“Don't bother”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Preston, United Kingdom
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Been going to this chippy for over 15 years and always spoke highly of it.even though not always the cheapest it was worth the money........However, I went on sunday and asked for 4 portions of chips. The girl who served me didnt ask for more chips to be cooked but instead just devided what was left of the luke warm chips between four trays.......she couldn't be bothered.....well that's the end of my custom and the end of an era

2 Thank Julie G

Sant'Ambrogio di Torino, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Fish is fresh and well coocked! Chips are soft and tasty. Umberto cooks the fish in front of you, so it's always fresh. Best fish and chips I had eat in England.

• Visited August 2014
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Lunchtime surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

My Aunties took me and my Mum here at lunchtime. They kept banging on about this chip shop that did lunch for £1.50 (I thought it was an OAP thing or something) but no its a lunchtime special for everyone. You get a choice of pie, pudding, chicken or sausage with chips with gravy, peas or both on top all for £1.50. You can even upgrade for more chips for an extra 50p. We all got chips and pudding with peas. We had about a 15min walk back to my aunties house so was surprised to find them still hot when we hot home. They tasted fine and all plates were cleared (its nothing amazing just standard chips, pudding and peas). Granted for £1.50 its a small portion of chips but did fill the spot nicely. I did think about ordering 2x lots for myself but thats just geedy lol. When next in Preston I would definitely go at lunchtime again. I hope you like my photos ive submitted x

UK
“Fish and Chips for a change”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Having been shopping we decided not to bother making tea but call in Umbertos. We hadn't been for many years and was looking forward to it. Disapointed as the fish wasn't up to the usual standard and the chips was cold and tasted like they had been cooked for hours.

• Visited June 2014
“Bit of a rip off.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Microwaved pie that was cold in the middle with about 5 chips and a bit ov gravy for 3.99. Served by misserable staff. This was once a good chippy but seems they don't really care anymore. Wont be visiting again as theres a good chippy in penwortham I'll be sticking too in future.

• Visited June 2014