“Solihull premier inn”

Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Solihull
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Solihull premier inn”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Myself and a companion had a very enjoy a very enjoyable stay at the solihull inn. Friendly staff and accommodation was excellent also a very secure atmosphere I would highly recommend. And I certainly had a wonderful nights sleep as promised. Will definitely go again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
GuestJourneyManager, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Solihull Town Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Premier inn . We are thrilled that your stay was most enjoyable and that we look forward to seeing you again the near future
KInd Regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
West Malling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

overall rooms very clean + comfy, great shower , very good breakfast at a good price.
service good, lack of on site parking let it down . town centre location was ok
for shopping.
staff very helpful + friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Than you for the feedback you have given us regarding your stay .We are thrilled that your stay was enjoyable but sorry for lack of parking . We have worked hard with the council who have kindly extended the parking times from 6pm -10am for £1.30 but if you arrive in the evening before 6pm the cost for 24 hrs is £8.20. hope this helps for next time you stay with us
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Cannot fault this hotel. Booking was efficient, checkout was efficient. Staff very helpful. Rooms clean, Car parking not a problem. Ok it was £8.20, but that was for 24 hours. Car park very close to hotel. Would definatley stop here again. Close to all facilities in solihull. We didn't eat here so can't comment on food.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Doris529
Diane R, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Solihull Town Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write this review, we are very pleased you had a nice stay with us and are glad to see we met all of your expectations. For future reference for our thyme bar and restaurant we offer a great value meal deal which also includes your breakfast the following morning all for £22.99. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
England
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This is a new Premier Inn so benefits from being shiny and clean and in excellent condition. Sound proofing was good. Check in was efficient. Price was good.

My criticism is parking. You have to use a multi story on Lode Lane which is right by the Premier Inn but if its raining you're going to get wet. Not great to carry stuff in the cold and rain in January. Also, the parking fees are absolutely stupid. We arrived at 2pm on a Saturday afternoon. I had to pay to cover the period from 2pm to 6pm, then I had to return at 6pm to pay to cover to 10am the following day (despite the sign saying 7am) and then I had to get up, walk in the rain on Sunday morning to pay again to cover the next 4 hours while we had breakfast and did some shopping.

I understand this might be largely out of control of the hotel but as a guest it was a slight annoyance.

Room Tip: The higher the room number the further down the corridor it was from the elevator. So 401 is right b...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestJourneyManager, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Solihull Town Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. i know that the carpark is quite annoying for some guests . but we are working with the council to deal with certain issues . The carpark times were recently extended but the council have yet to change the signs reagrding this . we have 24 hrs parking for £8.20 and if you arrive after 6pm in the evening the carpark is £1.30 till 10am the following morning. we are sorry for the inconvienence caused but we hoope you will still choose to stay with Premier inn in the future.
roldan. Murcia
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

1st night I was woken up at six am in the morning by a wake up call I had not ordered, went down later as could not get back to sleep, and asked why this had happened and explained I could not get back to sleep and it ruined my nights sleep! No refund offered! Wonder if they know there mission statement. Third night people up and down the corridor until two am. Day four no internet from 11.00 I asked when it was going to be back on and was told a couple of hours, at 14.45 I was told it should be two more hours, I waited till 17.30 and it still was not back, phoned back down at 19.00 and was told it was across the WHOLE premier inn sites, over 600! It did not come back on again that day.
The next morning I asked when it would be on, I was told they thought it was going to be on at six am but there was still problems on a few sites and solihull town centre was one of them at 12.00 lunch time it was still not back. I enquired about a refund and nothing!!!! Don't have a mission statement if you don't inform your staff and advise them when to use it. I did not get a good night sleep on Wednesday or Friday and no internet for over 24hours after paying for this service. I had dinner in restaurant on Thursday night and I ordered sides of salad, slaw and onion rings, slaw and salad came with the meal and the server did not point this out to me, the waitress who cleared away my plates asked "did the waiter not tell you the items you ordered where included with the meal you ordered" only £2.99 wasted but that is not the point, not impressed with this also. Lovely clean rooms.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are sorry that there was an issue with the internet but unfortunately this was out of our control. We tried to rectify the problem straight away but this took longer than anticipated. We do strive to meet all our guests needs but on this ocassion we let you down and we are truly sorry .We hope this has not put you off staying in one our great hotels and we hope to see you in the near future.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My first time at solihull premier inn was a disappointing start due to the fact they didnt have any car parking spaces, so i had to pay £1.20 for the whole night which was ok but i had to make sure i was back at the car for 8am the next morning which was a pain as i was looking forward to a nice lye in. Then at eight a.m you could only pay for another half an hour. This was a joke. I would not stay here again due to the lack of car parking..

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestJourneyManager, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Solihull Town Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay, I am sorry that you are inconvienenced with the car park but at the minute we are in contact with the council regarding times and costs at the minute it is £8.20 for 24 hours and £1.30 from 6pm until 10am. We are sorry that we have not met your expectations but hopefully you will stay with Premier Inn in the future.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Whilst the layout is slightly unusual with reception on the first floor my one night stay shortly before Christmas was of the same standard I have come to expect from this brand. My first floor room was clean and comfortable and had everything one might reasonably need for a brief visit. The pillows, mattress and linen all of good quality and contributed to a much better night's sleep than I think is usual in "good value" town centre hotels. Did not need car parking so cannot comment on that issue and did not use bar or restaurant in the evening but breakfast was hot and plentiful and tasty. No complaints.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay here . We are thrilled that your stay was most enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future