“Lunchtime surprise”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Lunchtime surprise”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

My Aunties took me and my Mum here at lunchtime. They kept banging on about this chip shop that did lunch for £1.50 (I thought it was an OAP thing or something) but no its a lunchtime special for everyone. You get a choice of pie, pudding, chicken or sausage with chips with gravy, peas or both on top all for £1.50. You can even upgrade for more chips for an extra 50p. We all got chips and pudding with peas. We had about a 15min walk back to my aunties house so was surprised to find them still hot when we hot home. They tasted fine and all plates were cleared (its nothing amazing just standard chips, pudding and peas). Granted for £1.50 its a small portion of chips but did fill the spot nicely. I did think about ordering 2x lots for myself but thats just geedy lol. When next in Preston I would definitely go at lunchtime again. I hope you like my photos ive submitted x

UK
“Fish and Chips for a change”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Having been shopping we decided not to bother making tea but call in Umbertos. We hadn't been for many years and was looking forward to it. Disapointed as the fish wasn't up to the usual standard and the chips was cold and tasted like they had been cooked for hours.

• Visited June 2014
“Bit of a rip off.”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Microwaved pie that was cold in the middle with about 5 chips and a bit ov gravy for 3.99. Served by misserable staff. This was once a good chippy but seems they don't really care anymore. Wont be visiting again as theres a good chippy in penwortham I'll be sticking too in future.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank alan m
Preston, England, United Kingdom
“Bargain!!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Been coming here for a few years. Lunchtime offers are a bargain, shame about the constant roadworks, would return here again

Visited April 2014
Preston, United Kingdom
“Pie n' Chips Disgrace”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Just bought Meat and potato pie with chips from this grotty little place. The pie was taken out of chiller and warmed (not very well ) slapped in a tray then a portion or should i say handful of chips dumped at the side. Got home 2 or 3 mins away and everything was cold. This must be the dearest most disgusting chippy i've ever been too. Maybe because of his fire last year they trying to re-coup the losses. NEVER AGAIN will i set foot in this chippy.

• Visited April 2014