“Worth a second stay..”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Driffield, United Kingdom
“Worth a second stay..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel as I had an early morning breakfast meeting a few miles away, so stayed just for an evening and shot off early.

It was a shame I had to go early, as I would have liked to report on the breakfast too, as everything else was top notch. Even the car park was large, well lit and spacious.

I booked in with wonderful smiling lady, who couldn't be more helpful. She let me know where everything was and was one of the most courteous of receptionists I've ever encountered.

My room was reasonably spacious if a little dated, but everything worked as it should and the bed was large and comfortable.

At dinner, where you have the option of relaxed lounge/bar style or full blown dining room, I again found the staff remarkably polite and efficient. The food was very very good and I washed it down with a lovely chilled lager. The ambience was never spoilt, even though the place was busy (and this was a Monday night!!). It would seem it's a favoured haunt of the locals, which is always a good sign.

A good nights sleep (quiet hotel), shower and I was away after a quick efficient check out. Apparently reception is manned 24hrs, which is brilliant for the odd hours I operate sometimes.

I will definitely stay a second time when I'm next in the area, as I want to experience the full Barton Grange hospitality. I don't think I will be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Hungarian first
bedford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed here on 18 th nov for 1 night there was a group of us , we were very pleased as it is sometimes difficult to find a good hotel when you do not know the are.
After a number of conversations with the lovely Pam in reservations we got sorted , all of us were very happy with our room a good size and standard, my husband and I arrive at about 2pm checking is was very good and the receptionist was very friendly , we then went down to the swimming pool and sauna which were lovely as we had that to ourselves ! Very relaxing ( perhaps a nice bit of music would be good) then when all of our of friends arrived we went down for dinner this was also extremely good a good evening had by all.
We would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to coming again when we are next up shooting in the area.
Well done to all the staff keep up the great work.

Room Tip: We had room 115 and this was good it's not luxurious but more Han adequate for a good nights sle...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Peterborough
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed for one night the food here is excellent the room was ok but unfortunately too close to the lift so I didn't have a good nights sleep, but I would definitely stay again as the food was so good I would just make sure that is asked for a quieter room away from the lift shaft avoid room 216!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near lift shaft
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Glossop, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Have stayed hear before and the decor was a bit tired. However, there has been a revamp. The rooms are well decorated and have great amenities - nespresso machines in the room and a choice of other drinks. The shower room was spacious, although the power on the water could have been better.

The walled garden restaurant, whilst a little expensive (extra veg comes at a cost), provided excellent food, hot and well prepared.

The gym and pool were also well appointed.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Eloic-Montagnier, General Manager at Barton Grange Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for your review, I was glad to read that you have been pleasantly surprised with your stay, we have just refurbished some of our rooms and as you mentioned have installed Nespresso machine, and are also in the process to install some Bluetooth speakers and some luxurious toiletries for the bathrooms.
I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Regards
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

We went to an Evening Night Do at this hotel. The food was really good so I would recommend anyone to have their wedding there. Make sure they get there Coffee right though! It was so weak you could see through it!! but they did change it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Brilliant review, thank you very much!!
best wishes
lancs
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed nov 13- very busy in the hotel. The rooms are quite small and dated if I'm honest but have some good qualities. Fridge, wine glasses, good selection of tea and coffee facilities. The bed was really comfy. However they could be made better. Dated furniture, stained wallpaper in places, small bathroom, and the cleaners don't do a great job, we found a condom wrapper behind the bedside cabinet!!! The real problem was the noise! We were in room 114 on the first floor right next to the lift!! Every time it went up and down it made a real racket and the people getting out of it were talking and we could here every word! Very annoying!!

Stayed November 2013
2 Thank ljm81x
Thank you very much for your review, I was sorry to read that you felt your room was "dated, we have just refurbished 14 rooms and are planning to have more done early next year. I do hope that when next in the area you will consider staying with us again.
Regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

My partner and I held our wedding reception here on the 9th August, a lot of our guests were also staying over. All I can say is wow the staff here are the best I have ever come across ever they make sure your stay is perfect nothing is too much trouble. Must make a special mention to Tania who went above and beyond on our special day and made it so amazing she was there all day and night and even managed to say bye the following day, all the staff that waited on did and excellent job of making sure all our guests were very well catered for. Thank you so much to everyone for making our day perfect, mr and mrs church

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Clare D
Thank you very much for a great review, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back.
Best wishes
Eloic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Preston
Preston Marriott Hotel
Northcote Hotel
Northcote Hotel
#1 of 3 in Langho
Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel

Been to Barton Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!