“Outstanding”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Preston
South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

My partner and i stayed on 29 and 30 nov. It was a joint bday pressie to each other. We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist and given our key. We got to our room and was most impressed. They had even left a birthday card for us both which we thought was a lovely touch. The bathroom was lovely too. Beds were nice and comfortable. The swimming pool was great a good Size and clean. We did experience dining in the walled garden restaurant which was first class. We will definitely be back. We cannot fault it at all.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Eloic-Montagnier, General Manager at Barton Grange Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Fabulous review, thank you very much!! we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Regards
Eloic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Hungarian first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel, facilities and staff, we had a very well presented and tasty evening meal and an extensive selection buffet style breakfast on the morning of our departure, the only very slight down was the water pressure in the shower - it was only a trickle ! Would recommend and will certainly be returning

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review, i am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, I do hope that next time you have the time to enjoy our fabulous breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Regards.

Driffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel as I had an early morning breakfast meeting a few miles away, so stayed just for an evening and shot off early.

It was a shame I had to go early, as I would have liked to report on the breakfast too, as everything else was top notch. Even the car park was large, well lit and spacious.

I booked in with wonderful smiling lady, who couldn't be more helpful. She let me know where everything was and was one of the most courteous of receptionists I've ever encountered.

My room was reasonably spacious if a little dated, but everything worked as it should and the bed was large and comfortable.

At dinner, where you have the option of relaxed lounge/bar style or full blown dining room, I again found the staff remarkably polite and efficient. The food was very very good and I washed it down with a lovely chilled lager. The ambience was never spoilt, even though the place was busy (and this was a Monday night!!). It would seem it's a favoured haunt of the locals, which is always a good sign.

A good nights sleep (quiet hotel), shower and I was away after a quick efficient check out. Apparently reception is manned 24hrs, which is brilliant for the odd hours I operate sometimes.

I will definitely stay a second time when I'm next in the area, as I want to experience the full Barton Grange hospitality. I don't think I will be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
bedford
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed here on 18 th nov for 1 night there was a group of us , we were very pleased as it is sometimes difficult to find a good hotel when you do not know the are.
After a number of conversations with the lovely Pam in reservations we got sorted , all of us were very happy with our room a good size and standard, my husband and I arrive at about 2pm checking is was very good and the receptionist was very friendly , we then went down to the swimming pool and sauna which were lovely as we had that to ourselves ! Very relaxing ( perhaps a nice bit of music would be good) then when all of our of friends arrived we went down for dinner this was also extremely good a good evening had by all.
We would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to coming again when we are next up shooting in the area.
Well done to all the staff keep up the great work.

Room Tip: We had room 115 and this was good it's not luxurious but more Han adequate for a good nights sle...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Peterborough
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed for one night the food here is excellent the room was ok but unfortunately too close to the lift so I didn't have a good nights sleep, but I would definitely stay again as the food was so good I would just make sure that is asked for a quieter room away from the lift shaft avoid room 216!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near lift shaft
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Glossop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Have stayed hear before and the decor was a bit tired. However, there has been a revamp. The rooms are well decorated and have great amenities - nespresso machines in the room and a choice of other drinks. The shower room was spacious, although the power on the water could have been better.

The walled garden restaurant, whilst a little expensive (extra veg comes at a cost), provided excellent food, hot and well prepared.

The gym and pool were also well appointed.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Eloic-Montagnier, General Manager at Barton Grange Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for your review, I was glad to read that you have been pleasantly surprised with your stay, we have just refurbished some of our rooms and as you mentioned have installed Nespresso machine, and are also in the process to install some Bluetooth speakers and some luxurious toiletries for the bathrooms.
I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Regards
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We went to an Evening Night Do at this hotel. The food was really good so I would recommend anyone to have their wedding there. Make sure they get there Coffee right though! It was so weak you could see through it!! but they did change it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Brilliant review, thank you very much!!
best wishes
Eloic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Preston
Preston Marriott Hotel
Preston Marriott Hotel
#6 of 15 in Preston
Bartle Hall Country Hotel
Ferrari's Country House Hotel
Best Western Garstang Country Hotel And Golf Centre
Premier Inn Preston North Hotel
Stanley House Hotel & Spa

Been to Barton Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!