“Nice one night stay, lovely staff members. Helpful.”

Premier Inn Solihull Town Centre Hotel
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Solihull
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here for one night with my Mother. We enjoyed the stay. We had to be up and out early but we definitely found the stay enjoyable and at a low cost.
Perfect for short stay. Food was really nice, I had the steak, my Mum had the chicken.
Desserts were beautiful! TV good, Shower nice and hot. Very nice staff members, brought our dessert up so we could watch X factor with it! Little touches.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
GuestJourneyManager, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Solihull Town Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for your lovely review, it is very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Solihull Town Centre Premier Inn.
It is fantastic to hear that the work that we do in ensuring that the team are focused on hospitality is appreciated!
We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed two nights early July 2014 for an exhibition at NEC (Business) and for the money (£100 odd for 2 nights) I had an exemplary stay. 2 very comfy nights sleeps (hard for me usually with my bad back) and an excellent breakfast.

Only minor things were that when I asked about the parking right outside the hotel first night, it was dismissed as expensive pay and display and so I parked somewhere else for £10. Second night I realised this parking was just £2 so this could be highlighted better.

Also, when booking. I wanted to add breakfast but it seemed I could only do it if I added the cancellation insurance to the rooms which would have meant that just to add breakfast would have been £20+ per person per night. It turned out there was an option later in the booking process but this wasn't clear so we paid for Breakfast on the day instead.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your fantastic comments following your recent stay here at Solihull Town Centre Premier Inn. I will pass on your comments to the team who will very much appreciate your kind feedback.
We look forward to seeing you again at Solihull Town Centre in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Solihull Premier Inn is in the centre of the town.It has public transport links to Birmingham Centre.It is beside a Witterspoons Pub (great beer & food deals of the day) and the Touchwood Shopping Centre.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

It is great news to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at Solihull Town Centre Premier Inn.
We are thrilled that your experience was such a great one.
We hope to see you here at Solihull Town Centre Premier Inn in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was only here for one night but I have got to admit it exceeded every aspect. A fab night and would definitely stay again. The room was spotless and everything was in there that we needed and the breakfast the next day was fantastic. even my son who is a picky eater had a fun time picking his own food.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Many thanks for your superb review following your recent stay at the Solihull Town Centre Premier Inn.
I am very pleased to read that your expectations were exceeded and the whole team provided excellent service.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Thank you for your kind comments, compliments and 5 star review! Feedback such as yours helps us to recognise and reinforce excellent service within the team. We hope to be able to accommodate you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife & I have just spent a week at this hotel & as the title says it was so,so handy for Solihull centre. Everything is within walking distance from pubs to shops, buses & train station. This hotel is not very old at all & has a "no reception" entrance, that is to say you walk into a lift lobby from the street,which takes you up to the first floor where reception,bar & restaurant are situated. I found this odd at first but once you are booked in the key card for your room controls the lift as well so you can bypass other floors & go straight to yours - lovely!
This hotel does baths with a shower over but on booking when I asked for a shower only, they asked if I would like a disabled room which had a wet room. I asked if there was a downside at all & she said the bed was lower BUT bigger (great), & the sink was slightly lower (not a problem). Well, if I say we could have done a nice line in a Foxtrot in this wet room I am not joking one bit, plus this kingsize bed to retire into at night. Once again a nice armchair to watch The World Cup with but with a smallish telly that could have been bigger! Altho' we were on the fourth floor the shower pressure was good & the hot water was instant, so making a brew in nice sized mugs was easy. Extra pillows were available in the room as was a hair dryer together with "blackout curtains" guaranteed a good night's sleep. I booked this hotel on line & got a very good rate together with having our "healthy" breakfast in Wetherspoons just a few doors up, it really was excellent value for money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

It was delightful to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. It was particularly warming to know that you found all elements of your stay superior, from our accommodation, convenient location as well as friendly and welcoming service.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Solihull Town Centre Premier Inn.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I always try to book premier inns as you know what your getting and as usual the room was clean, the bed large and plenty of light and mirrors in the room.

The young lad who checked us in kept conversation to a minimum ie "This is your key card" hence we spent 5 minutes wondering why the lift wouldn't work till a kind guest told us we had to swipe our key card to get it to move.

My one real moan is about the heat in the room. Having just read reviews for the Premier Inn at Goldsmith Street Nottingham which I have booked for next month this seems to be a re occurring theme. The room temperature was 26 degrees and the air conditioning wouldn't work.

All in all I will stick with Premier inns but it would be nice if you sorted your heating out.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Diane R, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Solihull Town Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I really appreciate your feedback as this enables helps us to improve standards and provide guests with the best possible service and a comfortable stay.
Please be assured that we take all feedback seriously and that your comments have been passed on to the management team.
I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The hotel was clean,friendly and well located. The rooms were adequate for the price and the onsite restaurant provided a lovely selection of breakfast items. I would definitely stay here again. The only improvement i would suggest is complementary biscuits with the tea facilities.

• Stayed: June 2014
Diane R, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Solihull Town Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Solihull Town Centre Premier Inn.
We pride ourselves on clean, comfortable and affordable accommodation and excellent service, so I am very happy to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to having you stay with us next time you're in town.