“Celebrated my birthday with a £75 parking fine!”
Review of Town House Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Town House Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$61 - US$61
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Have been to restaurant twice before, so purchased 2 groupon vouchers for my birthday and daughters birthday, problem with voucher - could only book mon to Friday ! Website would let us book on line! Arrived, bar empty do went straight to table, not told about parking, overcharged fo dessert when it was included on voucher ! Worst birthday meal ever.. 2 weeks later we now received parking fine £75 however they given a discount £50 and if we dont pay by 28th march they will add £40!!!! Not impressed at all. Will not be going there again no matter how much cleaning they have done whilst they have been shut for a few days. We were only in there 1 hr 35 mins and had to spend last 15 mins trying to ask for the bill as we wanted to go

2  Thank Pandyc

Reviewed 19 March 2012

We've been going to Townhouse for 3-4 years now haven't visited for sic months, this last visit very dissapointing from all aspect but most importantly later recieved a NO PARKING PAYMNET NOTICE for parking on their car park seeking a payment of £75
Not nice and not a nice place to visit

2  Thank Tims54
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Empty souless bar, no atmosphere, unfriendly and unhelpful staff, poor selection of badly kept beers.
Also, I have just recieved a parking "fine" of £75 ( i.e. invoice ) for exceeding the maximum stay ( we were in the bar for less than 1 hour as we could not wait to leave ) from a private parking company who apparently manage the Townhouse carpark. My friends and I visited the bar on a dark evening, we did not see any notices or signs that we would be charged for parking and nobody on the barstaff mentioned this and quite frankly as a paying bar customer I don't expect to be charged for parking and so I AM NOT PAYING THIS CHARGE, I will not be returning to Townhouse and I will be actively spreading the word amongst my friends and family that the place should be avoided. Absolute RIP OFF

3  Thank citizen_scriv
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Having enjoyed our previous visit, we returned again for lunch. Big mistake ! There was no soap in the men's loo. No other diners and the two main courses were excellently cooked, but served luke warm. To add insult to injury, there was an attempt to overcharge us by £ 7.

1  Thank Gordon C
Reviewed 7 March 2012

This is by far the worst restaurant I have ever visited. The atmospheres was non existent, food was pretentious and the staff service was terrible. The salmon ordered was supposed to come with a herb crust sitting on a bed puy lentils. Sounds great, I thought. Well, what I got was salmon with a sprinkling of parsley sat on over cooked lentils in warm water. My friend had pork with potatoes au gratin, which she described as pork with sick. The potatoes we so bad. Dessert was ok. But the worst thing about this restaurant is the service. We waited nearly three quarters of an hour for the waitress to take our order for both courses. We were there over two hours for a two course meal. What a joke!!! This place is the pits!!!! Take my advice and go else where.

1  Thank memphis4lmw