“Clean tidy large room. However very hot room”

Premier Inn Tewkesbury Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tewkesbury
Crewe, United Kingdom
“Clean tidy large room. However very hot room”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

A large clean tidy room. Even with the four of us all still lots of space. The staff were pleasant and polite. The Brewers Fayre for food was good also. However the rooms were very hot and desperately needed air conditioning. My biggest issue was the lack of plug sockets just one spare one for the room epically now a days everything needs a charger with two kids in tow also made it very difficult to make sure all phones tablets etc were charged

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Located on a busy main road junction, this is definitely not a quiet hotel. The restaurant does not offer table service and, during my visit, the queue for service was very long and slow - too few staff to cope with demand. Only the price was 'Premier'

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Tewkesbury Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The person manning the front desk was standoffish and rude at check in - and accused me of fraud. He did not apologise for his behaviour when it was clear he had misunderstood. He was rude to me and my wife. He riled us so much we told the rest of the wedding party, who were staying in the Travelodge next door and apparently had a far more pleasant time. We were also given only one set of towels. I have stayed in far cheaper hotels with far better overall hospitality, which is surprising as I usually choose Premier Inn as a preference.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Penrith, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed in an accessable room staff very helpful. Have stayed here before and will stay again. Next time we will book the wet room. Parking is very good. Breakfast was good. Good stopping place when travelling on the M5

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I am a big admirer of Premier inns and I have spent a lot of time in their excelent rooms being looked after by their friendly and helpful staff but after my experence last week end at the Premier innin Tewkesbury I felt very let down. Lets look at the problems, 1. The advert says (Speedy check in) we arrived at about 5.pm no one on reception had to wait several minutes for the receptionist to arrive she did apoligise explaining she was the only one on duty and she had other things to do. (So no speedy check in)
2. Checked on web site states rooms universaly accsesable by weel chair but in this hotel no lift only very narrow staircase to upper floor. There were no rooms available on lower floor. The staff helpfully checked if there was accomadation available at near by Premire inn there was but they wouldent accept me without I paid an excess, Not a very disabled friendly service.
3. We had to accept upper floor rooms for one night or go home as I find it very dificult to climb stairs my wife at 70 had to struggle up this very narrow staircase with the luggage.
4. The room we were given was as usual almost at the end of a long corridor and it wasent the usual friendly room we were used to. There was the usual very comfortable bed in it and the room was as usual spotlesly clean but apart from a chair at the dressing table there was nothing but a large empty space at the other end of the room where the sofa bed usualy is. It dident feel comfortable.
5 We went out for a meal at night as the reviews on trip advisor regarding the restaurent were not promicing and had a good meal at the local chinese but on our return we were surprised to find the hotel doors open and again no one on reception not very good as regaurding secruity any one could have walked in off the street.
6 The following morning we wnt out to breakfast a short drive to Wetherspoons in the town center had a good breakfast £3.99 instead of £8.99. Premier ought to do somthing about their breakfast prices, on the way out asked the receptionist (yes she was on the desk this time) if I could have a talk to the manager about the problems I had on my arrival surprise surprise she was away on holiday and there was no one else I could speak too, I was offered their good nights sleep gaurentee. I accepted it but I would rarther have not had the hassel.

Room Tip: If you are disabled make sure you mention it when you book.
2 Thank Bill B
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were very impressed with the service from the staff at the hotel and the pub, they were really helpful and efficient. The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was really impressive with plenty of choice and really well presented. We also had an evening meal and were impressed with the buffet meal, they made a great effort to please my 8 year old niece and made her feel special. I would recommend this as a great place to base yourself for a tour of the Cotswolds we will be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Oldham
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Our first stay at a Premier Inn, and a very pleasant surprise, v v well situated just off M5, to break journey from Oldham to West Country, my partner was offered a superb deal on line, but oh the booking service was an utter PAIN!
The hotel was bright, clean and had ample parking, using a curious tab system.
The welcome was warm and helpful, our room spacious and spotless and surprisingly well equipped, obviously en suite these days.
Eating arrangements were in the attached Brewers Fare, an excellent special offer evening meal deal b4 half 7, tho the table booking system was designed by an idiot and caused much aggravation in the unnecessary queue.
The meal however ,again exceeded expectations and was excellent value
The Breakfast Special was superb value, with a huge choice and an "all u can eat buffet" approach..great. there was even my beloved Marmite
available!
So our first visit to Premier/brewers Fare was a great success, and will be repeated, im sure, but PLEASE sort out that DIRE evening meal booking system!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewkesbury
Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury
#1 of 1 in Cleeve Hill
Corse Lawn House Hotel
Corse Lawn House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Corse Lawn

Been to Premier Inn Tewkesbury Hotel? Share your experiences!