“Needs a good update”
Review of Tudor House Hotel

Tudor House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Tewkesbury
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed in Tudor House in May, its a lovely building and the breafast is very good. Our room had a great view looking out over the river Avon. A very comfortable bed, but the whole room need a really good dust and handles needed putting on some cupboards. The bathroom was large but looked like they had done some updating new shower unit but the bath needed a new shower screen it was so dirty. The panel on the bath was hanging off and broken.

Walking downstairs the very large chandelier ( its a Tudor type light fitting) needed a really good clean there are years of dust on it.

Would we stay there again, I would have to think about that one!

Room Tip: Room over looking River Avon
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I booked this hotel for my wife and me and then I did look at reviews the day before I was due to book in and slightly worried.
On arrival the staff where happy and pleasant and we was very happy with our room.
We enjoyed a nice meal in the bar/restaurant where there is a good choice of proper beer before heading out.
We got back to our room in the early hours and slept like logs in a very comfortable bed and then in the morning we went down for a lovely full English breakfast (please add beans to this)once again served by happy staff.
If I'm ever in the area again or if my friends are I would recommend this hotel straight away as I much prefer a hotel with a bit of character than the flat pack hotels that are the same anywhere in the world.
As for paying for the room on arrival there is a sign saying they do this because they do not hold customers card details which seemed fine with my wife as she has all of my money anyway :-)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin G
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We called in here for a coffee and were delighted with the service. They had home made cakes and scones which were simply delicious. It is a very attractive building and a nice seating are outside, would have loved to have spent a little longer lingering here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We booked a four poster bedroom which " benefits from the picturesque views overlooking the River Avon and the Malvern Hills".
On arrival we were asked to pay the full room bill upfront before seeing our room (I have never been asked to do this before). We were then directed across the car park, up three flight of stairs (with no lift) to a room overlooking the car park. There was no phone connection to the main hotel and no information pack in the room. I therefore had to walk down 3 flight of stairs and walk across the car park to talk to reception. When I expressed my upset regarding the room view I was told the hotel was fully booked and I could therefore not be moved to one of the rooms at the end of the building benefiting from the views. It was sad that I had not been provided with the room I had booked with booking.com as this spoilt my overall view of the hotel. There were other positives about the hotel. The hotel was quiet, the room comfortable and clean although required some work. The breakfast was great. Sad that the hotel did this. We stayed in the Gazebo room.

Room Tip: You may request a room with picturesque views but I cannot guarantee you will get them. We stayed in...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lorna M
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed here for one night. The evening meal was fine and well priced. The room was a bit dark but, considering the age of the building, this wasn't an issue for me. The bed and bathroom were okay.
The staff at breakfast were surly. Not what I expected having had a better experience for the evening meal.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed one night recently, booked 3 bed room which was huge, single bed was in seperate ante room not like what you get in modern hotels which is a small bed squashed in to double room. A lovely welcome, we had a lovely meal in the bar. After a good nights sleep we had a lovely breakfast, the building itself is delightful, all beams low ceilings strange shaped rooms

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014

When we checked in at the Tudor House Hotel, initially I was a bit concerned due to what I considered to be some pretty drab interior decor, perhaps due to low light which didn't help, but anyway a nice young man checked us in. I'm always a bit concerned when asked to pay for our room "up front" as it were as it gives me the impression that they may have some "dubious" guests on occasions.

Shown to our room in the main building and once again, the drab decor on the stairway was a real off put, but our room, including the bathroom was okay, with a nice comfortable bed. We decided against dining in the bar/restaurant and instead opted for a traditional fish and chip meal at a fish restaurant nearby. Returned to the hotel and had a couple of drinks in the bar before retiring for the night.

Good nights sleep and down to the inclusive breakfast in the dining room served by pleasant and attentive staff. Good varied breakfast menu which, when served, was excellent.

We left the Tudor House Hotel without any complaints and despite my initial concerns regarding the internal decor, the hotel grew on me. But oh, how can they allow the decor to create such a bad first impression I'll never know, when without too much effort, they could add so much to their guests experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RobboLancashire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewkesbury
Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury
#3 of 23 in Cheltenham
The George Hotel
The George Hotel
#15 of 23 in Cheltenham

Been to Tudor House Hotel? Share your experiences!