Not terrible, but not great.
The rooms I think were designed by a man, a very large safe on the desk, a fridge next to the tv, bathroom tiling that leads out in to the room, all a little odd! Bed was comfortable though.
Terrible Wifi, could access via a phone but not a laptop. Was there with colleagues, none of us could access it properly, was on and off and very slow, but probably just not the bandwidth needed for the amount of devices trying to use the system.
Shower had good pressure but was 3 inches too low (im 6'3) I had to duck to get my head under.
Some very loud noises in the night woke me, similar to the noise in Shawshank Redmeption when Morgan Freeman is trying to break out by cracking the sewar pipe!
There is still a lingering smell in the bar, not fresh. We went next door to a large pub to avoid it.
As the title suggests we were there for work and 'on account', had I paid from my pocket and gone for a weekend stay etc I would be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada Birmingham/Solihull (known locally as The George) started life as a 15th-century coaching inn and now mixes the old and the new around England's oldest crown bowling green. Ideally situated at the end of Solihull's high street with easy access to the M42, NEC and airport, the hotel offers the perfect destination for touring and relaxing in the heart of the West Midlands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Birmingham Solihull reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Birmingham, Solihull Hotel Solihull
- Ramada Solihull Birmingham
- Solihull Ramada