“Great place to stay”

Village Hotel Solihull
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Solihull
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Had a great two night stay with granddaughter, room clean and comfortable and quiet. Swimming pool great and both Verve restaurant and Victory pub great food and service. Liked having a Starbucks on site for morning coffee with a free newspaper and comfy sofas in the lounge area. Only criticism would be that it is out of the way located on a business park and the gym and swim has lots and lots of groups of young 30 something's who take over jacuzzi, sauna etc.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Giles H, General Manager at Village Hotel Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank-you for your recent review following your stay with us.

We are so very pleased to here that overall you had a great stay with us, in particular enjoying the on site starbucks, Verve restaurant and swimming pool.

Unfortunately we do have a large number of leisure club members including all age ranges so areas of the faciltiies do get busier than normal from time to time. We are also working on trying to make oursleves more noticieable with our location.

We hope to see you again soon.

Giels Hammond

Write a ReviewReviews (2,047)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've stayed at the Village before and needed somewhere for a 3 night stay. I made my choice based on the quality of my previous stays and the facilities at the hotel, especially the gym access, wifi and food and drink offering including Starbucks.

On arrival for my first night I found the double bed very easy to move around the room to the extent that sitting on the bed would make the bed move a considerable distance and sitting up in the bed made it move away from the wall making it quite dangerous. Even just moving whilst lying down made the bed move.

I phoned reception and was promised a call back. I then waited an hour with no phone call back! When I contacted reception I was told they had tried to call me but the hotel room phone went to answer phone - even though I never used the room phone! Surely if this was the case someone could have popped up to the room rather than just not bother at all?

Once I did call back the only option was to move to a twin room (which I wasn't happy with as I had booked a double room) or wait till the following day for maintenance to look at the bed.

I then had a restless nights sleep with the bed moving whenever we turned In the bed.

The next day the maintenance man did come and recognised there was a problem and his solution was to tie pillowcases around the castors to stop the bed moving.

The rest of the stay was fine and up to the usual standard. I did speak to a duty manager during my stay who did offer me a small gesture for my inconvenience. However I still think the customer service could have been improved when dealing with the problem on the Friday night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest

Thank-you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I was obviously disappointed to read that there were a few issues that you experienced during your stay. I can assure you that we have a very proactive service recovery procedure in place so that when we receive feedback we act on it as soon as possible, preferably whilst the guest is still with us.

On this occasion we have not delivered our high level of customer service therefore this will be communicated to the relevant managers and the appropriate action taken.

I do believe that this is a one off and hopefully you will return in the near future and be able to notice a marked improvement.

Giels Hammond

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Our stay at this Hotel was very accidental as were travelling from the North to London and had a business meeting in Solihull the following morning so decided to mix business and pleasure with the whole family as was school's mid term breaks. There couldn't be better choice of venue . We got a fairly large room with a huge double bed and two singles put down for the children all perfect and when we asked for extra pillows they arrived in no time . Must credit the staff ,we encountered, for their smiley friendly faces ,which is make or break for me ! The bed was extremely comfortable and the furniture and decor etc were complementing the relaxing surrounding ,the nice full length "window" as added bonus. Breakfast was very nice with a good service and plenty of choice . What was so good, for the kids in particular ,was the spa and swimming pool facilities all to a very high standard and decent size pool made it so much better. I will say perfect family friendly Resort/Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your recent review.

We were delighted to read that you and your family had such an enjoyable stay with us and that both our facilities and staff exceeded all expectations. I will be sure to pass on these kind words to the rest of the team who will bb thrilled to hear such great comments.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed here on 9th May. After being made to feel very welcome at reception, we went to our room. The room was great - containing everything needed for an overnight, or indeed a longer stay. The room was exceptionally clean, and the bathroom (especialy shower) was outstanding. The bed was comfortable.

We decided not to eat in the hotal bar, but there was a good range of meals on offer, and prices were average. I made use of the leisure facilities, the stream room was superb, the sauna was a little hot for my liking, and the jacuzzi was very relaxing. The pool was great and a good size allowing room for swimming lessons at one end.

I had some work to do, so the free wi-fi was a bonus.

Breakfast was enjoyable, tasty and plentiful. Overall, a good stay

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Giles H, General Manager at Village Hotel Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your glowing feedback following your recent stay.

Myself and the team were delighted to read such comments, these have been passed down to all team members to ensure that they recieve the recognition that they deserve.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

So we stayed here for a friends birthday party as we was travelling from a far distant and this hotel seemed to fit in just right checked in friday friendly staff at reception great food at verve grill the evening was feeling slight peckish so decided to order food from victory pub food Amazing room service great how ever breakfast saturday morning we had a big group a girl with glasses and red hair came over got names checked us in positive attitude we all sat down enjoying our breakfast we sat on a small table as we was in a rush me & two friends noticed two members of staff bossing her about talking to her like a plank 'change the check on the till' no first get the door ?? No your job is trays now if i have picked up on this what are they chances of other customers picking up on this sort of behaviour how can you keep customers happy when you are treating your without respect this ruined our experince poor thing just stood there this is a first and defiantly the last time we stayed here! Learn to treat your fellow colleagues with respect.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank LisaScotts

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay.

I am obviously alarmed to read such feedback as I can assure you that this is definitely not how we treat our members of staff and is not a regular occurence here at the Village Urban Resort Solihull. I will be sure to speak to the individuals mentioned and ensure that the relevant man-management trainig is re-iterated to them as this is not the level of management we condone.

I am positive that this is not a regular occurrence and can assure you that you would notice a marked improvement in this should you conisder staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed for work with meeting room bookings and eve events. Really good service. Cleanliness fab and staff good. I will be back. Well done everyone involved. Rooms are modern, smart and good quality. Thank you de vere.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank-you for your glowing feedback following your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to read your comments, they definitely help to cement our place as a great provider for the business traveller. Your comments will be passed onto the the relevant departments.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed for a night due to a friends party nearby. Reception staff excellent - printed directions to party without us even asking! Bar staff and waitresses very helpful and attentive.

Rooms clean, comfortable and better than expected for the price. Beds are huge and comfy.

Would definitely stay again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay.

We are delighted to read that our staff were more than helpful during your stay and that you enjoyed your overall experience. I will be sure to communicate this to them.

Please do consider us again in the future and check our website for all best available rates and current deals.