“decent food friendly staff”
Review of Apres Bar - CLOSED

Apres Bar
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Food is a step above the standard pub fare at other places in the town centre. Add to that decent pizzas and a set of speciality sausages and it's a bit more interesting than the standard chain menus.

I have found the bar staff very pleasant, friendly and helpful. The till system seems challenging so tends to slow them down. Had a minor problem with the food order and they sorted it out very well..Prices - food is a bit more expensive than average pub but is a bit better than average pub. Also have a number of decent offers early in the week. Drinks - in the middle. Beer and large wine £6 in wetherspoons, £10 Slug and Lettuce, £8 Apres. Take your pick.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Decided to try Apres for a light lunch. It serves the usual burgers, pizzas, unimaginative main courses, "sarnies", wraps, and desserts that you find in these types of "chain" bars and restaurants. The only sandwich that seemed to be a little different from the rest on the menu was the chicken and caramelised onion chutney which I ordered and in fairness wasn't bad. Apart from that and the service, which was good, there is nothing to recommend about this establishment.

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Were in the area on business as we were doing a show at the NEC. Myself and a business colleague were recommended to head intuitive Solihull for a Friday night. Every bar was accommodating and gid fun but this place. The bouncers (unlike all the other bars in Solihull) were so full of themselves it was a joke. Their loss nor ours. We had a great night at the Slug & Lettuce and the old Rosies!

1  Thank Julian_Osborne
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We went in for lunch but needn't have bothered. The menu looks good but food is not so good. The place lacks any sort of atmosphere. The smell on way to the toilets was terrible. The staff we encountered are just clocking up the hours and have no customer skills. Bad choice on our part to come in.

1  Thank patplease25
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Over the years I used to use this place all the time, I booked work's bash's here, Xmas parties and I viewed it as a good venue. The problem is here it's seriously over priced and the doorman have appalling attitudes and are more interested in chatting up the eye candy that come in and being too argumentative with Customers. I myself was turned away the once as they said "It was a Student night" even though I was a regular! For years now they have had the same problem when you walk around the corner to use the toilets there is a "putrid" smell of sick/urine and I can't understand how they haven't sorted this out considering they serve food. I rarely use the place anymore as it's probably the most expensive place in Solihull for drinks. I would be very surprised to see this place still here in 18 months and to be fair they have brought it upon themselves with poor service, rude door staff and seriously over priced drinks!

1  Thank PAMK