“Complimentry Stay”

Ramada Birmingham Solihull
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Solihull

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Polish first
UK Sheffield
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Not terrible, but not great.

The rooms I think were designed by a man, a very large safe on the desk, a fridge next to the tv, bathroom tiling that leads out in to the room, all a little odd! Bed was comfortable though.

Terrible Wifi, could access via a phone but not a laptop. Was there with colleagues, none of us could access it properly, was on and off and very slow, but probably just not the bandwidth needed for the amount of devices trying to use the system.

Shower had good pressure but was 3 inches too low (im 6'3) I had to duck to get my head under.

Some very loud noises in the night woke me, similar to the noise in Shawshank Redmeption when Morgan Freeman is trying to break out by cracking the sewar pipe!

There is still a lingering smell in the bar, not fresh. We went next door to a large pub to avoid it.

As the title suggests we were there for work and 'on account', had I paid from my pocket and gone for a weekend stay etc I would be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Customer Servic... S, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Birmingham Solihull, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay.
We do have a number of different type of rooms which we will be happy to show you and allocate to you on future visits.
My apologies for the wifi connection our maintenance team will investigate and make any possible improvement.
The external drain problem has been solved and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for your valuable feedback.
Greenock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed here 2 nights ago for 1 night while on business. Check in was smooths and quick, and my room was clean. It was just a standard hotel room, fine for the type of trip I was on. TV made a bit of a buzzing sound but nothing that bothered me too much so I didn't bother reporting it. Had dinner in the restaurant. This was really good, food was excellent (apart from creme brûlée - this was too hard on top and not warm enough). I got the steak which was excellent. The main thing was the service. Liz in the restaurant was great. It was a busy evening and I think the chef was a bit overwhelmed but Liz kept things running smoothly. Lovely woman - should be employee of the king (I seen they had this in reception). Overall pleasant experience. Would only stay here for a business trip though as anything else I probably would require something a bit more luxurious.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor we are pleased you enjoyed your stay, your kind comments will be forwarded to Liz.
We are undergoing a large refurbishment programme which we hope will add that 'luxurious' touch!
East Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here three times. And I have in the past recommended it. It's quite handy for the NEC and I go there for business every now and again.

Two things on this visit must be reported and I'm not sure that I'll stay again.

Last visit, there was an overwhelming stench of sewage in the bar. The staff seemed unconcerned about it and could offer no explanation. But it really caught in the throat. I went to a pub in town for my couple of drinks that evening.

Secondly, I was allocated a shabby twin room (307). It was not until the morning that I discovered the shower was not working as it missed the tap to operate it. So, first thing, I had to move room, packing my things and traipsing through the hotel with my bags to a very distant room just to get showered and washed. The staff were only passingly apologetic. The issue made me late for my first appointment of the day.

And that's the rub with this hotel: it's not trying hard enough. It's expensive enough to be better than it is and the staff need to be much more obliging and enthusiastic. You just get a sense that the staff don't want to be there and don't care.... and that creates the torpid atmosphere of this potentially very good hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank danwilson
Customer Servic... S, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Birmingham Solihull, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay.
We have had some maintenance issues in our bar area which have needed investigation work before we could rectify the problem, which I can assure you has now been solved.
We do have a number of different types of rooms which I would be happy to show you so that we can allocate a preferred room on your future visits.
Anita Tarry/Customer Services Manager

Travellers are raving about these Solihull hotels

Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The service I received while staying in this hotel was excellent. The hotel was clean and the staff were very friendly. I have a big fear of spiders and when I found one in the corridor the lovely lady on reception came up and caught it for me. The food was very good in the restaurant and there was a great choice on the menu!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review, we always aim to offer excellent customer service (including spider removal!) and it is always pleasing when this is acknowledged by our guests!
We hope you will visit us again very soon.