“Ramada Solihull”

Ramada Birmingham Solihull
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Solihull
Reviewed 6 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Customer Servic... S, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Birmingham Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Considering this hotel is classed as four star it is in a shockingly poor state. It looks and feels shabby and is lacking in any form of character. The walls are very thin and noise from adjoining rooms can be clearly heard.

The television in my room didn't work and despite reporting this at reception it stayed that way throughout my stay.

The single glazed windows also contributed to the noise problem as my room overlooked the car park and people using it could be heard shouting until very late at night. I note a previous review with similar noise problems and that the hotel has responded by stating that it is a vibrant and busy hotel. This is absolutely no excuse as all customers are entitled to a good nights sleep.

I requested alarm calls on both mornings of my stay and didn't receive either.

My sleep was badly disturbed throughout both nights and I left for home exhausted.

I have stayed in many hotels all over the world and have never experienced worse service anywhere. I could not possibly recommend this hotel to anybody.

Please indicate if you find this review helpful.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank HighamptonGroomy

My sincere apologies if you found the room noisy, whilst we do our best to monitor noise from other guests in the hotel it is not always succesful! Interconnecting rooms are lss noise restrictive. Where possible we will always try to allocate more suitable rooms to guests preferences but this is not always possible due to occupancy.
Your notes regarding the larm calls have been noted and immediate improvement will be made.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stay here regularly with Business. The hotel has had a makeover (new carpets in the corridors, new tables and chairs in the restaurant).
Unfortunately the rooms are still very dated. For some unknown reason they have decided to put cheap 'Goodmans' Freeview boxes in all the rooms - they are completely useless. The televisions must be over 10 years old - again cheap and certainly not HD.
They have Sky in the bar so why not extend it to the rooms?
The baths are old and very dated and need to be replaced.
This hotel is competing against Holiday Inn, and Crowne Plaza and it comes nowhere near!
The restaurant serves and excellent breakfast and the restaurant staff are very helpful but thats where it ends I'm afraid.
Come on Ramada - RAISE YOUR GAME!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your valuable feedback.
As you commented the refurbishment programme with the present owners is progressing and the bedrooms will be refurbished in due course.
Should you visit us again I would be happy to meet with you to find a room more suitable to your needs!

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

The building is extremely ugly, the rooms are in desperate need of an upgrade. I had a free standing heater in my room, a naff old leather reclining chair and foot stool and a small double bed. The shower was powerful but chipped tub. Won't be choosing to stay here again.

On a positive note, the front of house staff were very friendly.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Customer Servic... S, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Birmingham Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback, we are undergoing the next phase of our refurbishment programme, your comments will be taken into consideration.
For reference we do have a number of different types of rooms and will happily show guests a selection in order to find a suitable room type!
Regards

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have stayed in this hotel many times before, it was always looked little bit on the tiled side at this particular time as a customer of a large company that operate in Solihull area the rooms were booked for us we arrived to be greeted by a very nice young lady polite but immediately took a swipe of the credit card which is normal but not £100 that unnerved me wasn't exactly happy about my credit card and my receipt indicating £100 of expenditure.

We entered the main bar area where we was immediately hit by the most atrocious odour of stale beer, rotten drains people had vacated a particular area due to the pungent throat grabbing smell I have worked in the drainage industry/environmental sector for 25 years it made me gag when we spoke to the main manager he was completely unaware that they had this inherent problem when we then spoke to the Barman he said yes there's been an ongoing problem and maintenance are fully aware of that but were unable to rectify the problem and will be back on Monday, this was Thursday night while was there not somebody there rectifying the problem and unblocking the drain immediately. The manager was really nice really helpful tried to bend over backwards to accommodate myself or my colleague but unfortunately our close of now been impregnated with this odour and we were unable to go out. The following morning I went to breakfast where I have to say that the layout at 8 o'clock in the morning was relatively poor I have seen considerably better in this hotel and expect considerably more there was a device that stored plates and warmed them through as you take one it rises, I started to take plates and every plate I had taken from the stack had the remnants of food either on the front or underneath it wasn't pleasant, then came the farcical joke a member of staff turned up with a new stack of plates there was approximately 15 in the stack pipe made, where I then said to this employee of the hotel, their dirty he said they would be, I wasn't working yesterday. Put the new stack in on top of the dirty plates and walked away.unfortunately there was a complete lack of staff to be honest with you it has just taken new ownership and I would say that the old management structure was a a lot to be desired.

Room Tip: good running water, warm. all of the rooms that I have stayed in this hotel have all been of the sam...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Customer Servic... S, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Birmingham Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay.

We do have a procedure to enable guests to charge to their room where a pre-authorisation is taken, normally this is the room rate plus a nominal amount and is a holding amount by your bank which is released on check out, this is standard practise throughout most hotels and explained by our reception staff, please accept my apologies if there was any misunderstanding.

Due to adverse weather conditions and the exceptionally high underground water levels in the area we did experience (as did many companies) some problems which have been addressed by our maintenance department.

We do have very high standards of cleanliness in the restaurant area and your comments have been dealt with as a management issue. Immediate improvement has been implemented.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on a Saturday night. The welcome was warm. The room was large, clean & comfortable with plenty of hanging space. Lots of hot water in the power shower. Free parking & WiFi, all for 62 (room only). We're definitely going back when we need to be in the area again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Customer Servic... S, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Birmingham Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for your review, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to Ramada Solihull very soon.
Regards

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have the pleasure of having to visit this hotel every two weeks and have done so now for several months.
The food is always excellent and the service is better than what your mother would give.

Overall I am very impressed with this hotel and what it offers.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for your very complimentary review!
We hope to welcome you back to Ramada Solihull very soon.