“Fantastic!”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Boston, MA
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 5 August 2010

Stayed here as a stop over on a long roadtrip and it was fantastic! Great room - very clean and modern. Great service - very friendly! Great breakfast - delicious! Would stay here again as a base to explore the area. We didn't see what Preston had to offer, but it's location to the lakes district and price make it a gem!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank PondCrosser82

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I have stayed in many hotels in many cities and therefore feel in a good position to be able to comment comparatively. I have stayed in The Park for 2 nights a week over the last 9 months whilst in Preston on business. I really would not wish to stay anywhere else! The ambience is very good, the accommodation very comfortable and the food is good. Louise and Bev go out of their way to make you welcome and are great ambassadors for the hotel trade - they could teach others a lot!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank padl
vancouver bc
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Echoes of its early life as Whinny-Clough (the first mansion built in the Ashton area in 1903) abound at The Park Hotel: the mosaic tiled lobby floor; the dining room's high ceilings, crystal chandeliers and marble fireplace. This ambiance is only surpassed by the warm, caring, helpful attitude of Bev and Louise and their smiling staff. The quiet, residential location is close to a bus stop or a short drive or cab ride to city centre. Breakfasts are excellent. The bar is a charming snuggery with stocked bookshelves and an outdoor deck great for relaxing. As a senior solo traveller from Canada I was delighted with my stay and hope to return.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank traveliz80
County Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 26 June 2010

The Park Hotel is a find, Louise and Bev go out of their way to welcome their guests and to provide good food and service. I and nine other women from Ireland stayed in The Park Hotel, Wed 23rd June to Fri 25th, we were all over for the MU world wide AGM. A yearly outing for us all, which changes venu each year. This year thanks to this lovely hotel and staff, it was agreed that it was the best trip yet!! If travelling for business or pleasure I would highly recommend a stay in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank 2016hon
France
Reviewed 6 June 2010

We wanted to visit a special event in the locality so it was ideally situated. Bev and Louise made us very welcome and the breakfasts were excellent. It's an easy bus ride to the town and everything we wanted was in close proximity.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tc2me
Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2010

Fabulous staff who were always accomodating. Would return for pleasure.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank verityowen
Doha
Reviewed 29 April 2010

I can't praise this small hotel enough. I stayed there in April as my mother had just died. Even though I come from Preston and I had my family around me, I was so glad of Bev and Lous love and support. Not only did they allow me to invite my family back to the hotel to carry on with the wake but they also held a birthday party for my son. They did my washing, cooked breakfast for us when we slept late. Nothing was too much trouble for them. A big thank you to Kamilla and Izzy too. Stayed there twice now and I now consider it my home away from home. Fantastic people and fantastic place.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family