“Better than in london”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Monza, Italy
“Better than in london”
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Here in solihull for a couple of days on business, checking trip advisor cause I can't put up with English pubs in the country yards again... Walked 20 minutes and got here.. Wow! Excellent suggestions, outstanding food and great service.
Onion baji, prawns in a fantastic mild souce (suggested by the staff) , plain naan big crispy and soft at the same time. Ice cream baileys and chocolate offered by the restaurant... I ate so good and much I can stay for two days, prices? Nothing, 13 pounds for a proper dinner. Please open a branch in London, soon ;)

2 Thank Vivi198

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Really Impressive meal - Great Value for Money”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a Carry out from this Restaurant whilst staying at the Village Hotel near by.
Main Courses Chicken Tikka and Lamb Pasanda were really tasty and of high quality. Breads, Dips and Rice were also spot on. A gem of a find - Top Notch Restaurant

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank LeginLeets
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Backwater Little Gem!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Went with my son to The Bangla Lounge as it was on the way home. I had noticed that it rated well on Trip Advisor so thought that the meal would be reasonably good but did not have high expectations. Well we were both pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food that evening. It rated up with the best (and most expensive) Indian restaurants I have eaten in but at a cost that was comparable with most 'local' establishments.

The service was attentive and polite and importantly the cold bottle of beer that I asked for actually did come well chilled!

I will certainly go back to The Bangla Lounge again as i reckon the only reason it is not so well known is because it is tucked away in a local village.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank ardenforest33
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“The BEST Indian food we have ever experienced ”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Food was out of this World! Service was incredible! The restaurant was clean and fresh! We will be back next time we are passing through!!

2 Thank salbal54321
Birmingham, UK
“Perfect”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Tucked away in the village of Cheswick Green is the Bangla Lounge. This restaurant is one of Solihull's hidden gems; and one of its best restaurants to boot.

Although only small in size [and when full, things can become a little cramped], there is nothing else small about this restaurant. Ramon, the owner, is the consummate professional and is usually on hand to offer advice regarding the menu and to ensure that you have an enjoyable evening.

The food itself is top-notch, well prepared and plentiful: Their £9.95 special offer [available for both eat in and take away customers] has to be one best vale offers available. Anywhere!

Over the years I have worked my way through the menu and I am unable to fault any of the dishes ... these days I just let Ramon and his chefs concoct an off menu meal for me on each visit Again for just £9.95, that is unbelievable value.

The Bangla Lounge may be off the beaten track, but it is well worth seeking out. My only wish is that I could eat there more often!

• Visited June 2014