“Attitude of door staff! Disgusting!”
Review of Apres Bar - CLOSED

Apres Bar
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We were out in Solihull last night celebrating some good news, we went to après and my partner got refused entry because he had 'trainers' on! he had black lace up Hugo boss shoes that looked nothing like trainers!! we were meant to be meeting friends in there so this ruined our evening! I will never go to après in Solihull again, will stick to the mere green one where the door men don't treat you like criminals!!! Disgusting!

5  Thank Weslyn69

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Came here for a lazy Saturday lunch. I had the veggie lasagne and garlic bread. It was delicious and fresh out of the oven! Partner had the hot dog which he said was lovely too. Portions were very generously sized. My only criticism is that there was an odd smell where we were sitting - it smelt like wet dogs. I then realised the carpet was sticky under my foot - my shoe was being left behind! The smell was probably a spilt drink from the night before still on the carpet. I don't know why places like these bother with carpets, surely easy-to-mop wooden floors are much easier and much more hygienic.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Booked the VIP area for the evening - £200 to have it from 7pm until 2am which included a buffet for 20 (so £10 per head!) and private end of the bar,

Well worth the money and the buffet was lovely. They tried to close our "private bar" at just gone midnight, but agreed to keep it open eventually (think they were just trying their luck!) Much nicer to have our own private space....although people using it as a cut through to the toilets got irritating.....! Some great deals during happy hour including bottles of wine for £7.50!

Great night.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Food is a step above the standard pub fare at other places in the town centre. Add to that decent pizzas and a set of speciality sausages and it's a bit more interesting than the standard chain menus.

I have found the bar staff very pleasant, friendly and helpful. The till system seems challenging so tends to slow them down. Had a minor problem with the food order and they sorted it out very well..Prices - food is a bit more expensive than average pub but is a bit better than average pub. Also have a number of decent offers early in the week. Drinks - in the middle. Beer and large wine £6 in wetherspoons, £10 Slug and Lettuce, £8 Apres. Take your pick.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Decided to try Apres for a light lunch. It serves the usual burgers, pizzas, unimaginative main courses, "sarnies", wraps, and desserts that you find in these types of "chain" bars and restaurants. The only sandwich that seemed to be a little different from the rest on the menu was the chicken and caramelised onion chutney which I ordered and in fairness wasn't bad. Apart from that and the service, which was good, there is nothing to recommend about this establishment.