“Great service”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Great service”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We called in on a whim as we had often passed and were curious. On entering we were immediately greeted and shown to a table. Drink and food orders were taken quickly and the food arrived speedily. Unfortunately my meal of goat's cheese salad with cous cous and quinoa arrived minus the cous cous and quinoa. However, when I told the waiter about the omission my plate was removed and was replaced by the correct dish. We were given lots of apologies and not charged for my meal. Great customer service? We were impressed by the professionalism of the waiting staff. We will definitely visit again.

• Visited February 2014

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We decided to go here last minute... Was very busy and it took them 2 hours to seat us. Not a complaint but just to advise people to book a table as this is a very poplar place.

Food was fantastic and cooked exactly how we asked it to be cooked, the service was top drawer. This is one of my favourite places to go and look forward to going again.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Lee B
Solihull, United Kingdom
“If you want a STEAK it can be VERY GOOD”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Greeting and seating very good. We were fortunate to have a very honest waiter!
Four of us and we didn't really want a starter so he advised us to have a" Sharing for two dish" it was just what we wanted.More than a nibble but not a full blown starter.
The mains seemed a little over priced for a glorified "Beefeater" /"Harvester"/etc however we had been told by friends these were the best steaks in the area.
The mains arrived , Burgers were medium to well but still juicy, Sirloin was medium despite being ordered Med/Rare but was thick enough to be acceptable , my rib eye,ordered( as recommended on the menu) medium was over cooked and dry.. and very thin! When the waiter asked was everything OK ( as he had done with the starter).I I said "No my steak is overcooked," he took one look and said OH yes .I will replace it" it was 'medium' you ordered!'.He took away my plate but left my bowl of "fries" saying" I don't want you not eating whilst everyone else is!". Shortly a new steak plus all the garnishes arrived "COOKED TO PERFECTION" plus an additional portion of" fries".
When the bill arrived the waiter explained they hadn't charged for my steak!
So overall although I think it's a little over priced. the service was excellent and the food eventually good!

• Visited December 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“The best Miller and Carter”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I love this Miller and Carter, my local one is Penn but i would rather do the 30mile round trip to here as i have always had a great experience here.

I have eaten here for both lunch and dinner and have never had a bad meal. I generally always go for the same thing; chicken soup for the soul or belly pork to start with 8oz sirloin with chips for my main. The steak is always cooked how i have asked and not tough and chewy like i have found elsewhere.

The staff are friendly, polite and informative about the menu. I advise booking for evenings but have just walked in for lunch, the online booking system works well.

Parking is always, lots of spaces are available and the restaurant is very clean including the toilets.

I highly recommend for a meal with friends, a romantic date or family celebration.

2 Thank Lauren B
roldan. Murcia
“Great food”
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

I know this is apart of a chain, but this is a good quality food and the service here is great. Really nice night out with family, not disappointed. Great wine list and the staff were really friendly and helpful

Visited January 2014