a little tatty in places for a 4-star. We only paid £68 online for a double room for a night so can't really complain. Good breakfast for £10 each if you're a guest.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Andy Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, we appreciate your comments, and i will share your constructive feedback with our team
Durham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I work in the local area and used to stay at the Tewkesbury Park as one of the default Hotel's our business used. Unfortunately the standard of accommodation, service and food dropped to such an appalling level in 2013 we stopped using the hotel as a business and I moved to using the Thistle Hotel in Cheltenham.

I am aware that the Hotel subsequently went bust and has been taken over by a new owner so I decided to return this week when I couldn't get into the Thistle

Must say I was dreading the experience, but was very pleasantly surprised by the improvement in the service and the standard of my room.

Beds could still do with replacement, decor needs attention, the food is still too limited, dining area too formal and bar area is poor.

with the nice weather I did get a chance to sample the golf course and found that the twilight green fee was very reasonable at £14 for a round. The course was excellent and in great condition and playing after 6pm meant that I had a very relaxed enjoyable round in lovely surroundings without the pressure of a packed golf course (really good as I am not a low handicapper!)

This is a great golf course and it seems to me like the new owners are putting the effort in to improve the standards in the hotel - They just need to continue with this and improve some of the decor, bar and dining and I would consider moving back to this hotel for the majority of my business trips.

Not good enough yet as just a hotel - but if your a keen golfer then its a strong pull to put up with some of the things that I am sure will improve with time.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the golf course are the best
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Noleen G, General Manager at Tewkesbury Park, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Graham H

I am very pleased that you chose to give us another chance when you visited the hotel recently and that you have seen some improvements to the service and standards in the hotel.
Having taken over the hotel three months ago we still have a lot of work to do but this has now started and will continue over the next year or so .

Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel is in a quiet golf club, situated just outside Tewkesbury, it is a walk into town but probably about 15 to 20 minutes, the bar and restaurant area is very nice and the staff are great and very helpful, breakfast is a self service affair and of good quality and selection. Although there for work purposes I would not hesitate to use it for a trip to the area with my wife.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rick e
Dear Rick
It was kind of you to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel we will certainly welcome both of you back in the near future
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, friendly staff, easy to find and park, nice room was clean and tidy, dinner and breakfast was nice would recommend. Free internet was good. Only one problem! Did not get my wake up call in the morning, I was not the only one!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mark
Thank you for your review it was kind of you to take the time
I am sorry you did not receive your early morning call from my team
We look forward to welcoming you back
Tewkesbury
Reviewed 23 July 2014

July 19th 2014 we held our wedding at Tewkesbury abbey with our wedding breakfast and evening do at Tewkesbury Park hotel. Months before the wedding we had constant contact with Sam and Clair who were happy to help anytime of the day and with any of our requests. The day before we arrived at the hotel to be welcomed by all members of staff working on our wedding. Sam was there from start to finish and what an absolutely fantastic job this lady does! The morning of our wedding was a wet one, torrential rains and thunder. Sam and Clair were both waiting for me at the entrance to walk me to my car with an umbrella, and proceeded to do the same for the bridesmaids and flower girls. We had forgot the flower girl pots and Clair came out of her way to get to the Abbey before the wedding started, running in the pouring rain and in her high heels, to make sure the pots made it to them on time. The amazing attention to detail lasted throughout the entire day. The surroundings of this hotel made for some stunning photo opportunities. If I could do our day again, I would 110% pick this location. Not a single thing bad could be said about the staff, hotel, location or food. Thank you for making our day as perfect as it was!!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Cala
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel it is always nice to receive such positive feedback I have passed your review onto all of the team concerned
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewkesbury
Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury
#1 of 1 in Charlton Kings
No 38 The Park
No 38 The Park
#5 of 23 in Cheltenham

Been to Tewkesbury Park? Share your experiences!