“Add cost of car park and wi-fi to your price”

Crowne Plaza Solihull
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Solihull
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Hotel was easy to access from M42. Reception was efficient and helpful throughout the stay. Allocated a room on 3rd floor at front of building. Initial impression was of a good sized room and bed. Unfortunately the carpet was stained which let it down.The room was possibly clean but with the very visible stains I have marked down the cleanliness. Didn't eat in the hotel as there is a good selection of restaurants and pubs across the road in the shopping centre.
Only shower was in the bath and didn't have a very strong pressure.
Hotel guests can use the health centre and swimming pool without charge, but wi-fi is £5 per hour and the car park is another £5 per night.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Edwina B, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Nyeri
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay here. I was pleased to hear that you found our team to be helpful and efficient and your room to be a good size.

I apologise for condition of the bedroom carpet and this is now been addressed. With regard to the charge for WiFi, the technical support for this service is provided by an external company and therefore it is necessary to charge our guests for using their services.

Please be assured that we regularly review our pricing for car parking to ensure that we remain competitive with other hotels in this area and the charge we make for residents is significantly discounted.
Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to weloming you back to the Holiday Inn Solihull very soon.

With kind regards, Edwina Blyth, Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed in this hotel overnight for business purposes but the hotel staff and facilities was superb that we enjoyed ourselves so much! Highly recommended for business people and couples. The room was very clean and spacious.

Room Tip: booking rooms at least one month advance can get you a cheaper rate
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Edwina B, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Chie J
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Solihull. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and I shall pass your kind comments onto the team here. I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Stayed here as part of a corporate conference. Hotel is in a reasonably quiet location in a very busy area, and where it scores well is with its grounds (see pictures). Round the back of the hotel is a terrace area overlooking well kept lawns and a small lily pond. There is a little walk around the pond and the whole thing adds an air of tranquility.
Holiday Inns are normally good standard and this one does not disappoint - spacious and airy public areas, nice bar area, good sized and well appointed rooms, lifts work etc etc. Only negative is that they charge for WiFi - why when you are paying the going rate for the rooms do they want to charge extra for WiFi?
We had an ok meal in our function room so didn't try the restaurant, but breakfast had a good selection of food (if not over hot) on the buffet with toasts, pastries and cereals.
Just over the road there is a Pizza Express and a TGI Fridays if you want a meal locally.
Recommended as a business event, or for the odd night - easy to find and very comfortable.
There is also a health club should you want to use it - not sure if an extra cost.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room overlooking pond - third storey rooms only have small high-up windows
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank PabloMorley
Edwina B, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Dear PabloMorley
Thank you taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Solihull. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. Our WiFi and the technical support for this service is provided by an external company, therefore it is necessary to charge our guests for using their services. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Solihull in the very near future.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

The hotel room was very nice ,clean and spacious and overlooking the lake. The hotel is in a very good location opposite restaurants, bars and solihull shopping centre.The staff in reception and at breakfast were very friendly and efficient , the breakfast was very good ,a great selection of the usual buffet style food. However both of our nights were spoilt ,the first night we had been out celebrating our daughters birthday and were woken by fire alarm and stood outside for about 1 hour whilst fireman checked the electrics.The second night the restaurant let the hotel down. The young staff were very nice and friendly , but clueless on how to Waite on tables. Two out of Four meals were brought to table without their side orders and a while before the rest of the meals ,they also tried to clear the table whilst my husband and daughter were still eating. My lamb and my daughters partners lamb was fine , however my husband and daughters Thai green curry was terrible , the chicken over cooked and so was rice (pre-cooked and reheated) my husband was so bad he reported it to the manager who was very Courteous and apologetic. He replaced the curry, but it was still not good and had to eat it whilst we had finished ours.We also ordered side vegetable which were a few beans and some dried up carrots they were brought to the table a while after the meals were served.The manager was very good and tried to compensate by giving us a discount and my daughter and I complimentary deserts , but her birthday treat was ruined.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank judmad
Edwina B, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear Judmad
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Solihull. I was delighted to read that you found the staff friendly and helpful and enjoyed breakfast.

With regard to the overnight evacuation, on hearing the alarms and for the safety of our guests and team we call the fire rescue service immediately and evacuate the hotel. I am pleased to say the it was a false alarm, however, I am sorry that you and your family were disturbed.

I was sorry to read that your daughter's birthday experience was spoiled with dinner on the second night. I have noted your points regarding the quality of the food and the service and our Operations Manager is taking action. Thank you for your kind comments about the manager on duty and these have been passed onto him.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, it is very much appreciated.

Edwina Blyth

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We snatched a night here away from the kids and were really impressed with the room and with the service from the lovely Chloe on reception. Great value if you book in advance too, and opposite a good selection of bars, shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room when we booked online and this was honoured, very fortunate as there was a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Edwina B, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Homesick319
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. I was pleased to hear that you had a relaxing stay and took advantage of our close location to the Touchwood Centre. Thank you for your kind comments about Chloe, she is delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Solihull in the very near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Stayed for a friends wedding, room was spacious and bed very comfy, check in quick and efficient. Hotel itself modern with nice outdoor seating area. Overall a good hotel in central location close to shops and bars etc.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Elle442
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Solihull. I was delighted to hear that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. I appreciate the time you have taken to let us have your comments and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed here 2 months ago to attend the baby show in NEC. I was very apprehensive on staying here as the reviews were not that great. However this hotel exceeded my expectation. Perfect location, perfect helpful staff,lovely breakfast worth every penny, good sized room better than most holiday inns and good health club facilities. I have a little girl and they had a toddler swimming pool as well as a big swimming pool. This for me as a mum is a very good bonus that I think they should advertise on more. The staff went out of their way to help me even when my daughter was sick in the middle of the night the staff went out of their way to fully clean the room and change the sheets etc with a happy smile. Me and my family will defo be taking a trip here again I just wish all holiday inns were like this

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear COGod
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Solihull. I was delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us. It was good to hear that you and your little girl enjoyed our pool facilities and that our team here were friendly and helpful. Thank you again for taking the time to let us have feedback and we hope to be able to welcome you back very soon.