1,552 results
All reviews bowling green george restaurant spiral staircase high street afternoon tea town centre indian restaurant strawberries car park reception staff trouser press bars and restaurants scones food was lovely one night stay lovely room bar area
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Liz is the queen of service there is nothing that she cannot do for you or achieve - if she was working at a four star hotel she would be worth every penny of her charm, down to earth honesty and enthusiasm for the product. As the chairman of the Television and Radio Industries Club of the Midlands we have been coming to this venue for over 50 years - hopefully this is a relatively newer generation - not much! She is always honest on service and we trust her judgement.

Customer Servic... S, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Birmingham Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for your complimentary review.
Your kind comments will be forwarded to Liz who I am sure will be pleased with your comments.
We hope to welcome you back to Ramada Solihull very soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

There is early morning noise in part of the hotel due to deliveries to the neighbouring Morrisons. The hotel is aware of this, and despite being assured I had a quiet room during check in I was assigned a room in this area. There were also issues with the plumbing, lack of replenishing 'free' tea/water, TV, fridge and the safe.
I complained twice, the first time they promised someone would be at my room in 5 minutes, an hour later and two further calls someone turned up. The second time I was offered a room change and when I returned later in the day the afternon reception had no idea what I was talking about. To add to poor customer relationship I was then offered another room only to find out it was already occupied (this happened twice before an empty room was found).

Checkout
there is a staff changeover at 7.30 am, so check out at this time is not possilbe while they print out a very long report.
I did mention all the problems I had encounterd during my checkout and the lovely receptionist did say 'oh that is not good' but did not note down any of the issues.

Breakfast options were varied, but hot drinks orders were taken by waiters/waitresses. This was very poor managed with hot drinks being forgotten. There was one waitress who was brilliant, but I forgot to note down her name (sorry)

Lunch was from a buffet and there were issues with hot plates not being clean, cold plates not being available and simple condiments not being provided.

Room tip: make sure you are not in a room overlooking Morrisons delivery area
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Customer Servic... S, Front Office Manager at Ramada Birmingham Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
We have noted all of your concerns and we would welcome you back to see for yourself the improvements made. Please contact me prior to your next visit so I can personally take care of your stay.
Best Regards,
Tracie Thompson
Front Office Manager.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Good-sized room, quiet and overlooking bowling green. Room a little dark but only because the well-established trees were in full leaf. Excellent location adjacent to the High Street and close to shopping mall. Good value breakfast with plenty of choice. Sue Francis was particularly pleasant and helpful in the breakfast room.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Customer Servic... S, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Birmingham Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. Your comments will be forwarded to the relevant staff who will look forward to welcoming you back to Ramada Solihull.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Needed to checkout 1 hour later at 1PM and lovely receptionists made it happen without any issues even tho hotel was fully booked for next day.

Great service! If i need to go to Birmingham again i defo book Ramada hotel:)

Room tip: Get room with kids even if you dont have kids. Its massive and cost same as double bed:)
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Customer Servic... S, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Birmingham Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for your review, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to accomodate your late check out!
We hope to welcome you back to Ramada Solihull very soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed with my wife over the weekend. The terms of booking the room were that we had to have a quiet location. You see I stayed here two years ago and it suffers from the pub next to the bowling green called The Mason’s Arms that plays loud (and very nearby) music until 1pm. This is audible practically everywhere around the hotel but especially on warm summer evenings when all the windows (and doors?) are opened in the pub.

The hotel took my money and placed me in room 125 – guess what – overlooking the bowling green and sure enough complete with complimentary thumping through to 1pm. The reason for this review is more serious than just a noise problem. They actually told me on complaining that they HAD put me in a quiet room as requested. I explained that if they simply put me in an “even” room number – say 314 or 320 on the opposite side of the corridor then the music noise problem would then have been solved.

To my astonishment the receptionist said than this side was actually (in their view) the noisy side of the hotel with complaints from the car park coming and goings and the 5am deliveries to Morrison’s goods inwards.

The moral of the story is take your earplugs if you’re staying anywhere in this hotel. The hotel is in desperate need of refurbishment and there are signs up to the effect that it is to be undertaken. One can only hope that this includes serious triple glazing and walls with a little more sound insulation than was the norm in the 1980’s when the block was built.

My suggestion until then is either give this hotel a miss or move down the road to the Premier Inn where at least you’d get a full refund for a disturbed night – something that was dismissed as not possible when it was suggested here.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank rodders55
Customer Servic... S, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Birmingham Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

As a town centre hotel we do work closely with local business, I have spoken with the Manager who will ensure more care is taken over the weekend period.
This complaint has been dealt with directly by Customer Services.