“Absolutely amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Bar

Cafe Bar
Ranked #31 of 525 Restaurants in Preston
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I was recommended by a friend to visit her favourite restaurant. I am happy to say I was not disappointed, upon arrival we were greeted by warm and friendly staff and shown to a lovely table.
Our drinks were taken immediately and we did not wait long before our orders had been taken for our meals. We ordered the 5 for 4 tapas. It was lovely! Everything was beautifully made, looked amazing and tasted even better.
I definitely recommend this, the atmosphere was relaxing and we were surprised by our bill being so reasonable. Everything was perfect. I will certainly be returning because it is the best meal I have had in a long time.

“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have been coming to this resturant for about 15 years and I have never been dissapointed... apparently its changed ownership but this isn't for the worse!
Our visit today was for lunch with my partner and children.
The offer was "pizza or pasta £4.95".. the price had gone up since our last visit... possibly a year ago.. so we wasn't suprised... prices for everything has risen.
We were seated by a friendly waiter and drinks order taken. Very family friendly.
It has been re-decorated and looks lovely and fresh but you still feel like you could be on holiday!

The food didnt take long to arrive... margherita pizza, carbonara and spgahetti bologanse.
The spaghetti bolognase was amazing! quite garlicky though but we loved it! The portion was large and fed 2 children (6 and 4) and there was some left for the adults to try!
The carbonara wasnt in a sickly creamy sauce but was delicious and light. The pizza was freshly made and tasted delicious.
We were very happy with the food.
The staff weren't overly attentive but they were very approachable and I wouldn't have had a problem calling someone over if we needed anything.
I noticed that outside had been decorated and it looked very welcoming, comfortable seating and nice decoration .. fantastic on a sunny day! We werent suprised to see that most of the tables outside were full as we left!
From reading the other recent reviews, maybe the new owners/staff are just finding their footing...
We'll happily go again! Much better value and setting than Pizza Express next door!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Preston
“Its not often am lost for words!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

It under new ownership. . In its hey day it was great. . .

With at least 6 waitress it took about 10 mins to get our order taken. It wss busy though.

The man was pleasant, the food was mediocre at best. The olive oil on the table was foul. the basalmic well not good definetly not aged hope they didnt have to pay for it

I think with a bit more attention to the little things, this place could be very good. The garlic bread could do with a drizzle of olive oil and sea salt flakes after coming out if the oven.

My paella was taste less. . .

My friends meal which I refused to try it was Bolognese, which looked more like a tomato pasta.

Seasoning a dish doesnt hurt.

The girls were lovely however one of them was wearing a skirt so short, it has no home in a restaurant. The girls need aprons, their trousers had flour on them and didnt look great. .

A bit of music would greatly enhance the atmosphere. People were having hushed conversations.

This could really be a great place if they went back to the basics.

I dont think I will be returning. I am sorry for this unflattering review but it really wasnt good.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Garstang, England, United Kingdom
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Visited today for lunch, first time we'd been, it was lovely. Shared 5 tapas dishes. Good size portions, we were both full. It was ahoy sunny day so it was packed, manager came over and apologised for food wait and have us complementary drinks, we hadn't noticed a wait so was more than happy with the service and the food tasted great. Very friendly staff.

Highly recommend.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My meal in the Cafe Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I went on a Saturday evening and it was full and buzzing. Food very good as was the service and the atmosphere Very reasonably priced. Altogether a good evening

Visited July 2014