“Worst Ever Hotel Experience!”

Premier Inn Tewkesbury Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tewkesbury
Kettering
“Worst Ever Hotel Experience!”
Reviewed 30 August 2009

Stayed there 3 weeks ago. Room had one set of towels for 2 of us and enough toilet roll for one visit. To make matters worse the breakfast was disgusting with burnt cardboard bacon and rubber scrambled eggs. When my husband dared complain the Assistant Manager told him that if he wanted another breakfast the bacon would come back the same as it was char grilled or he could have it raw if he preferred!!! The appalling attitude, unprofessionalism and disrespect continued and when I dared complain about the way she had spoken to us she shouted over me. On departure she said we could have a full refund but money doesn't pay for manners or bad customer service and she single handedly ruined our weekend away as well as the reputation of this particular Premier Inn.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank The-Honest-1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2009

An overnight stay in a hotel literally a stones throw from the busy M4 motorway could mean a poor nights sleep in a "worn out" hotel, but no this was a restful night in a rather nice and clean hotel.
OK, Premier Inn does mean you get a cookie cutter approach to decor and your room, but welcoming staff can make you feel so much more "at home".
The Tewkesbury Premier Inn staff were indeed welcoming and very helpful on my arrival, despite being run off their feet with a mass of new arrivals - so valued after a long and slightly stressful working day! The room was like all the other Premier Travel Inn rooms but was very clean and smelt nice and fresh and the bathroom was, unlike many other hotels, somewhat new looking and free of the "tired" look that routine use and abuse brings. I must admit I was expecting worn out rooms - this close to the motorway they must get a fair turn over of guests - but no the room and fittings were in good condition.
I was meeting with a colleague and so we decided to eat at the attached pub, the menu was somewhat bland and at best the meal was "OK", a pity really.
The motorway noise (1st floor) was minimal and I got a good night’s undisturbed sleep - again I was pleasantly surprised.
The only real gripe I had with the room was my morning shower, the pressure was poor and no doubt due to the room being on the upper floor - a pity. The interesting thing was that on telling the staff I was pleased that they took it as a challenge to improve their service, not as something to deny happened and blame the guest, nice approach!
Breakfast was an improvement on the evening meal - again it’s the same as all other Premier Travel Inn fare but it was good to have a good honest meal to set the day off.
Room price was similar to most Premier Travel Inns I've stayed in - as was the breakfast. However, (yet again!), Internet access was costly at £10 for 24 hours - personally I dislike how this "add on" is regularly priced so high - I know the hotel operators have a cost related to the supply of the service but invariably the charges are way beyond "reasonable", and £10 for 24 hours is definitely in that category - that’s why I have marked the Tewkesbury Travel Inn down on value.
Oh and do be aware the parking is charged for non residents - do make sure you get a permit from reception on arrival!
Overall, I was happy with the room, pleased by the staff's attitude and if you add in a good night’s sleep I feel my brief stay was a good one.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
England
Reviewed 18 July 2007

Stayed here for just the one night but thought I'd pop in a review as none were here!

Staff were friendly and the rooms spacious (we had a family room as two children with us) and clean.

Didn't have the breakfast as we'd brought our own fruit etc. There's also a Brewers Fayre next door which is handy for a meal and/or drink. Lots of families use it but there's outdoor seating too if you want to escape the children!

Hairdryer and tea/coffee making facilities, towels and soap in room. Reception can order in a paper for you and there's vending machines if you get the munchies.

It's just off the motorway so not slap bang in the middle of town.

All in all a pleasant very brief stay.

• Liked — Price
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank DemonicaB
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewkesbury
Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury
#1 of 1 in Charlton Kings
Jurys Inn Cheltenham
Jurys Inn Cheltenham
#11 of 23 in Cheltenham

Been to Premier Inn Tewkesbury Hotel? Share your experiences!