“Amazing!!”

Manor House Tea Rooms
Ranked #7 of 15 Coffee & Tea in Solihull
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: The Manor House Tearooms situated in the heart of Earlswood lakes craft centre with easy walking distance for those who like to visit the stunning lakes and local wildlife. The tearooms offer home cooked meals at reasonable prices from 9am to 3pm. Tea and cakes available until 4:30pm.
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Great value for money we had the 2 specials(3 cheese paster and chicken gougons) and a tea for 2, it was 12.50. Staff where lovely, food was unexpectedly brilliant and big portion. Very happy :)

1  Thank olibobs291190
There are newer reviews for Manor House Tea Rooms

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Today we attended a lunch in Evesham with catering done by Manor House The food was excellent with a beef stew , a vegetarian option and either dessert or cheese and biscuits plus tea or coffee. The whole meal was great value and we intend to visit their Tea Rooms a a future date although we live near Oxford.

1  Thank Peter H
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is the second time we've had a children's party here and a massive thank you once again to all staff involved.The food was perfect, great selection and staff exceeded expectations.
Outdoor space was perfect for all the kids to run around and they even got to feed the chickens!!
Thanks again..we will return.

1  Thank Cal0709
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Having travelled over 20miles from the centre of birmingham, we were presented with the most unclean environment, poor staff cleanliness and poor service. It was embarrassing as I had taken my mother across town expecting to get excellent service and food but as she was disappointed I was in utter humiliation. We were sat on a table which still had the previous customer's left overs (un inviting!) then when we asked the waitress to clean it off, she used her bare hands to flick off the crumbs. We then had our food delivered which was of a very basic standard - not to mention that they hadn't bothered to save ANY clotted cream for our scones. So we were made to use standard margarine/butter instead. Having called to book 24hours beforehand you would think we would get at least clotted cream saved for us. Absolutely shameful on the manager. I will never visit this restaurant again.. There is a young-looking waitress who had half her backside showing in public and it just looked so unprofessional. Really not impressed by this restaurant's service at all. Utter disappointment.

3  Thank Gloriouseaster1
Alastair B, Owner at Manor House Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

I am sorry to hear about your visit. Could I ask you to clarify some details about your trip due to the point that we don't take bookings and I know we haven't run out of butter or clotted cream for quite some time, the reason I ask is there are two manor house tearooms one in Solihull and one in Earlswood, if your visit was to my one in Earlswood I really want to get to the bottom of this disappointment. I would be very grateful if you could tell me when you visited.
Kind regards

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The tea rooms are lovely, if a little cramped, and the staff are very friendly. It was busy but there were a couple of empty tables that had not been cleared yet so we ended up moving the dirty plates ourselves. I had a slice of chocolate cake which was okay but not great and my mother had a cream tea. She said that the scone was nice but it was served with double cream not clotted cream- very strange! I will probably give the place another chance, maybe on a weekday when it is less busy.

Alastair B, Owner at Manor House Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for your comments.

I am aware in this trade there are no excuses. But I do know exactly when you came.
Unfortunately that day I had two staff ill and the people who served and cleared were my mother and sister who stood in to help me. Unexpectedly it ended up to be our busiest day we have had and yes the scone was served with double cream as we had run out of clotted cream due to sheer demand.
I really do value my customers opinions and pleased you have written your review. I would like to make amends for your experience, so if you could email ahead if you plan another visit I would like to offer yourself and your mother a cream tea with clotted cream this time.

Regards