“Decent hotel if in the area or as an alternative for the NEC”

The St. John's Hotel
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Solihull
Reviewed 11 June 2014

A three night stay whilst exhibiting at the NEC and I can confirm that it met my expectations.
peaceful nights sleep each night in a reasonable sized room which was clean and well kept. I little old fashioned but that's not a criticism.
WIFI free and the signal was constant, slightly lengthy process to login.
Plentiful parking (free) with easy access.
Breakfast was fun, reasonable but constantly playing catch up with ingredients as it is a buffet style.
Did not eat in the evening in the hotel therefore cannot comment further re the food.
The bar staff were friendly although they did run out of Peroni on the first night which was annoying!
overall I would visit again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
St Johns H, General Manager at The St. John's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Revbev69

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear the hotel meet with your expectation. I do apologies for the peroni running out on the first day, I believe we had an issue with our supplier that week so please except my apologies.

Thank you again for your feedback and i do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the not to distant future.

kind Regards,

Darren

Write a ReviewReviews (1,171)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

One night's stay on business visit. We arrived at 9pm, greeted by a pleasant receptionist.
Room was adequate, clean with comfortable large bed. Bathroom was good with a powerfull shower. Excellent free parking area. The only issue was due to the fact that we had travelled a distance and needed refreshments, we ordered food some 5 minutes before the 10 o clock deadline. Not a good decision. Food was of extremely poor quality with burnt offerings which had to be sent back to the chef. The bar also closed at 11pm.
However, breakfast was good with plenty of variety

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear WorktripCDN

It gives me great pleasure to read that your stay was an enjoyable and comfortable one.

I do apologies that the food you received was not satisfactory, I have communicated this back to our Executive head chef who looks in to all feedback about food.

The bar may close at 11 O’clock if the bar is quiet however we do serve drinks through the evening and our night team are at the reception and will serve drinks through the night.

I will pass on your kind comments to our Reception Manager.

I thank you for your feedback and do hope this will not put you of from coming back to the hotel in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights on business. All the staff were very pleasant especially the nice chap on reception who checked me in. Room fine but basic but bed comfortable which is the main thing. Did not eat in the evenings so cannot really comment on the food. The bath room needs some more modern fixtures and fittings. All in all ok.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Redharvey64_10

I would like to express my gratitude to you for taking the time to write a review concerning a recent stay at the hotel. It is great to hear your stay was an enjoyable one.

We are currently going through a refurbishment of our bedroom which I hope should deal with your views concerning your room.

Thank you again for you feedback, I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel shortly.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Excellent location for all amenities. Good facilities and very comfortable rooms. Free Wi-fi although long process to login. Ample free parking too. Breakfast was excellent. Very polite attentive staff. Ideal for access to airport and motorway network.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian_Lesley01

Dear Brian_ Lesley01

I would like to thank you for staying at the St John’s Hotel. I am delighted to hear such fantastic feedback from your recent stay. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words.

I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

On arriving at the St. Johns we were greeted by a charming gentleman named Jonathon at reception, who though out our stay, made every effort to accommodate our comfort. Our suite was very comfortable indeed and far exceeded our expectations, very clean and with a bed it was hard to get out of in the mornings!!!!! The only let down was the breakfast, plenty of choice but unfortunately the temp of the food was cool. Would we stay again? Yes.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Charleville2014

I am delighted to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and I will ensure the feedback is passed on to the team.

I am disappointed your food wasn’t as warm as it should have been. This feedback has been passed on and I do apologies to you.

I do hope to welcome you back to the St John’s hotel in the not to distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

The main parts of the hotel are beautiful but the rooms aren't so nice the room I stayed was dated and looked very tired, could do with a refurbishment soon!!! Also found hairs in the bath tub which wasn't pleasant, I've stayed in the premier inn in solihull which overall was a better stay for half the price. Wouldn't give the place 4*

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank daniellelg1106
Reviewed 29 May 2014

pubes in the shower, broken telly, rubbish hairdryer, the plugs are in stupid places and the kettle lead didn't even reach the cabinet! you're better off stopping at the premier inn as its a load cleaner and more spacious

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends