“Lovely weekend”

Barton Grange Hotel
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel on Saturday 2nd August and it really was a lovely stay.
We purchased a £99 deal via Travelzoo for an overnight stay including a 3 course dinner and breakfast in the morning. A fantastic deal and such a warm, friendly and very welcoming reception, which we did not quite expect with our 'discount' Travelzoo voucher!
Our room was lovely, the hotel was lovely and all the staff we met in the hotel and in the restaurant (without exception) were incredibly friendly, helpful and full of smiles.
We had a nice afternoon in the garden centre on Saturday and a great swim and sauna in the fitness centre on Sunday morning.

Dinner in the Walled Garden was absolutely superb – I am vegan and gluten intolerant (generally quite awkward/difficult to cook for!) but when we made the reservation to stay, someone called me back after speaking to the chef and talked me through what they could offer. When we were seated in the restaurant on the Saturday evening, we even had our own printed gluten free and vegan menu. Such a lovely touch.
The food was gorgeous – full of flavour, beautifully presented and really healthy portions. It was far above and beyond the usual jacket potato and salad that is often my only option on most restaurant menus.
Top marks all round. We had a lovely time and won’t hesitate to recommend the hotel, the restaurant and the garden centre.
We will definitely be back for another stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy N
Geraldine J, Manager at Barton Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

I am so pleased you had a lovely stay at Barton Grange.

Its really great to hear you loved the food in the Walled Garden Bistro. Its great to read your comments on the sky TV as we have recently installed a full sky package in all our rooms.

I do hope to see you back at Barton Grange Hotel very soon.

There are newer reviews for Barton Grange Hotel

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We only stopped one night .staff were excellent very friendly and were very helpfull.We had our evenning meal in the restaurant it was excellent ,service friendliness and the food was to die for.Leisure facilities were good we had the pool to ourselves ,small gym but great could watch tv while you trained,excellent shower facilities,towels shampoo etc supplied. Well done,Rooms were nice with sky channel tv. Would recommend this hotel.Thankyou for a lovely break,

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol S
Geraldine J, Manager at Barton Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you so much for reviewing the Hotel I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay.

I will pass on your fantastic comments to the team. I am so glad you had time to visit the swimming pool and gym.

Great to see you comment on the TV's as we have recently installed sky into all our rooms.

Hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Good looking hotel, excellent parking. Food perfectly adequate. Bedroom number 117. Poor ,,heavily stained carpet. Bathrooom dirty grouting, bath in poor condition.

Surprised it is the "shorts" of good hotel guide.

Shame needs a makeover

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mondeo08Kent
Geraldine J, Manager at Barton Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank for taking the time to review the Hotel, I am so sorry your room was not up to scratch. I would really like to have a chat with you about your review and be contacted on 01772 867059.

Many thanks

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed for one night on Saturday. It's the second time in a month I have used the hotel. The room and service was average but the shower was the worst I have ever had. There was just no pressure. I complained to reception but she didn't even say sorry. Just shrugged it off. Very disappointing. I will think twice before returning. I come to the area quite often due to having friends there.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Simon M

I am so sorry to read you had a disappointing stay on Saturday night. The shower pressure is something we are investigating.

Please give me a call when you are next visiting your friends so you can have a true "Barton Grange experience".

My direct number is 01772 867059.

Many thanks

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one evening, food was good in the restaurant, breakfast was great. Rooms however are stuck in the 90s and need refurbishing. The room we stayed in was most uncomfortable with the heat with only a slow fan provided. Wireless signal in the hotel and reception area is intermittent and poor. Staff however are friendly and helpful. Hotel in all over priced. In all, staff friendly and helpful, food great, rooms just about functional.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dominic H

Thank you for taking the time to review Barton Grange Hotel, I am so pleased you enjoyed the food and found the staff friendly and helpful.

I am so sorry you found the bedroom uncomfortable, I have noted your comments and just wanted to let you know we are currently working on our room refurbishment programme.

I look forward to seeing you at the Hotel sometime in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Not far off the M6, just north of Preston, sits the Barton Grange. Stayed for one night on a business trip and can recommend it. Excellent staff and great facilities, including a great little swimming pool. The restaurant was excellent and I enjoyed both dinner and breakfast. Certainly a hotel worth staying at.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank pedro00
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed in a lovely deluxe room and the room was huge with nespresso machine and sky movies - ensuite was very tastefully decorated and both bathroom and bedroom were spotlessly clean. Breakfast was first class and delicious (as was dinner). This is a lovely hotel but what really makes it extra special are the staff - especially the girls on reception.

I would not hesitate in staying at this hotel again - excellent value for money, lovely decor, good food and extremely friendly staff.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Madtabby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Preston
Preston Marriott Hotel
Legacy Preston International
Lancaster House
Lancaster House
#1 of 6 in Lancaster

Been to Barton Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!