“Awful what's happened to this once great Restaurant”
Review of The Lazy Cow - CLOSED

The Lazy Cow
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have been to Lazy Cow several times but I have noticed that last few times it has gone downhill rapidly. It was packed to begin with so maybe standards dropped as felt they didn't need to try. All young staff with no experience working public. Different bar and restaurant staff every time I go in.
Food is atrocious
You are better off crossing the road and going to Morrisons cafe as the Morrisons cafe like five star meal compared to Lazy Cow
They used to do lovely homemade chips but that was obviously too much hard work so you now get lazy skinny fries. You used to get roasted garlic bulb that doesn't appear either with your steak unless you ask where is it. They they wander off and come back with one. The food is cold and the plates. I always order a steak but chef obviously changed as never cooked that way you request. Last two times my husband had to send his back. The waitress knocked glass red wine over whole table and all over our clothes. It was an accident and not her fault.
The manager watched but never came near us. I had to move whole family including two children to another table. I also moved food plates etc. No offer new meal although alcohol in food and whole meal cold by time tried get wine out of our clothes. I wasn't sure what the manager was been paid to do. Only for we had my husbands relative with us who was paying for the meal I would have sent the whole lot back as disgusting. I know this is a chain but I have some advice for the owner get in there and monitor what's going on as very soon you won't have a restaurant. Places open and close in Solihull rapidly and although it's an affluent area people aren't stupid.
Also not suitable children. Please can you do proper cocktail glasses. You can't drink a cocktail out of a normal glass. Also, remind your staff two sides to bar as you only get served if standing side bar by front door.
Try not keep running out beer. Arrived 5.30 and both ales my husband ordered weren't available
I would only return for bar
I would never ever eat here again
Please lower music
It's not Rosie's
18 year olds can't afford drink here so think of your older clientele
I have emailed this restaurant manager in the past but no reply.

6  Thank DoloresOS
lazycowsolihull, Manager at The Lazy Cow, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time you write a review regarding your visit to the TLC.

Please can you contact me directly on info@thelazycowsolihull.co.uk so we can discuss the review further, I look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest regards
Chelsea

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I am not the usual person that feeds back my comments, I'm that person that chooses just not to go back. But due to me loving your concept I didnt want that to be case so I sent an email direct to the venue. This was back in February and I am still waiting for a repsonse.

After debating whether it should be Miller & Carter or The Lazy Cow as we really fancied steak and I knew that I had been for lunch once before and I loved it at the Lazy Cow so we choose their.
The welcome and the service could not be faulted but we where very disappointed with he food.
My partner ordered the fillet steak which was cooked to perfection, however like mine the corn on the cob was boiled and tasteless and the garlic was over cooked and tasted burnt. Peppercorn sauce was very runny and there was no sign of a peppercorn. My ribeye was very tough and I did ask for medium rare but it was half medium and half medium rare and the beef it self was tough and not tender usually like ribeye.

We just feel for a bill of £83 that consisted of two main courses, beer and a £17 bottle of wine it was not value for money at all especially when elements of both dishes where not executed to the standard you would expect.

I do love the concept but I just don't think the food we received lived up to the expectation or the price.

2  Thank Suzanna R

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding you visit to The Lazy Cow.

Firstly I would like to apologise that you have not received a response to your email that was sent to us directly, I will pick this up with the team.

Our guests feedback is very important to us as we pride ourselves in providing the best service.

I am delighted to hear you love our concept here at TLC and that the welcome and service you recieved was faultless, However I am sadden to hear that some elements of your visit did not live up to your expectations, we never want our guest to go away without having recieved anything other than a fantastic experience with us.

I will pass the feedback onto the chef regarding your meal not been up to the standard you would expect as this is disappointing to hear. I will also ensure this is this discussed in our next weekly training session.

Myself and the team would hope to welcome you back very soon, if you do want to contact myself directly please do so on info@thelazycowsolihull.co.uk

Warmest regards
Chelsea

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I shared a Sunday lunch menu item with 2 courses. We chose the chicken wings and ribeye. The wing sauce was good, but the wings were fried so long they were tough and hardly had meat on them. They ribeye was good, but probably not worth the expensive price.

1  Thank Dee Dee G
lazycowsolihull, Manager at The Lazy Cow, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to TLC.

Our guests feedback is very important to us as we pride ourselves on giving the best service.

I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy the chicken wings and will pass this feedback onto our chef. I am also sadden to hear you felt the experience expensive, we do review our menus throughout the year and this feedback will be passed on.

Myself and the team would love to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Took my other half for a shopping trip to Solihull, which ended with a visit to 'The Lazy Cow' for lunch. Both had the burger, which was moist and tender, although mine was a little overcooked for my tastes, both came covered in a mayo/mustard concoction (wife doesn't like mustard), and we both thought that the burger ought to be offered with the option of mustard or not. The boll for 2, including a diet coke and a small glass of Merlot, came to just short of £22.00 which we both felt to be overpriced. Having said all that, the service was prompt, friendly and cheerful. Will we go back? Probably not.

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent visit to TLC.

We appreciate all feedback as this is very important to us as we pride ourselves in providing the best service.

I am sorry to hear that you felt the food was overpriced, we review our menus throughout the year so I will ensure this feedback is passed onto our chef.

I am pleased to hear the service you received was prompt, friendly and cheerful.

Myself and the team would love to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We visited The Lazy Cow in Solihull with friends and had a nice meal but i do feel that it is a little over priced.

lazycowsolihull, Manager at The Lazy Cow, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Hi

We appreciate all our guests feedback as this is very important us, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the food, all feedback is taken seriously and discussed in our regular training sessions.

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back very soon.