“Great for groups”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of POND - CLOSED

POND
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A quirky bespoke tapas restaurant.. bar and deli with a difference... Serving fresh local produce with a Peruivan twist...We are allgery aware and can assist with ease...Recently Renovated with a funky bar and merged with our sister restaurant duk .... we are the perfect destination restaurant... bar and deli...Vegan...vegetarian and gluten free..
“Great for groups”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Great ambience and friendly service. Exciting variety of food and banquet deals value for money. Dessert menu lacks variety of the food menu. Top quality coffee. Try the Peruvian.

Visited June 2014

Cleethorpes
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent food and service! Really unusual and exciting dishes, but nothing I wouldn't eat! So much on the menu to choose from and lits of choice for vegetarians ad well. Can't wait to go back there! I

“Great food & service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Came for my birthday meal, the place was heaving. Food was amazing as usual however the service was slow. This did become a problem when we ordered desserts, waited for around 45 minutes & when they were served to us I was only told then that they ran out of what I had ordered. The waiter got us a round of drinks which was nice. As my friend paid the bill she mentioned that the service was really slow & the server was really apologetic. As we were leaving we were all given a voucher. That is what we call excellent customer service. Can't wait to use my voucher :-)

Preston, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Have wanted to try this ever since it opened up. I previously went to Duk and really liked it. The wife surprised me for a date night and we both thoroughly enjoyed the night. The food was excellent (try the chicken with black pepper and raspberry!) and service was spot on. Friendly and quick. Family had been 2 weeks prior and found the service lacking but did concede that they were very busy (we went at 8.45 and had no problems). Special note about the staff dealingwith a lady with either learning or physical disabilities. They were amazing. This lady at 1 point just led down in the middle of the restaurant and looked like she was fitting (turned out she wasnt) but the staff rushed to get cushions and the people the lady was with. Great all round!

Sliema, Malta
“Amazing food, very average service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Visited twice this month and first time experience made me to return to Duk Pond. Service was great, food delicious and atmosphere also very nice and quite. Unfortunately, my second visit was pretty much disaster. When our food arrived on the table there were couple mistakes so we sent the food back and confirmed our order. When the food arrived second time there again was mistake so we sent the started back and waited for the right one... 10min later the waitress came and explained that they even do not have this starter on that day. At the end they tried to charge us for the starter which we never ordered and we sent back. At least they offered complimentary drink. This did not spoil the evening and the food as very delicious, however I can`t compare to my first visit which was excellent and I don`t think I will return. And on the top of that I think this restaurant is very overpriced compared to others in Preston.

• Visited April 2014