“Amazing! couldnt ask for more.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Preston Marriott Hotel

Preston Marriott Hotel
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing! couldnt ask for more.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We had our wedding breakfast at the Preston Marriott hotel on Saturday 3rd May and everything was amazing, from booking it 2 years ago to the run up the wedding planners are amazing anything you want or need they just do it, as they always say its your wedding and your day! On the day the staff couldnt have been more helpful, we over ran on our times with the photographer but this wasnt an issue, all the food for our 93 guests was served piping hot and everything ran like clock work! One of our guests wasnt keen on the pudding we had selected, but was instantly served with ice cream, no question's asked, its small touches like this that made our day so special. We stayed in the bridal suite which was included with the package, it was beautiful champagne in the room, beautiful view of the grounds just amazing! Breakfast in the morning in our opinion was fantastic, a huge selection and just choose what you want, again everything was hot. This hotel is amazing, we will definitely be returning from our first anniversary to celebrate.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
      Location
1 Thank Dawn P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I'm writing this review from my room before leaving the hotel for the day.
Whilst this is not a bad hotel, neither, in my opinion is it a good one.
I had a large room, #155, with two double beds, but it looked very 'tired' and in need of updating. The bathroom wasn't very clean, and there were hairs all over the tiles (I'm blonde, the hairs were black, so I know they were not mine).
There was no water in the room, no mini bar, and the water in the tap tasted dreadful. I had to go to the bar to get a bottle of water to drink in the night.
As I say, not terrible, but I have had better stays in 'budget' hotel chain premises.
To sum up: Not worth the prices they are charging.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LondonChangeling
PrestonMarriottFO, Front Office Supervisor at Preston Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We do appreciate all feedback.

I am sorry to hear that the standards of cleanliness in the room were not up to our usual standards, and this will be passed on to our Executive Housekeeper for him to address. We do have housekeepers and duty managers available 24 hours a day and if contacted, we could have quickly arranged to clean the room.

We do not have mini bars in any of our rooms and bottled water can be purchased at reception and our lounge bar. Alternatively, a jug of water could have been delivered to the room for you.

Once again, I am sorry that your stay was not up to our usual standard and we do hope to welcome you once again should your travels bring you back to our area.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

When paying £10 for a large glass of wine, one would expect a certain standard of toilet facilities. The toilets were old, the toilet seats cracked and seemed to be on the verge of falling off and major cracks in the sink basin. The food, where I had a melon as a starter was 5 chunks of melon, with a little garnish, small to say the least. However, the risotto was nice, it was a shame that the prices let the overall experience down. I would not have indeed paying for the service, but would have hoped the rest if the experience was up to par.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
PrestonMarriottFO, Front Office Supervisor at Preston Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us here at The Preston Marriott hotel. We do appreciate all kinds of feedback.

I am sorry that you felt our facilities were not up to standard and I shall be bringing this to the attention of the property manager for his immediate attention.

I shall also pass on your positive and negative comments about the food to our executive chef.

We do strive to provide an excellent experience to everyone who stays with us and I am sorry that, on this occasion, we fell short.

We do hope to welcome you back to us in the future.

Kindest regards
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel lovely room was very nice meal in restaurant was very poor staff poor in restaurant nice leisure centre changing room untidy shower area was dirty made very welcome nice country side to visit guys thatched hamlet and Broughton garden centre worth a visit short ride away

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We do appreciate feedback.

I am sorry to hear that certain aspects of your stay were not up to the standard that you expected. We do pride ourselves in creating excellent experiences for our guests and in this case, we have fallen short.

I am, however, pleased that you enjoyed your room and your meal in our restaurant.

The areas where we fell short will be highlighted to the relevant departments to ensure our high standards are maintained.

We do hope to welcome you back to us in the future should your travels bring you to the area.

Kindest regards
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We have just stayed at the Marriott with a coach party. We found it excellent in every way. The staff were helpful and friendly at all times. The rooms were large, the bathrooms, like the rest of the hotel, were scrupulously clean and the heating responded quickly when we wanted to alter it. The food in the restaurant was well=chosen and, as the main meal was a buffet, we could choose what we wanted. Again the waiting at table was quick and pleasant.
Breakfast was one of the best we have had - excellent choice - buffet so you could choose what you wanted.
I understand the Spa was very good and there were pleasant places to sit outside in the very well-kept grounds

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Castle Donington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I attended a conference here recently. Although the hotel had a good location and the staff were friendly and helpful, something appeared to have gone astray with the back office functions. I did not get a replay from the listed contact person (his voicemail said he was back on 31st on March), so had to book through the Marriott central reservations, not an experience I would repeat, (something of a language barrier). When I arrived at the hotel, my reservation had been cancelled; luckily they had spare rooms, and front of house staff were quick to apologise and rectify.
I was very disappointed to be expected to pay for Wi-Fi in the meeting room/conference area, when I had already paid for overnight accommodation and a delegate attendance. (There is free wi-fi in public areas)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Milton Keynes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel room was up to Marriott standard - very good!
Staff were wonderful, very warm, welcoming and friendly. They even let us have breakfast 5mins to closing off and were totally accommodating on our last day.
Highly recommend to anyone for a stay over or weekend break and it's just off the motorway.
My only grumble would be the fire alarm that went off at around 8am(?) on the Monday morning, no one told us about and turned out to be a testing. We ran out of the room, my 7 year old half asleep, my husband hung over after the party night before and myself rushing from the bathroom, Not a good sight!

Stayed April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Preston
Barton Grange Hotel
Ferrari's Country House Hotel
Holiday Inn Preston
Holiday Inn Preston
#12 of 15 in Preston

Been to Preston Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!