“Village inn Solihull”

Village Hotel Solihull
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Solihull
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Love the village hotels and so purchased an online voucher for a day pass at the Solihull village inn to use the leisure facilities, enjoyed 2 classes and a nice swim, steam & sauna. (Good value) Staff were friendly & welcoming. Decided to stay and have lunch although waited a little longer than would have liked and had to send coleslaw back as tasted off! Enjoyed relaxing in the lounge area with a Starbucks.

Stayed: June 2014
Giles H, General Manager at Village Hotel Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest

We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed the leisiure facilities here at the Village Solihull.

We have recenetly changed the management team, therefore they will be so very pleased to read your glowing feedback, I will be sure to pass it on to him and the rest of the team.

We look forward to seeing you again in the leisure club soon.

Regards

There are newer reviews for Village Hotel Solihull

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The air conditioning wasn't working and when I complained I was sent a fan, which made no difference. I hardly slept at all and when I complained in the morning I was told it was only my room, which was obviously not the case based on other reviews. A sorry doesn't make up for a sleepless night. Would have rather of driven home than get no sleep.

Breakfasts at the village chain of hotels are always disappointing, premier inn breakfasts are far superior. Very basic with little choice.

The only good thing is the leisure facilities, very good pool and gym.

Won't be returning to this village anytime soon, especially not when the weather is hot.

Stayed: July 2014
Giles H, General Manager at Village Hotel Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for posting a review following your recent stay.

I can only apologise for the lack of air conditoning during your stay with us. We are fully aware of the issues we are experiencing with our air conditoning, unfortunately due to the seriousness of the issue there has been a delay in the completion of this work. It is being dealt with as a matter of urgency, however we have been unable to detail a completion date as it is in the hands of our contractors.

I can assure you that once rectified I am confident that we can restore your faith within the hotel and it's services as this is definitely not a true reflection of a Village Urban Resort experience.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I spent two nights here and it was a really pleasant stay. Clean and comfortable - the rooms were nothing exceptional, but offered everything you need and expect for a mid range hotel. Room service was fairly quick and arrived hot which is always a bonus! It's just a shame they don't offer anything than sandwiches and paninis after 10:30 I think it was - not absolutely sure of the time but remembering it wasn't particularly helpful if you arrived late. The gym is really good if you have the time or inclination to visit it. Great place to crash, but not for a romantic weekend!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us.

We were delighted to read that we were able to cater for all of your needs during your stay. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the rest of the team.

Please do keep an eye out on our website for all current room rates and packages.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We needed somewhere in Solihull to meet and talk and get a little work done. The foyer has various areas with seating to choose from - some more casual (sofas) and others with more upright chairs. There is a Starbucks on site for refreshments. I had arrived early found a corner and got on with what I needed to do. I found the floor set power points for lamps rather useful for charging phone/laptop. If you choose your corner carefully you can get away from the bulk of the music interference (they play music in the entrance area). I wasn't making phone calls but noticed several others working away took all their phone calls outside.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank-you for your feedback following your recent visit.

We are so very pleased to hear that the facilties of our lobby area catered for your meeting needs. We also do have 6 excellent meetings rooms within our "hub" that are available for great value daily delega rates with a number of different packages. Be sure to speak to one of our receptionists the next time you visit as they will be able to give you a showround and more information on our meetings provisons.

See you again soon.

Regards

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

For the 3rd time in a row and following a string of well rehearsed excuses, the air-con was still not working.
Complete twaddle. Basically it has not worked for over a month.
The staff on reception have been told to say "sorry, it's just in a couple of rooms". This is not the case. Just ask any of the guests at breakfast!
Won't be going back.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Bobbyzap

Dear Guest

Many thanks for posting a review following your recent stay.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

What a great place for relaxation and fun . The room interior has a very fashionable contemporary design with comfortable beds. The gym and swimming area are a great source for exercise and the breakfast buffet is amazing. A great stay for a great price.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Giles H, General Manager at Village Hotel Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us.

We are delgithed to hear that you had such an enjoyable Hen Weekend with us and that you were able to make the most of the gym and swimming facitiles.

Please keep an eye out on our website for all special offers and bedroom packages.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Right, apologies in advance for what is going to be a very long review. Firstly I would like to say that the manager who we spoke to in the morning after these events named danni handledit very well so this review is in no way a reflection of her.

We arrived at the hotel on the 15th June hoping for a nice night after I have been suffering from stress. Check in was fine although the receptionist didn't say anything about breakfast or where to go to find our room, anyway figured it out. Went in to our room which at first look was ok after a further inspection started the problems. There was all damp in the one corner of the room and all paint coming off. The window didn't open and the blind was broke. Nothing too bad. I then noticed there was a door in the middle of the room which I though father strange and my friend said it must just be a cupboard. We went out for dinner and returned to shouting and swearing which we recorded on our phones as proof because we couldn't believe it it was so loud like it was in the room some chavs next door having a domestic. Then a few minutes later a smoky smell in the room, we thought hmmm ok bit weird but ignored it. We settled down to watch the Italy v England game after around half an hour we were stunned to see smoke coming from under this door in the room!! To our horror we realised our room was an adjoining room to another room and they were smoking in there!! A few minutes later we smelt the overwhelming stench of cannabis. At this point I was fuming and we marched downstairs to reception. Reception was full with people watching the game as were the night porters. I found one and explained the situation and he came upstairs with us and knocked on next door. We heard the whole conversation, the porter says "you can't smoke they've complained next door you need to stop it" to which the chav next door said soz I'll stop?? Not good enough they should have been removed instantly! They carried on smoking after this our room was full of smoke, my friend is asthmatic and coughing and couldn't breathe at this point and had to go and stand in the bathroom. I went downstairs 4 times in total when eventually they said they would move us. We missed the whole football match. We got to our room " a disabled double bearing in mind I paid for a twin so I had to sleep in a double bed with my male friend... The card they gave us to open the door wouldn't work another trip downstairs. The air con was broke so they got us a fan, the window wouldn't open again!! The bed sheets were stained and coming off the bed. All in all it was a nightmare. We spent the whole night going up and downstairs. The night staff didn't resolve the problem at all. In the morning I demanded I see the manager danni and she said we could have a night free to which I said no I want a refund which we did get. I then got an email off another manager called giles apologising and saying if we stay again we will get a discounted rate which is silly as I would not pay 1 penny to stay here again. Breakfast was nasty and cheap and grubby as well. We got a free hot drink at costa to say sorry. Whilst I understand it wasn't the hotels fault some people were. Smoking, the staff did not resolve it at the time they were more interested in watching the game. We were the ones put out whilst the guests who caused all these problems got nothing. Not really fair is it. We stay in a lot of hotels and b and bs and this is by far the worst. Have told all our family and friends to avoid at all costs as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Following your recent stay with us over the weekend, I wanted to take this opportunity to apologise with regards to the issues that you experienced during your stay here at the Village Urban Resort Solihull. As General Manger here at Village Solihull therefore I am keen to receive any type of guest feedback, although it is never encouraging to receive negative comments this information is vital to monitoring our guests experiences and understanding when we have fallen short of meeting our guest expectations.

It is obvious from your feedback that despite our efforts to turn your stay around for you when we were made aware of these issues, we were unable to do so. I can assure you that your experience is an isolated one and that the points that you have mentioned have been highlighted with key managers within the hotel and policies have been reviewed to ensure that we do not have a repat of them.

I am very confident that should you change your mind and wish to return to the Hotel we would be able to show you a true "Village" experience as the feedback has been taken on board. Please feel free to get in contact with me should you wish to return so that we can arrange a gestuire for you.