“Good Food Served well”

Fusion Room
Cuisines: French, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fresh, Modern decor, serving high quality Traditional Fish & Chips. Artisan Sumo Hot Dogs , Fresh Tacos, Healthy Grilled Fish, Salads, New Potatoes. Home made fresh Sauces. Selection of homemade shakes for chips. Craft Beers, Speciality Beers, Soft drinks. All Cooked to Order, All serve with a friendly smile as you who expect from your local Fish & Chips.
“Good Food Served well”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I had an excellent meal at the Fusion. The ambiance was good, the food was of high quality and very well presented. There was a good selection on the menu

• Visited February 2014

Cheshire uk
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We booked here to celebrate our sons birthday as he is local at UCLAN. The meal was lovely, freshly cooked and well priced. Service was good too. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.

“Great time”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We have been for the early bird menu several times before going on to the theatre. We always book in advance - just to be sure. They offer free parking, good service and great food as well as being really good value. Last night we had a duck rillette, baked salmon and my wife even had a dessert. This restaurant is now a fixture on a night out. Well done.

1 Thank David A
Preston, Lancs
“Just LOVE this place!!!!!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Nine of us visited last night for a birthday treat. For a Friday night it wasn't over busy but enough in for a good atmosphere. We all ordered from the 3 courses for £18.95 fantastic value.
our drinks and starters followed soon after. My duck rillet was lovely and soft and very tasty. Other starters of white onion soup, tomato salad and smoked Trout were all enjoyed.
My lamb shank with wild garlic and mash was superb, thoroughly enjoyed this. Several had steaks and some chicken chasseur, all enjoyed - though I did miss the fresh veg. Couple ordered desserts, white chocolate cheesecake with raspberry sorbet was devine.......
This is my fave restaurant and we eat out alot. Cant wait till my next visit!

“Great Flavours”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was blown away by the porky goodness of the ham hock terrine, the depth of flavour in the piccalilli and the fresh scotch egg was fantastic, and presented in an attractive, contemporary manner.

The sirloin steak was tasty, but a little fatty. I made a school-boy error by requesting it rare, and rare to the kitchen’s credit is what arrived; unfortunately it didn’t have the quality of a rump or other cuts (as one may have predicted) and was ultimately too chewy. The thick cut chips were basically roast potatoes, and would have preferred the fatty guilty goodness of fries, especially as they had very little flavour in themselves, although the rich and peppery sauce remedied them. The gigantic onion-rings must have been sourced from a steroid infused root vegetable supplier and were thankfully grease-free. This was washed down with a merlot and shiraz (not in the same glass), both of which were perfectly slurpable.

The dessert of a trio of apple-based deserts was again beautifully presented, with the apple sorbet making a particularly impressive debut on my culinary radar.

The restaurant itself is clean, bright but very clinical, and the views of the consecutive semi-derelict building certainly don’t help foster any ambiance. Service was pleasant and professional, but not heart warming or informative.

Given the quality of the cooking the Early Bird menu offers top value for money, and I would certainly recommend. I’d need some persuading to pay full price, but it is great to see a Preston city centre restaurant offering proper British produce, served in an exciting and contemporary manner.