“Satisfaction”

Village Hotel Solihull
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Solihull
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Went for a Sunday Carvery with friends, excellent variety of Starters, which is a self-service Buffet, you're able to help your self as many times as you wish, then the choice of meats was also superb, cooked to perfection. Also a large sweet counter to follow. All in all there were 5 courses. Great value for money, top Quality food, well recommend the Restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Giles H, General Manager at Village Hotel Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your visit for our Sunday Carvery in our Verve Grill.

Both our Head Chef and Restaurant manager were very pleased to read such glowing feedback for the Sunday Carvery. Since the launch of the Sunday Carvery Buffet we have received lots of great feedback as it does provide such good value for money for 5 courses for £14.95.

We hope you come back to visit us again soon.

Giles Hammond

Write a ReviewReviews (1,935)

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed there recently and found that the staff and facilities were fantastic. The food was great and there was a nice atmosphere about the place. The room was spacious and spotless and I would absolutely use them again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank-you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay here at Village Solihull.

We are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were well looked after by our staff.

We look forward to seeing again in the near future. Please check our website for all upcoming promotions and Best Available Rates.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed at the hotel whilst on a course & can honestly say one the best places I've stayed.
Rooms were clean & modern & very comfortable.
Food was very nice & reasonably priced.
Great gym & swimming pool facilities.
Best of all was the staff who some friendliest & courteous that I've had the pleasure of dealing with, nothing was too much bother for anyone.
Would recommend to anyone.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Giles H, General Manager at Village Hotel Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and that our staff were a stand out feature whilst you were with us.

I will be sure to pass this onto all of the Heads of Department so that your kind words can be communicated back to all the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you again to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I thought this was a mid-range business hotel. I was disappointed with several apsects of the accomodation. I would have expected more for the price, and wished I'd stayed somewhere else. The room provided a desk / dressing table, with a chair that was so low, I could not type on my laptop. In spite of several lamps and overhead lights, all switched on, the illumination in the room was not adequate for a good working environment. The bed is fitted with a memory foam mattress, so a restless night of sweating did not put me in a good frame of mind for a day's work.

Dinner the first night, in the grill, was not good value for money. Service was poor, food was slow, prices were high for what it was. The second night, in the pub, was cheaper and better, with good friendly service.

At breakfast on the first morning I was not shown where the cooked buffet was (the cold buffet is in a more obvious place), and 'service' was grudging.

The pool facility is good. The reception staff friendly and helpful, but i won't go back any time soon, or probably to any other hotel in the chain.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Giles H, General Manager at Village Hotel Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I am obviously disappointed to read your feedback although it is never encouraging to receive negative comments this information is vital to monitoring our guests experiences and understanding when we have fallen short of meeting our guest expectations.

I can assure you that we take our customer feedback very seriously and that we have a very proactive service recovery procedure in place to make sure that when we receive guest’s comments, we put in place certain actions to ensure that they are eradicated.

I will be raising the points that you have mentioned in your feedback to the relevant Heads of Department to ensure that we put together a specific action plan to rectify them.

I am confident that should you return you would notice a marked improvement, as I believe your stay was not a true reflection of an experience here at Village Solihull.

We do hope that you consider returning to us in order for us to make amends for your stay and restore your confidence in the hotel.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stay away 2-3 nights a week for work, this hotel was perfect.

Reception staff were very efficient and polite. Room was clean, a good size and had a massive TV. The bathroom was clean and had everything you would need. The £20 upgrade option was a nice touch - including better toiletries, a movie and Starbucks coffee if your room. The views weren't amazing, but that's the price you pay for being close to motorways and travel links - no intrusive noise though.

The bar was good, service a little slow, but otherwise OK. The Starbucks in the lounge had tables with plug sockets available for laptops - so much better than working in your room.

Breakfast was good, buffet style hot food and nice selection.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Giles H, General Manager at Village Hotel Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your recent review following your stay with us here at the Village Urban Resort Solihull.

We are delighted to read your comments, and pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the rest of the team.

Please do keep an eye out on our website for all of our most upto date room rates, packages and special offers.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have just stayed at this hotel for 5 nights on business. The staff were very friendly and helpful. After spending a lot of time in Central London believe me that is a bonus. The facilities at the hotel were first class. the gym,pool alos quality. The rooms are very clean and have everything you need including afull sky package and including movies. I will certainly be recommending this chain to my employers.

1  Thank NerjaGrizz
Giles H, General Manager at Village Hotel Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

We were delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us, I will be sure to pass on your great feedback to the rest of the team who will be pleased to here about your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Regards

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We use the Village at Solihull for meetings, just a 3 or 4 hour session over lunch and it's worked fairly well. The lunchtime menu from the grill is pretty average, but the place is usually clean, tidy and efficiently run.

Therefore, the decision to use it for a 2 day mini-conference for 8, seemed sensible. This would obviously mean staying over and partaking in several meals. And post conference I suppose I feel under-whelmed!!

The staff were great, as always. The rooms were good and well equipped. And that's about where it finished.

I found the bar area untidy with many dirty tables. The food was no different in the restaurant than is in the grill on a lunchtime (everything grilled or fried with not a vegetable in sight) and the meeting room we had was awful. When I mean awful...........no windows, dark, gloomy and claustrophobic. The gym, or at least some part of the exercise facilities were above us, so all the way through 2 days, the roof felt as though it might collapse with the sound of dumbbells crashing on it. The constant thud, thud, was not only intrusive to the meeting, it was akin to a Chinese water torture. Totally unacceptable.

I think the trouble is, this hotels wants to be all things to all people. And it doesn't achieve it. Meeting rooms with a gym above is a schoolboy error. These 2 facilities should be at either end of the hotel. And offer a selection of foods for ALL sectors of the business world. Not just those who want a burger and chips. Disappointing.

Dear Guest

Thank-you for posting a review regarding your stay and meeting here at Village Urban Resort.

We are obviously disappointed to hear that a number of areas have not met your expectations during your time with us. I can assure you that your feedback will be passed onto the relevant Heads of department so that they can implement certain actions.

All of our meeting rooms are different in layout, therefore we are more than happy to be flexible to allocate rooms on request and they are explained at the point of booking. We have identified the problem of having the gym floor above some of the meeting space and this is being addressed by having the floor replaced with a suitable alternative that will block out the noise.

Although our menu's are set we are more than happy to take requests and accommodate our guests, as our Chef is flexible when it comes to delivering food that the guests expect.

I do hope that you give us a chance to redeem ourselves as I do believe that you will notice a marked improvement should you choose to visit us again in the future.