“Bill & Sheila”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Wirral, United Kingdom
“Bill & Sheila”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here before joining the Cumbrian Mountain Express (Settle / Carlisle Line).Needed to join the train at Preston Central so stayed here the night before and the night after. Got a good deal with the bed and breakfast plus evening meal. Staff very friendly and efficient, room excellent, meals also excellent with a wonderful choice both at breakfast and dinner, they even provided Gluten Free bread.This was our first time staying at a Premier Inn, we will be staying at more after this experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sharon D, Manager at Premier Inn Preston Central Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
HI Bill and Sheila,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this wonderful review of Preston Central,myself and all the team are very happy and proud that you enjoyed your stay here with us and its great to hear that you will be coming back again.

We look forward to your next visit.

Sharon D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed in the Premier Inn Preston Central this last weekend as visiting to attend my daughter's UClan graduation ceremony. I/we have stayed at this hotel on several previous occasions when visiting her during her 3 year university degree, due to its Preston central location and being very close to UClan student 'halls' accommodation. The staff have always been very welcoming and professional and have given advice regarding locality of places of interest when asked. The hotel itself is very clean, pleasantly decorated, airy and with good sized rooms. It is very close to the railway station in Preston (5 mins walk) and fairly close to motorways. The only downside is that it does not have its own car park and the nearby pay and display is quite expensive. All in all I would recommend this hotel to others. Reasonable priced and well worth the cost.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sharon D, Manager at Premier Inn Preston Central Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Hi Jo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review of our hotel, i'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us whilst attending your daughters graduation ( congratulations by the way). I also have good news as the EURO car park has from today dropped the 24 hr rate down to £8.00. I hope that you will come and stay again if you visit Preston and thanks once again for this great feedback.

UK
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel is nicely located within reach of the train station, this was a business stay and on arrival check in was swift, the reception is located on the first floor, a very basic station, with automated check in screens, with very pleasant staff on hand to guide you through, the restaurant which was immediately next to the check in was very busy ,however, I was booked a table with a half hour wait.
The room was nice and clean as always with Premier Inn, with all the facilities needed.
The food in the restaurant is reasonably priced and the service was fast and efficient with helpful staff.
The good nights sleep guarantee was widely advertised and I have used many Premier Inns for business travel, however, this was a very noisy place, I was on the 5th floor and still heard all the noise from the street below, I mentioned this to reception the next morning and was informed as it was a city centre hotel this was to be expected, I questioned why the good night guarantee was offered and I was again told I would have been advised on booking that it is a busy place, however, I did not do the booking myself as it was a business booking, but I left the conversation there, during breakfast the receptionist came over and advised me that he would speak to guest services to see if I can get leisure vouchers to compensate for the poor sleep quality, I left my details and still waiting to hear back.
The hotel has a taxi rank across the road and a shopping centre around the corner so is a good location.

Room Tip: Dont go during graduation week!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hi Deeruk,

Thank you for your feedback, i would like to say how sorry i am that you didn't get a good nights sleep due to external noise from people celebrating graduation. I can assure you that guest relations will be in touch soon to arrange compensation.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here while attending daughters graduation! Staff were very helpful and attentive! Needed an ironing board and iron, it was no trouble and arrived promptly!Peaceful nights sleep! Its a shame the chain has reverted to machines, I know this is the way forward, but so impersonal!! Breakfast was great as usual! Everything easy to find! Stayed twice now, and would do again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hi Tina,

Thank you so much for posting this wonderful review of our hotel, i'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and also congratulations on your daughters graduation. Myself and all the team here hope to welcome you back a third time in the future.

Vossestrand, Norway
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Preston Central Premier Inn has never let me or my family down. We have stayed there on several occasions after arriving in the UK from Norway. The staff are always polite and will always go the extra distance to ensure that your stay is comfortable. My wife in addition has food allergies and on all of our visits to this hotel the chefs have catered tremendously well despite the difficulties my wife's food allergies presented them. All the staff members at this particular hotel should be proud of their high standards. You all represent the Premier Inn Chain professionally and with dignity, despite the problems we guests throw at you. My Family and I will always stay at this particular branch of Premier Inn whenever we are back in the UK. We recommed this hotel without reservation to anyone who is thinking of visiting or staying in the Preston area. Well Done to all staff members and managers.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Malcolm L
Hi Malcolm,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this fantastic review of Preston Central, myself and all the team here really appreciate your feedback as it lets us know what a great job we are doing. I'm so happy that you and all the family enjoy your stays with us and i hope you will come back soon.

Shropshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was an ideal place to stay to celebrate our son's graduation at Preston University. The location was in walking distance for the ceremony. The staff were very welcoming and made us feel special, even with a full hotel. Everything was beautifully clean and food was excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sharon D, Manager at Premier Inn Preston Central Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Hi There,

Thank you so much for posting this fantastic review of the hotel, we are all very happy that you and the family enjoyed your stay with us for your sons graduation. Please come again if you ever return to Preston.

Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stay at many hotels for business purposes and this week stayed at the Premier Inn Preston Central and I what've been blown away by the service through the whole stay , the staff just can't do enough for you. Danielle on reception was especially good, have a great holiday after you 8 days straight Danielle. Great quality of service, great food and a fab price, thank you to you all

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hi There,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this brilliant review of Preston Central, i'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us here and we all hope to welcome you back in the future. P.S I will pass on your comments to Danielle.