“A pleasant lunch”

Ranked #37 of 567 Restaurants in Preston
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Visited on a warm sunny day and considered sitting in the lovely courtyard area but opted to sit inside where it is bistro style. We chose for garlic bread and pizza and pasta from the £4.95 menu. The garlic bread was tasty and well cooked. I chose a pasta dish that was a good sized portion with plenty of ham and mushrooms with lots of lovely sauce. Parmesan was offered and given in plentiful amounts. The pizza base was thin and crisp with good amounts of topping. The staff were efficient and pleasant. I will happily return!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I visited the other day when the sun was shining and the courtyard there is the perfect place to eat in the sun. With the upbeat Spanish style music, the colourful seat cushions and the friendly and attentive staff it's easy to forget you're in England and not somewhere in the med. Every dish that we saw being brought out looked delicious, we opted for tapas and it didn't disappoint. I often find I am disappointed by seafood in many places around here, but the seafood paella dish here was beautiful, as was every other dish. We left feeling very satisfied and with the reasonably priced menu, and so did my husbands wallet!!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I was recommended by a friend to visit her favourite restaurant. I am happy to say I was not disappointed, upon arrival we were greeted by warm and friendly staff and shown to a lovely table.
Our drinks were taken immediately and we did not wait long before our orders had been taken for our meals. We ordered the 5 for 4 tapas. It was lovely! Everything was beautifully made, looked amazing and tasted even better.
I definitely recommend this, the atmosphere was relaxing and we were surprised by our bill being so reasonable. Everything was perfect. I will certainly be returning because it is the best meal I have had in a long time.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have been coming to this resturant for about 15 years and I have never been dissapointed... apparently its changed ownership but this isn't for the worse!
Our visit today was for lunch with my partner and children.
The offer was "pizza or pasta £4.95".. the price had gone up since our last visit... possibly a year ago.. so we wasn't suprised... prices for everything has risen.
We were seated by a friendly waiter and drinks order taken. Very family friendly.
It has been re-decorated and looks lovely and fresh but you still feel like you could be on holiday!

The food didnt take long to arrive... margherita pizza, carbonara and spgahetti bologanse.
The spaghetti bolognase was amazing! quite garlicky though but we loved it! The portion was large and fed 2 children (6 and 4) and there was some left for the adults to try!
The carbonara wasnt in a sickly creamy sauce but was delicious and light. The pizza was freshly made and tasted delicious.
We were very happy with the food.
The staff weren't overly attentive but they were very approachable and I wouldn't have had a problem calling someone over if we needed anything.
I noticed that outside had been decorated and it looked very welcoming, comfortable seating and nice decoration .. fantastic on a sunny day! We werent suprised to see that most of the tables outside were full as we left!
From reading the other recent reviews, maybe the new owners/staff are just finding their footing...
We'll happily go again! Much better value and setting than Pizza Express next door!

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

It under new ownership. . In its hey day it was great. . .

With at least 6 waitress it took about 10 mins to get our order taken. It wss busy though.

The man was pleasant, the food was mediocre at best. The olive oil on the table was foul. the basalmic well not good definetly not aged hope they didnt have to pay for it

I think with a bit more attention to the little things, this place could be very good. The garlic bread could do with a drizzle of olive oil and sea salt flakes after coming out if the oven.

My paella was taste less. . .

My friends meal which I refused to try it was Bolognese, which looked more like a tomato pasta.

Seasoning a dish doesnt hurt.

The girls were lovely however one of them was wearing a skirt so short, it has no home in a restaurant. The girls need aprons, their trousers had flour on them and didnt look great. .

A bit of music would greatly enhance the atmosphere. People were having hushed conversations.

This could really be a great place if they went back to the basics.

I dont think I will be returning. I am sorry for this unflattering review but it really wasnt good.