“Just like a Holiday Inn Express”

Legacy Preston International
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Glasgow
“Just like a Holiday Inn Express”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Good welcome. Reasonably priced stay. Good breakfast (excellent croissants). Lift was broken but fixed by the morning. Our main issue was sound proofing - what a nightmare. Every door that closed sounded like a slam. Our room was next to the main corridor door as well. You cannot open the window as to do so you hear the traffic and trains passing all night. (you even hear them with the window closed). Room fairly stuffy and uncomfortable as no air con. I would go as far as to say it was the noisiest hotel we have ever stayed in. On that basis alone we would not return.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Scotlands_wanderer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and paid about £80 a night on a Thursday and Friday. This is a basic hotel - equivalent to a travelodge so I think it's overpriced. The rooms are spacious and clean and there is lots of car parking. However there are no facilities other than a small bar/cafe area and the breakfast was extremely poor. We ate at about 8.30 (breakfast served until 9) and many of the cooked items had run out, including toast!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jonathan P
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Found this little hotel as a last minute booking and I was highly impressed with this place.
It was a little tricky to find, in part due to a dodgy Sat Nav!
Other than that it was truly brilliant, great, comfy rooms and really nice food.
The staff were also very warm and friendly.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Yankie79
Colne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed here for one night for our daughter's graduation on 18/714.

Centrally located within a 5 minute walk to the centre and 10 minutes walk from the train station. Hotel amenities were acceptable and check in was efficient and without fuss. Breakfast was a self service buffet, plentiful and tasty. Sleep quality was fine, we had no noisy interruptions from outside (even though our room overlooked a slip road). One check in card supplied so we had to return to the room together.

Total cost for a double room including breakfast was £60 and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BusyBeeBuzzBuzz
London
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Very standard business/budget hotel. Rooms are clean and fine. Just avoid like the plague in hot weather. There is no air conditioning and the windows only open a fraction and let a smallest breath of air in. I stay in loads of these kind of hotels and it's the hottest and stuffiest I have encountered.

You can get fans from reception at £10 deposit which was the only thing that made my night bearable but that's not advertised - I just happened to see them being borrowed.

On the bright side it's probably nice and toasty in Winter.

• Stayed July 2014
Oxford UK
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed for one the night. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.
Their is noise from the road, Request a room facing the car park (quieter). Breakfast was nice, not a huge range of offer, but more than enough variety. We have stayed here on a number of occasions now and for the price it offers good value for money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Question for you? If you booked the following deal; Book your two night stay and we'll not only give you a 3 course dinner on BOTH nights of your stay, we'll also place a bottle of Prosecco in your room on arrival. Fairly straightforward offer you would think – well I booked to stay for four nights, I assumed that after the first two nights I would then receive a second bottle of wine – not the case unfortunately; I was advised that if I had made two separate reservations for the booking then I would have received a second bottle of wine. I have canvassed a number of other hotel chains; none of those I contacted would have taken this approach.

Anyway, now I am here I may leave a few more of my observations;

• Hotel’s location is pretty good close to the centre of Preston, however, actually finding the hotel can be difficult given the fact it is a one way system.
• Staff are generally ok and friendly, this does depend on which members of staff you get to meet, our first night I had no complaints, regrettably though this was not the case on every day. The second night I felt like I was being an inconvenience by just staying at the hotel.
• The restaurant is rather expensive with the average starter costing around £5, don’t get me wrong I don’t have an issue with the price, however I do have an issue with the condiments being served is sachets like those found on a motorway service station.
• Rooms ok, however I did find what appeared to be a blood stain on my pillow on the first night; this wasn’t changed until the third day.

Finally, this had been intended to be the first in a number of stays at this hotel, however I can confirm I will never be returning to this hotel or any in this chain again – very disappointing.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.