“Another great stay”

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Solihull
West Sussex, UK
“Another great stay”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This is our second stay at this Premier Inn. We use this hotel as a base when visiting the NEC. We also really like Solihull as the shopping is great and the people are really friendly. We had an accessible room on the first floor.

Location - a 10 minute walk from the town centre which has a wonderful shopping mall with stores such as John Lewis and House of Fraser. There is a wide choice of restaurants locally as well including our favourite, 'Giraffe'.

Room - accessible for guests with limited mobility. Wet room with all the appropriate support aids and alarm. The shower was great with lots of hot water. Sliding door with wide access. The bed was very comfortable indeed with a choice of pillows and great quality bed linen. The towels were big and fluffy. The whole room was clean and air conditioned. Lots of plug sockets which is helpful.

Staff - really professional, helpful and friendly. They arranged for one of the disabled parking spaces to be cleared. Staff do all that they can to ensure they are used correctly which is a nice change. We had to cut our visit short and they were very understanding.

Food - we had breakfast at the Thyme restaurant. It was cooked to order and was really great. There was also a good choice available for a continental breakfast if you did not want a cooked one. The coffee was really good and the service was very slick. Very good value for money at £8.75 each.

We will be returning later in the year and are looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DWT123
Diane R, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Solihull Town Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time in sending us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us . We are thrilled that you had a wonderful time and we met your expectations. We are always striving to give world class service and i'm so pleased on this visit we did . Thank you once again and we look forward to your next visit with us in the near future.
Kind Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

It's new and shiny and meets all the standards that you might expect from Premier Inn. Because it's in the town centre, management are understandably security conscious so lifts and stair access doors are all electronically protected with entry by using your room key card.

The reason I have downgraded it is because of the "sealed windows" policy. The room air conditioning only goes down to 19 and if used will dry you out overnight. If you leave the AC off then you may find the room too hot and stuffy.

The first time I stayed I had an awful night's sleep. One of the duty managers explained that next time I was due to stay to contact the hotel and request a room with opening windows. This I did and received confirmation only to be told on arrival that due to health and safety all the windows had been locked. What a load of nonsense.

Anyway, after throwing my toys out of the pram, a window key was found (in the housekeepers safe I'm told) and I got a good night's, fresh air sleep.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Diane R, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Solihull Town Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for the Feedback regarding your visit to us . We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations ,but as you are aware this is a fairly new Hotel with 4 floors so due to Safety reasons we can not open these windows. These windows have to be closed at all times as these were opened for you on this occassion i must inform you that due to new safety regulations you will find on your next visit we cannot open these for you . We do have aircon which at 19 degrees should be enough to cool these rooms for you and be comfortable to stay in .Hopefully this has not put you off staying with us again in the future and look forward to seeing you again
King Regards,
Brighton
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Now i should say right at the start that i will always have a soft spot for Solihull as i was born here, although we were living in Hall Green area of Birmingham at the time. As such i welcomed the opportunity to stay here, a nice change from Central Birmingham where i normally stay when i visit but was priced out this time. Now Soihull is not blessed with many good quality affordable hotels, so the addition of a Premier Inn is a real coup in my opinion. I don't like the automated check-in, but this is standard these days in more recent PI builds such as this. However the automated system gave me the room i would have chosen if i could so maybe it's not all bad! Top floor with a nice view over John Lewis, Touchwood and Station Street/High Street. I didn't use Thyme so can't comment on the food, but went to Touchwood and had a meal there instead. I had hoped to enjoy a nice sunset stroll up the historic High Street, but was a bit put-off by the feral youths hanging around outside McDonalds, which gave the place a slightly threatening atmosphere. I was surprised at this in Solihull of all places! To get back to the hotel, it's one of these designs with the Reception on Floor 1 and i'm guessing this is becuase it used to be an office block?
Not a problem though as they are 2 lifts, and with its location close to the town and the Train station, plus a good local Bus service - this is a Premier Inn i would be happy to return to.

Room Tip: Pick a Top Floor room overlooking the High Street
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay with us.We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you will stay with us again soon . We are always striving to be the best and these comments do help us make this happen. Once again thank you and hope to see you in the near future.

Kind Regards ,
Cupar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Needed a few nights here while visiting family in Solihull and found it all to be of a very good standard. Room very comfortable and serviced nicely every day. Noise levels for a town centre were surprisingly quiet for a town centre location, and this included a Friday and Saturday night. We had breakfast once which was very good value as we have 2 children and they ate for free. There did seem to be an issue with the coffee machine which caused a small delay but was not a big issue. Staff throughout our staff were very helpful friendly and efficient. I would definitely use this location again. In my search for accommodation for this stay this was the best value that I could find.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay with us here at Solihull Town Centre. We are thrilled that your stay was most enjoyable .We do strive to give our guests the best service they have encountered and i,m glad on this visit we did this for you. Let me Thank You again and we hope you stay with us again when you next visit Solihull.

Batley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Very good,I'm happy there and very clean room and bath. I love it I will again come premier inn.
Very pleasant stay. Staff were very helpful and welcoming. Excellent breakfast.

Stayed here for my business and visit friends. The positives of this hotel is its location, a 5 minute walk to the shambles and plenty of pubs and restaurants close by. The bar and restaurant area is lovely and doesn't look too old, the rooms however are another story! I had read the reviews on here about the rooms being very hot but chose to ignore them as I am always cold and quite like a warm room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
GuestJourneyManager, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Solihull Town Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay here at Premier inn Solihull Town Centre. We are glad that you had a fantastic stay with us and thrilled that you will be back with us again . Looking forward to seeing you again.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on a business trip. My room was quite good. It was large but I had trouble getting really hot water in the sink; it was fine in the show. For a large room, my television was quite small. It also smelt as if a previous occupier had smoked in the room. On both mornings breakfast was disappointing. On the first morning the coffee machine was malfunctioning and it took over ten minutes to get a cup of coffee. On the second morning only one young woman seemed to be on duty. She was polite and worked hard but my ordered porridge breakfast took some 15 minutes to arrive. When it did arrive it was lukewarm, but tasty.

On my final night, I ordered a taxi for the next morning. It failed to arrive. I asked reception to chase another for me. One arrived promptly but the driver had little knowledge of the area. I had to direct him to my destination which was less than a mile away and located on a major road. Not impressed!

Overall, I thought that this hotel was over-priced.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
GuestJourneyManager, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Solihull Town Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay with us here at Solihull Town Centre .
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this visit but rest assured your comments have been taken on board and once again Thank You for taking the time for the feedback.
Kind Regards
Dundalk, Ireland
Reviewed 5 March 2014

great hotel great location excellent staff throughout, the girls working on the bedroom floors couldnt have been more helpful and in particular I would like to thank Danielle as she went over and beyond her duties to help us.food was excellent also.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Diane R, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Solihull Town Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay here with us . We are glad that your stay was most enjoyable and i will certainly pass your comments on to Danielle who will be thrilled that she made this stay memorable for you . We look forward to seeing you again in the near future when you have the pleasure of visiting Solihull .