“lovely!”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Both myself and my partenr have been here a number of times and the food is absolutely delicious! they have recently changed the menu which we were a bit disapointed with but purley for the fact that we always order the same things and couldn't this time! however it was very nice and the service was fast and polite.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Huge variety to suit everyone, sensibly priced, Don't miss the ice cream!

Reviewed 27 March 2012

THE FOOD: The food is great but you really need to know what to order. Some things were better than others, which is true of almost every restaurant. There were 3 of us, and we ordered an appetizer and 3 plates each.
Dishes that everyone loved include: "croquetas de manchego", "pescado blanco frito" and "chicken skewers".
Dishes I wouldn't be in a hurry to order again: "Spanish style lemon chicken and vegetables", and "our superfood salad"
The chicken dish was just ok, and most of our other dishes were great, so it got a bit neglected at our table. And I was really excited about the superfood salad but there seemed to be something missing - like it wasn't fresh or it someone had forgotten to add some serious flavor to it... it was forgettable.
The starter was good but probably unnecessary.
I recommend choosing a glass of sangria over beer!

INSIDE: The place is never crowded which is good, but I found it a bit too dim but that's definitely just a preference thing. I've eaten here in the daytime and sitting by the sun makes it much brighter and much nicer.
When our dishes came out we were given one dish incorrectly (we got shrimp instead of the fish we ordered) The waitress was a bit confused but they remedied the situation immediately with no hassle.
They played Spanish-language music throughout, but not too loud so the atmosphere was quite nice without being over the top. Bathrooms are clean and well-lit.

PRICE: La Tasca seems to be one of those places that people think is more expensive than the nearby alternatives, but during our last visit we realized it really isn't. (We had eaten at Pizza Express about 2 weeks prior and the cost per person was identical, and at La Tasca we had a starter and everyone had an alcoholic drink, at PE we didn't!)

Reviewed 26 February 2012

incapable staff, poor food..why is this place still going? the only saving grace was the salsa dancing..at least it distracted you from the otherwise awful evening out, ok so the foods passable but you really need good, polite staff. pffffffff never again

Reviewed 21 February 2012

rubbish service. rude workers. cancelled my table and didn't inform me. never again.