“Highly recommended!”
Review of Hazel Cottage

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Solihull
Hazel Cottage
York
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed 20 November 2008

We stayed here when visiting an exhibition at the NEC. Andrew and Alison were wonderful and couldn't have done more for us.
We were offered lovely hot chocolate and marshmallows on arrival and given the use of the guest sitting room -with an open fire - to relax in.
It was my partner's birthday on the day we arrived and Alison recommended and booked a wonderful local restaurant to which Andrew kindly offered to drive us to save the taxi fare. They even asked the staff who they knew, to give us VIP service - which they did!
One of my reasons for choosing Hazel Cottage was the offer of chauffeured transport to the NEC which was great. We were dropped off at the door and collected on the evening when we were ready to leave which took all the stress out of getting there.
Alison's breakfasts were lovely and she even brought it to our room both mornings which helped to make our stay even more relaxing.
The price is excellent value for money and we were sorry to leave when it was time to go home. I would highly recommend Hazel Cottage.

• Liked — Excellent Customer Service
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple

Solo
East Sussex
Reviewed 5 May 2008

Was working for a day at the NEC and directed to Hazel Cottage from that website.

I could tell when I spoke to Andrew on the phone that he seemed an organized type of person and felt assured that I'd have a comfy place to stay. I then had to alter the plans as an extra person would be coming along, but no problem.

On arrival my companion said that she felt she was on holiday rather than there to work. After a miserable rainy drive the welcoming cottage with luxurious fixtures, fittings & facilities was heaven. Alison and Andrew were the most welcoming hosts with nothing too much trouble. The fire was lit in our private living room. A personal welcome page was created and inserted in our brochure of all the useful info about the B&B, and chocolates on the bed.There was sky tv, wireless bb access, hairdryer, iron, coffee making facilities, you name it! The furnishings were luxuriously comfortable, impecably clean and the most comfy mattress I have slept on for a long time. Both the ensuites had the 'wow' factor and included Crabtree & Evelyn complimentary products. I was impressed by the car to NEC and back, ( whenever you wanted to call) ,service was good, but Alison also insisted on taking us to a lovely pub to eat and collected us again afterwards.
The breakfast was freshly and personally prepared accompanied by HOME MADE BREAD!
I cannot fault this place or the hosts who do their utmost to ensure every need and wish is met. I fully expect to see these people lead the way in this industry in the future.This is 5* luxury with a homely, personal touch...and price. Alison and Andrew should show Fortes how to do it :-)

• Liked — The commitment to customer service and satisfaction
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cheshire
Reviewed 29 November 2007

My husband and I recently visited the Good Food Show at Birmingham NEC and as we had booked our tickets at the last minute, needed to find somewhere to stay as close as possible.
Luckily I found Hazel Cottage in Bickenhill Village run by the loveliest couple, Andrew and Alison.
On our early morning arrival we were greeted by Andrew who offered as a hot drink to warm us up. After unloading the car and leaving our bags, we were then taken by Andrew to the NEC and he promised to collect us again after the show later that day. This is all part of the service which Andrew and Alison offer to their guests and it couldn't be easier. I've visited the Food Show for many years and have always stayed in the Travel Lodge but I will never choose to do so again as Hazel Cottage was SO much nicer.
After a long day at the show and a few drinks later, Andrew kindly picked us up and took us back to the cottage. On arrival we were greeted by Alison who was so lovely and she had lit the fire in the guest lounge for us and suprised us with a fresh pot of tea and cake! It was like staying with old friends.
We were then shown our room or more like mini guest wing with double bedroom, bathroom with shower and a seperate loo, all within our own private area. The rooms were absolutely spotless and decorated beautifully. All the little extra touches that are often missed when staying in a B&B were so nice. A personal welcome note with chocolates on the bed, an iron, ironing board and hot water bottle, magazines, Sky tv and Crabtree & Evelyn goodies in the bathroom.
After chilling in our room for a while, Andrew very kindly then took us into the nearby village of Knowle, where he dropped us off at a highly recommended Chinese restaurant. Again all part of the service and although we insisted on getting a taxi, he was back again later that evening to take us back to the cottage! We did wonder when they got time for themselves!
After a very comfortable nights sleep, we went down for breakfast (although Alison offered to bring it to our room) and were again greeted by the same cheery couple. Breakfast was delicous, as expected and again it felt like home from home.
We checked out at around ten that morning but I think they are very flexible and will do anything to help your stay as comfortable, relaxing and as enjoyable as possible.
If you are visiting the NEC or even Birmingham and the surrounding areas, I can't recommend Hazel Cottage highly enough.

• Liked — Cleanliness, friendliness and location to the NEC
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Jugaloonie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solihull
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
#22 of 118 in Birmingham
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,758 reviews

Been to Hazel Cottage? Share your experiences!