“Middle Of The Road”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Middle Of The Road”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have eaten here a few times in the past and it has always been ok, nothing special and not awful just very average for the price you pay. I had the 12oz ribeye, with chips and veg. It was ok but when you have had steak in places like Longhorns, Tony Romas etc in florida then nothing will ever compare, the size of the steak, the cut, the flavour and the price.
Service was good and it was busy but for the price you pay then there is better out there.

• Visited July 2014

West Yorkshire
“Sort it out!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I like TGI Friday's and I'm a big fan of their Jack Daniels chicken, but something needs to be done about the service here. After waiting for a few minutes to be greeted, while the greeter chatted with a couple of servers, our name was taken and we went to the bar to wait. And wait we did, for at least ten minutes for a cocktail to be ordered, then made. We were then shown to our table and the order taken quite quickly. Another ten minutes before our starters arrived - my bruschetta was fine, my sisters's potato skins were pretty small, but still we we reasonably happy. Then we waited about half an hour before our mains finally came, just before we were about to complain that others had been served before us - and it wasn't even particularly busy. The food was hot but the mash had a bit of a crust on top, leading me to think that our food had been left onthe hot plate and forgotten.
TGI's need to sort themselves out because it's not a cheap place to eat.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jed777
“Very quiet so why was the service so poor”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Went for lunch. Place was deserted. Only another couple of tables taken. Sat down waited for service order eventually taken. One drink arrived waited for the others. Waited for our lunch, returned mine as cold. Food was very nice. Got the bill waited for someone to take the money. We went and found two female waitresses who were standing talking to each other and left them with the money. Overall felt our service was too much trouble for them. As there are many nice places to eat in Touchwood will be spending my Money else where.

1 Thank Simon S
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Overpriced, overcooked and over here”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Things didn't start well when I learned what a limited choice of lager and beer was served. My half rack of ribs and french fries was more like a starter, coming without any other accompanying items and yet I parted with £11. The meat was cooked almost to death and wouldn't have satisfied a 10 year old. The staff were friendly enough but I would rather have stroppy staff and good food and drink.

Solihull, United Kingdom
“Poor service and cold food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I ate here with my husband on Sunday 17th May. We were seated at a table very quickly, so that was promising... then we were totally ignored by every single member of staff that walked past us for over 15 minutes. We finally ordered our drinks and starters, then our mains arrived before our starter dishes were even cleared away. The chips were cold, but by this time we just wanted to finish the part of the meal that was still hot and leave. We have eaten here many times before and on the whole we have been pleased with the service and quality of food. However we would now think twice about selecting this restaurant again, which is very disappointing. I feel that perhaps there was no one in charge on this particular day and the staff seemed more interested in seeing to customers sat outside as it was a nice sunny day. There were many tables inside that were not cleared and cleaned, perhaps in hindsight this should have told us what we were in for... No one asked at any stage if we were happy with everything, even when we asked for the bill and the girl could see how much food was left on our plates.. she simply ignored this and proceeded to hand us the bill. So disappointing when this was supposed to be a treat for a nice Sunday afternoon!

1 Thank Tom2332