My wife and I stayed at The Preston Central Premier Inn for three nights in late July 2014.
We were very happy with our stay. Our room (no. 422) was lovely. It was clean, modern, spacious and had excellent air conditioning which was much appreciated as we stayed over when the weather was really hot. It was on the fourth floor so we had a nice view of the outside world. Plenty of comfy pillows and clean towels provided.The rooms were cleaned every day without fail.
The staff all round were excellent from the cleaners, restaurant staff and reception all we received was polite, professional and friendly service. They do say Preston is one of the friendliest towns in England and I can vouch for that now as most places I went I was met with a smile and a kind word..such a totally different attitude to the miserable grumpy faces I have to contend with living in South London..it was a breath of fresh air for me and the missus.
The hotel is situated very close (easy walking distance) to the main railway station and the High Street with plenty of shops, pubs and restaurants to visit. The location couldn't really be any better placed for convenience.
Now a couple of mini gripes..no place is perfect and I should mention them. The breakfasts are fantastic, if you go for the full English you can help yourself to a lovely buffet and eat as much as you like but at £8.75 each it works out not short of nearly 20 quid for breakfast for two, which in my opinion is pretty steep. There is however a Wetherspoons pub about 300 metres away on the main ring road that does a good breakfast for half that price so if you don't want to start every morning with a full belly but empty wallet that is the place to head for.
Another petty moan is being charged to access wifi coverage for your laptop or tablet. You've already paid for your stay and most pubs, hotels etc. nowadays give you wifi as part of the price but not Premier Inn..they charge you 3 quid to use their wifi for 24 hours. OK..OK..so I know it's not a lot of money but it just seems like they're trying to squeeze a few more pennies out of you on the side.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone. Five Stars well deserved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel has 140 modern rooms and an adjoining Thyme restaurant situated in the city centre of Preston. Great access to Preston station less than half a mile away and easily accessible for visitors to Preston North End Football ground. The University of Central Lancashire, Preston College and the Guild Hall are also within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Preston Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Preston Central Premier Hotel Preston
- Premier Inn Preston Central Hotel Lancashire