“Central location”

Premier Inn Preston Central Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Typical Premier Inn you know what your going to get. Service was fine and room itself was ok. Only downside was my room overlooked the local taxi cab office which was a bit noisy late on. I imagine it would be worse at weekends. otherwise it was a good stay

Room Tip: Avoid overlooking main entrance as there is a 24 hour taxi office across the road.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Sharon D, Manager at Premier Inn Preston Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Hi Dougiedad,

Thnak you for posting a review of our hotel, i'm very sorry to hear that you didn't get a good nights sleep due to the noise from the taxi rank across the road, if you would like to contact the hotel directly on 01772 842070 we can arrange a full refund under our Good Night Guarantee.
Also if you stay with us in the future please ask the receptionist to allocate you over the car park at the back of the hotel to avoid any possible noise.

Sharon D

Write a ReviewReviews (1,271)

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This hotel is very centrally located to Preston city centre, and is only a short walk to and from the railway station. The city itself is under construction work so traffic seemed to relatively heavy, however this didn't bother me because I walked everywhere. The street down to the hotel isn't very appealing, however once inside its a very modern and clean environment. It was very well signed, so it was clear where everything was. The lady behind reception was very friendly and smiley. She showed me how to check inn efficiently using the self check in service. She directed me to my room and also got me an iron and ironing board as and when required. The room itself was very clean, smelt fresh, and everything was clear and simple to use. The bathroom was also bright and clean.
I went down for dinner at 6:30pm, it had a nice atmosphere and a friendly female member of staff who was on her own, but remained calm and got everything I required. The food itself was prompt, I had a three course meal from the £22.99 meal deal which I think is excellent value for money. The only downside of the whole meal was that the garlic mushrooms I had to start were over cooked and hard, but the rest of the meal was spot on. So I was pleased.
Unfortunately I didn't have a very comfortable nights sleep, the pillows were comfortable, but the mattress was too hard for my liking. Also the room itself was quite warm, I did put the air conditioning on but this made little difference. I woke up several times, over heating and sweating. However this was really the only negative part of my stay.
Breakfast was also a good experience. I was promptly shown to my table and shown where everything was. The same female member of staff for dinner was also working, she promptly took my order for breakfast which arrived within five minutes. It was warm, well presented and tasted extremely nice.
Checking out was quick and simple, the receptionist was very polite and smiley and thanked me for my custom. Overall I was happy with my stay at the premier inn and would, if necessary would stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Sharon D, Manager at Premier Inn Preston Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Hi Toplad21,

Thank you for posting a review of Preston Central, i'm very sorry to hear that you didn't have a good nights sleep due to the mattress, and the a/c being to hot. If you would like to contact the hotel directly on 01772 842070 or email on prestoncentral.PI@whitbread.com and we can arrange a full refund under the Good Night Guarantee. On the plus side i'm happy that you enjoyed everything else from the customer service to the food in the restaurant and also the breakfast in the morning and i hope that you will continue to use us in the future.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed at the above on 15 February with my husband, as we were going to watch the football and to see Saxon at night.
Hotel is situated close to town centre with ample parking around at various car parks - cheapest at weekend railway station £2 for 24 hours...
Room was really clean and spacious and although in a busy position was very quiet.
Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Saintlywendy,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I was so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Preston Central and that you found the location great and the price to be reasonable. And we hope that you will stay with us in the future if you come back to Preston.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed at the Premier Inn Central Preston in February 2014 for 4 nights. When I was there, I got a very warm welcome, I had help with how to check in, I got lots of information about the hotel and it's services and I also got directions to my room. When I had got to my room, I got a family room which when I had booked, I booked a single room because I was only staying by myself, but I can't complain, because it was above my expectations and I loved it having a big room all to myself!! I had an enjoyable time in the Premier Inn and I would recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Hi Georgina M,

I would like to say thank you for posting such a fantastic review of Preston Central, i'm so happy that your stay was so enjoyable and i will be passing on your feedback to the whole team to show them what a brilliant job they are doing. I hope that you will come and join us agin in the future.

Many thanks again

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This hotel was perfect for our stay - extremely comfortable with very friendly and helpful staff members. Will definitely stay again and would definitely recommend. The hotel is superbly located for shopping in the heart of Preston.

Hi Susan O,

Thank you for posting such a fantastic review of our hotel, i'm so happy that you had a brillant weekend here with us at Preston Central and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

The rooms were as you would expect in a budget hotel. Clean, just above basic but to be fair quite spacious.
The staff were exceptional. Very friendly and helpful. It was the staff the made the stay a more pleasant experience.
WARNING: No FREE onsite parking.

Hi ColinJP65,

Thank you for the brilliant review of Preston Central, i'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back in the future. Although we don't provide car parking we have an agreement with the Euro car park behind the hotel where our guests can park overnight for £10 (24hrs).

Thanks again

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Walked in and got room. After a disaster at a guest house. The lady on reception was very helpful!! The room was spacious and very clean. My daughter has peanut, soya and tree but allergies and the staff were extremely helpful and cooked her a breakfast separately so there was no cross contamination! Nothing was too much trouble for them!
Think WiFi should be free and shame there is no free parking.

Hi There,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of Preston Central, Im very happy that you enjoyed your stay and i will be passing on your comments to the reception team and the restaurant team. I will also take on board your comments about the wi-fi and the car parking.