“Fantastic location”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Riverside Cottage

Living/dining room Living/dining room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Master bedroom
Master bedroom in the day
Second bedroom
Luxury bathroom
Kitchen
Front of cottage...in winter (summer photo to follow!)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jillyponi...
Port St Mary, United Kingdom
“Nice house and stay but shame about our deposit!!”
Reviewed 24 June 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

Stayed at this little house over the christmas period last year - have been leaving it to make a review as I have been trying to get my deposit back from Trip Advisor.
After several attempts and them saying they would contact the owners I am a bit fed up with it all.

The house was fine and we squeezed an old lady and our two girls into it. It is very convenient to Tewkesbury High Street.

Our parents live in Bredon and we would have stayed again but we won't be because our deposit wasn't returned. Shame.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Management Response
26 Jun 2015
I did respond via trip advisor back in January as to why you're deposit wasn't returned so apologies this hasn't been sent back to you. Firstly extra guests were added which we usually charge for as it creates extra cleaning an washing for us. I was surprised that a bed from upstairs was moved down into the living room and had to enlisted an extra person to come and help move it back to where it should have been therefore costing more than normal. If you had left the property how you had found it then I wouldn't have had to keep your deposit.
AKC2014
Belper, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location”
Reviewed 22 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Lovely cottage in a quiet location only a few metres from the river. Also very handy for town centre shops bars and restaurants. Tewkesbury is a lovely town and we will definately be making a return visit.

Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
loudel201...
Deeside
“Needs a good clean feels like student accomodation”
Reviewed 10 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

We booked this for my parents, my partner and I, we stayed Friday to Monday.
We have booked lots of holiday rentals and I must say this is the first one I have been really disappointed with.
The kitchen was covered in ants, I know they can infest anywhere however there was so many of them, they had not recently arrived. The utensils and kitchenware seemed it had all been purchased from the car boot it was all old and second-hand giving the whole place had a student feeling. Luckily enough we didn't have the children with us so we ate out most of the time. I wouldn't have liked cooking in there.
The living room was fine and there was Wi-Fi which you don't normally get.
The bathroom was also ok however the shower door wouldn't shut so it was very difficult to shower and again it needed a good clean.
The beds themselves were comfortable but the pillows were awful which we found strange to have such a good and bad combination. We went to the local shops and bought some new pillows after the first night. Again the bedrooms also needed a good clean. The blinds were covered in thick dust and there were cobwebs all over the windows.
I must say though the location is fantastic.
We also visited the pub next door but one the 'Tudor Hotel' and the food was fantastic. The service was also impeccable.
When we arrived home I emailed the manager of this property to raise the concerns and the response was a little poor. They confirmed they give the property a good clean every 3 months and that it had only just been done. Which I found a bit odd, why would you have so many people in and out of a property and wait for three months to clean it ??? No wonder it was dirty.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: It was dirty
Travelling group: Extended Family
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
11 May 2015
Firstly apologies again that you were not happy with our property. I didn’t know anything about the ants, we would have certainly dealt with them if we had known. What a shame you didn’t contact me during your stay, I only live 5 minutes away so could have come and put some ant powder down.
The kitchenware and utensils belonged to the lady who owned the property we bought it off, as they were all in good condition and although a little dated we didn’t think it would matter a great deal. It seems churlish to bin them in order to by brand new crockery. Nobody else has ever complained about this.
The shower door had some rubber which had come lose so was easily fixed. Again if you had called me I would have come and sorted this and if it hadn’t been something I could have fixed I would have arranged for a professional to look at it.
Again I am sorry you weren’t happy with the pillows. We have always had very good feedback about our beds/bedding.
You misunderstood what I meant about cleaning every 3 months. We obviously clean after each guest but due to the quick turn around of guests sometimes there isn’t time to do a deep clean so we schedule this in every 2-3 months. Following your message which we do appreciate we have now had a deep clean done and will factor these in more regularly when we can.
Robscouse
“Check the shower head. Its flimsy. Ignore the neighbours”
Reviewed 10 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

House was nice. Warm and cosy.
However I paid 20 pound back cos the shower head fell out my colleagues hand. They charge you for accidental damage.
And I was charged another 15. For a cleaner to take the bin out.
Still haven't received the remainder of the deposit she owes me.
Not holding my breath like. After I give this review. She can have it.
All that besides. If you like the outdoors it's great. And local amenities are all there.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jacandhow
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed 9 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed the first week in November, the little cottage was lovely and warm, clean, and plenty big enough for two of us.
The kitchen was well kitted out with pots, pans, crockery and cutlery, you could make a nice meal using some of it. The fridge is small, in fact I did not realise that there is a Tesco just across the road, so I got an order delivered, and I was hard pushed to get it all in the fridge. It was very nice of Becky to leave us milk, bread and wine.
The lounge/dinning room was comfortable, nice size TV with free view, and there are lots of DVDs that you can watch, there are also board games and toys for young children.
The downstairs loo was great as I am disabled so didn't have to keep going up stairs.
Nice that there are disabled rails on the bannister and that there are disabled fittings in the bathroom, to help you in and out of the bath. We used the lovely big walk in shower, it was great, in fact the bathroom is very modern, and it's got plenty of storage.
The master bedroom is huge with great wardrobes with plenty of hanging space, but you do need to be tall to reach up to the hanging rail.
The second bedroom was a nice size with a single bed and on the other side another single bed with a pull out one underneath, so 3 children could sleep here with no problem.,
the cottage is in a very small turning off of the high street, it's very quite, but in the summer months if the windows were open you might hear a slight noise.
There is parking outside for one car, and a 1 minute walk you are on the high street, with buses to Cheltenham, Gloucester, Worcester. We went to The Roses Theatre on our last night it took us less then 5 mins to get there, and so many restaurants to eat in, you will be spoilt for choice, and everything to suit any pocket.
The only reason I have marked it down is because I could not connect to the WiFi, the fridge is very small and there is no shaver point in the bathroom.
We would return if we want to be in the area again, as very good for touring, not only The Cotswolds, but we went into The Forest of Dean, and to Wales.

Liked best: The location
Liked least: The fridge
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
JulieandR...
Adelaide, Australia
“Great location, Good Apartment”
Reviewed 21 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

The apartment is well appointed, has all the facilities needed and is perfectly placed in Tewkesbury for the canal and rivers, main street, and just a few minutes from the Abbey. We found it perfect for our stay and would recommend it to anyone in similar circumstances.

Families with young children People with pets
886Purple...
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“A great place to stay”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We were very pleased with this property, it was just what we wanted. It was really close to all the amenities in Tewkesbury but also tucked away Down a lane close to the river so very peaceful.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing