“very poor experience, will not be returning”
Review of Town House Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Town House Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$61 - US$61
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Solihull, United Kingdom
“very poor experience, will not be returning”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Empty souless bar, no atmosphere, unfriendly and unhelpful staff, poor selection of badly kept beers.
Also, I have just recieved a parking "fine" of £75 ( i.e. invoice ) for exceeding the maximum stay ( we were in the bar for less than 1 hour as we could not wait to leave ) from a private parking company who apparently manage the Townhouse carpark. My friends and I visited the bar on a dark evening, we did not see any notices or signs that we would be charged for parking and nobody on the barstaff mentioned this and quite frankly as a paying bar customer I don't expect to be charged for parking and so I AM NOT PAYING THIS CHARGE, I will not be returning to Townhouse and I will be actively spreading the word amongst my friends and family that the place should be avoided. Absolute RIP OFF

3 Thank citizen_scriv

Halesowen, United Kingdom
“Disapponting return visit”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Having enjoyed our previous visit, we returned again for lunch. Big mistake ! There was no soap in the men's loo. No other diners and the two main courses were excellently cooked, but served luke warm. To add insult to injury, there was an attempt to overcharge us by £ 7.

1 Thank Gordon C
Worcestershire
“The pits!!!”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

This is by far the worst restaurant I have ever visited. The atmospheres was non existent, food was pretentious and the staff service was terrible. The salmon ordered was supposed to come with a herb crust sitting on a bed puy lentils. Sounds great, I thought. Well, what I got was salmon with a sprinkling of parsley sat on over cooked lentils in warm water. My friend had pork with potatoes au gratin, which she described as pork with sick. The potatoes we so bad. Dessert was ok. But the worst thing about this restaurant is the service. We waited nearly three quarters of an hour for the waitress to take our order for both courses. We were there over two hours for a two course meal. What a joke!!! This place is the pits!!!! Take my advice and go else where.

1 Thank LMargaret W
Solihull, United Kingdom
“unremarkable”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Strange layout which seems to generate a sterile atmosphere, menu promises a lot but seemed to be just 'nice'. Good attentive service. Average experience overall. Would probably go back but in no hurry just a convenient location for us.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“2nd visit as good as the 1st.”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

2nd visit to the Town House at Solihull doing 'ladies wot lunch'. Just as good as the 1st visit I am pleased to say. My friend enjoyed seafood pasta and declared it 'yummy'. I enjoyed beautifully cooked duck with an extra side of wilted spinach. Just perfect. Did'nt want too much so finished with coffee and small desert side. Spot on, not too long a wait and enjoyed a glass of prosecco in that time. Leisurely chat over good food, what more can you want on a Friday late lunch?

• Visited January 2012