“Absolutely disgusted by the prices you have for bar food!!!”

Village Hotel Solihull
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Solihull
“Absolutely disgusted by the prices you have for bar food!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Having been to this hotel many times before and I would have chosen it every time I was in Birmingham area, I am disgusted by the price of bar food £5 for nachos!! A club sandwich in victory bar £7, I know you're under de vere banner but you are not a de vere like Cameron house hotel in Scotland where it's expected everything is over priced, sort yourselves out village, I love the hotel but till you see sense on your food pricing, I'll never eat there,

Absolutely disgusted by the prices you have for bar food!!!

Stayed December 2013
Giles H, General Manager at Village Hotel Solihull, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank-you for your recent comments regarding your visit to our Victory Pub.

I am sorry to hear that you feel that our menu items are over priced. As a pricing strategy our prices are competitively priced and set as a group standard across all of the Village Hotels within the UK. This is a group initiative however I would be more than happy to pass on your comments to our Group Executive Head Chef.

Many thanks for your feedback.

Kind Regards

Giles Hammond

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

My Husband, myself and 4 other friends attended a New Years Eve event in this hotel on 31 Dec 2013. Very disappointed with the event. There were a lot of young children attending, which we were not informed about on booking. Children spoilt the event with their noise, and parents had no control. The main course we ordered was Beef, and none of us could eat it, extremely tough texture. The D J was not keen to honour our music requests, he was more interested in playing music to suit the children present. Lastly, we spoke to the Restaurant Manager a couple of days before the event, to confirm the time that Dinner would be served, and were informed that this would be prompt at 6.30pm. We arrived at 6.15 pm and the room was empty. We were served at approx. 7pm, but noticed that some people did not arrive until 7.30 pm and were still served with their meals, without question. Would not attend this event again, and would not recommend it to anyone else. We lodged an official complaint with the Hotel recently, but are awaiting this to be reslolved

Dear Guest

Thank-you for your feedback regarding your New Year's Eve experience at Village Solihull.

I have recently taken over as General Manger here at Village Solihull therefore I am keen to receive any type of guest feedback, although it is never encouraging to receive negative comments this information is vital to monitoring our guests experiences and understanding when we have fallen short of meeting our guest expectations.

I was naturally disappointed to read your feedback and can only apologise for the issues that you experienced throughout the evening.

I would be more than happy to discuss this matter further should you wish to get in contact with myself at giles.hammond@village-hotels.co.uk.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future as I am confident that this is just a one off and you will notice a marked improvement.

Kind Regards

Giles Hammond

Travellers are raving about these Solihull hotels

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Location and staff cannot be faulted. Room also great, well appointed but missing a spot of attention...dirty cards in the room, and faulty ac. Staff party was being held on site which was a bit off putting in Reception, but no major problem. Would definitely recommend!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We have just stayed here for my brothers wedding. I really could not find fault with the hotel. The rooms were really nice. They were lovely and clean. The bed was massive and so comfy (we were in a family room). The shower in the room was lovely! The hotel was not aware that we were staying here for my brothers wedding but after they noticed through their own observations they left a couple of free gifts in the bride/grooms room as a surprise which was a really special touch. As I say, I cant fault this hotel and the staff were fantastic. Made my brothers wedding just that little bit more special :) Thank you so much x

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

My works christmas party was held here on December 16th. I booked a twin room and paid around £90.

The room itself was clean with two large single beds in. A chair in the corner infront of a desk and a flat screen tv on the wall which had sky sports on as well as some freeview channels.
It also had a adequate bathroom with a bath and shower head. I can't fault the room.

The hotel also has a big pool and gym which I did not use but it explains why you pay £90 for a room. That was with a discount due to us having our xmas party there.

The party itself was very good although the drinks were a bit pricey but it is what you pay in a hotel. The function room we used was not the biggest but it created a lively atmosphere and every one had a good night.

The only thing which let the hotel down was the customer service. It was not a major thing but the waiters/waitresses all seemed a little bit miserable apart from the odd one or two and also we found out later that we were entitled to a free room due to our large party size. We were not made aware of this when we booked. We were also told we would receive champagne as an apology for not being told, which we also never received.

Overall a nice hotel. Anyone thinking of booking a xmas party here should, as we had a great night. The food was very nice.

Sutton Coldfield, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

My works Christmas party was here and I decided to book a room than rather get a taxi. The web site gave me a price and I phoned them instead and got a cheaper rate. Checking in was quick and pleasant. The room was very nice and the bed was comfortable. Good size bathroom with a nice bath. Can't fault the room or the facilities. Breakfast was adequate and nothing to go crazy about. The staff were great and very helpful. The bar was good but quite expensive. There is a Starbucks there which is nice to get a coffee. I never used the leisure facilities but they looked nice.

Overall the place is modern and I would not hesitate to stop there again. Oh yes lots of free parking

Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in December overnight as it was the location of this years Christmas office party, the hotel is very modern with a large open style reception which features a Starbucks and easy access to a sports bar and a separate restaurant & lots of sofas, our room was on the 1st floor and overlooked the car park (which there is plenty of) but you cannot hear any noise at all.

The room was clean not a bad size comfy bed with extra pillows and a iron and ironing board, the bathroom had a nice rain drop shower and bath again with plenty of room, the hotel offers free wifi and has a large gym and swimming pool.

As we were there for a party we didn't use the restaurant only the function room which is huge, the sports bar is nice friendly staff.

Breakfast is your usually buffet style but was very nice the coffee was horrible so stopped and got a Starbucks from reception after we checked out.

Overall a nice urban hotel to stay in with a touch of luxury I would recommend this hotel for anyone needing to stay on business who wants something with more style than a premier inn and more facilities, and for anyone staying for pleasure it's a nice oasis in Shirley.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business