“Why does anyone come back?”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lazy Cow - CLOSED

The Lazy Cow
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
UK
“Why does anyone come back?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Visited here when it first opened and it was total confusion for our large Christmas party. Thought that it was maybe time to pop back again but not much has changed. The food has improved but the service is still very slow with mistakes being made which is frustrating as much as anything.

It was a pleasant evening and we wanted to sit outside but there are several other options in and around Solihull which are much much better.

7 Thank JeanChris39
lazycowsolihull, Manager at The Lazy Cow, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review regarding your visit to The Lazy Cow.

Our guests feedback is very important to us as this helps us to constantly grow and improve.

I'm am sorry to read the service you received let us down on your visit, as providing an excellent service and experience is something we pride ourselves in and the fact we haven't on this occasion is very disappointing. I will be sure to pick this up with the whole team and ensure this is also discussed in our weekly team training sessions.

I hope you will continue to visit us as myself and he team would love to welcome you back soon.

Marketing manager

• Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Visited The Lazy Cow on Sunday and thought the experience was totally awesome.. The food was well presented and came out efficiently and on time... My only gripe is the price of the coke.. No free refills...the bill when it came out wasn't to much of an ouch....well enjoyed and will Defo go back for more.

1 Thank Trevor L
lazycowsolihull, Manager at The Lazy Cow, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent visit to The Lazy Cow.

Our guests feedback is very important to us as we pride ourselves on providing the best service.

I am delighted to hear you had a awesome experience with us, myself and the team can't wait to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards
Coventry
“Awful service & experience!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Group of 7 arrived for a celebration for a birthday party - which we'd mentioned when booking, and brought a cake along with us. First of all, getting our first drinks at the bar i spotted a dirty mark like slime on the outside of my glass and mentioned it to the barman obviously requesting a new glass and he said "yeah it's on the outside" as if I should just put up with it! Then when we were sat we had no menus for about 10 mins and it was only when a waitress came over to take our order that she realised we hadn't actually got menus! Our drinks orders were messed up twice, from the table. When the food came - chatubriand @ £50.00 - it was like sliced roast beef! In my experience you should be able to cut the end of the fillet yourself, or have it cut for you not have 6 slices sent out on a board! The chips were cold, the sauces came 10 mins later. And the onion rings of which we'd ordered 3 portions were all soggy - as if they'd been fried a long time ago and reheated before sent out. When we received the bill, there was an "optional" service charge, however while I was stood at the bar complaining I handed a different waiter £200 when the bill without the service charge was £185, and the bill WITH the service charge was £203.00 & as I was in mid-conversation he said "it's £203.00 and you've only gave me £200" so I infact paid the "optional" service charge anyway, despite being disappointed and then left £5 on top or that out of respect for a couple of the waitresses who were apologetic about our wait on food, and to ones that didn't mess up. The place is run by kids, with no experience by the sounds of it, and whilst I was complaining (in a respectful manner) I was asked "what do you want me to do about it?" It was a bad experience and we will never return, we left with the cake still in the box (which was supposed to come out as a suprise at the end). Disappointing!!

6 Thank Ellemc94
lazycowsolihull, Manager at The Lazy Cow, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I am saddened to hear of your experience, would you please contact me directly on info@thelazycowsolihull.co.uk as I would like to discuss this further with you.

Chester, United Kingdom
“Outside belies the inside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We turned up at The Lazy Cow, it was a nice evening and it looked pretty much like most other pubs with a lot of people outside enjoying the warm weather... but once we were inside it was a real treat, I can't remember the last time we had staff that were so attentive, efficient and well presented, I can't praise them enough. They bill it as Greta Garbo meets Lady Gaga and that pretty much sums it up, like a step back in time in some ways with a modern twist.
The menu was good and the food really nice, it was a tad expensive though - but go on spoil yourself.

• Visited June 2014
lazycowsolihull, Manager at The Lazy Cow, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear guest,

Here at TLC our guests feedback is very important to us as we pride ourselves in giving the best service to our guests.

I am delighted to hear you are pleased with the service you received and it's lovely to hear that you can't praise the staff enough. This feedback will be passed on to the team.

I'm am thrilled that you liked our menu and enjoyed the food, we have launched our new summer menu this week so myself and the team would love to welcome you back very soon.

Kind regards
Chelsea
“Awful what's happened to this once great Restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have been to Lazy Cow several times but I have noticed that last few times it has gone downhill rapidly. It was packed to begin with so maybe standards dropped as felt they didn't need to try. All young staff with no experience working public. Different bar and restaurant staff every time I go in.
Food is atrocious
You are better off crossing the road and going to Morrisons cafe as the Morrisons cafe like five star meal compared to Lazy Cow
They used to do lovely homemade chips but that was obviously too much hard work so you now get lazy skinny fries. You used to get roasted garlic bulb that doesn't appear either with your steak unless you ask where is it. They they wander off and come back with one. The food is cold and the plates. I always order a steak but chef obviously changed as never cooked that way you request. Last two times my husband had to send his back. The waitress knocked glass red wine over whole table and all over our clothes. It was an accident and not her fault.
The manager watched but never came near us. I had to move whole family including two children to another table. I also moved food plates etc. No offer new meal although alcohol in food and whole meal cold by time tried get wine out of our clothes. I wasn't sure what the manager was been paid to do. Only for we had my husbands relative with us who was paying for the meal I would have sent the whole lot back as disgusting. I know this is a chain but I have some advice for the owner get in there and monitor what's going on as very soon you won't have a restaurant. Places open and close in Solihull rapidly and although it's an affluent area people aren't stupid.
Also not suitable children. Please can you do proper cocktail glasses. You can't drink a cocktail out of a normal glass. Also, remind your staff two sides to bar as you only get served if standing side bar by front door.
Try not keep running out beer. Arrived 5.30 and both ales my husband ordered weren't available
I would only return for bar
I would never ever eat here again
Please lower music
It's not Rosie's
18 year olds can't afford drink here so think of your older clientele
I have emailed this restaurant manager in the past but no reply.

• Visited May 2014
6 Thank Modbh
lazycowsolihull, Manager at The Lazy Cow, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time you write a review regarding your visit to the TLC.

Please can you contact me directly on info@thelazycowsolihull.co.uk so we can discuss the review further, I look forward to hearing from you.