“Happy birthday to me”

Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2014

It is my birthday today, too big a number to print but I am getting to what is known as a mature lady.
I dont go mad on birthdays anymore so my husband took me to Pinocchio's for tea.
We had not been for awhile, the decor had changed and it felt very comfortable.
We greeted with a smile and humour. For a Sunday evening it thought it was busy.
However the food came of time and served to us professionally.
2 x starters, 2 x mains and a salad to share was just what we wanted.
Husband had beer and a jug of iced water for me as I was the driver.
Yes a very nice for any occasion, thank to the very nice staff

There are newer reviews for Pinocchio's Restaurant

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Went here with the family, was really looking forward to it after hearing good reports. Disappointed to say the least. The place was packed including a hen party so couldn't have a conversation as it was so noisy. Ordered chicken livers with garlic and chilli for the starter. Plain tasting and could not taste the chilli. Usually one of my favourite starters but this one was below par. For the main i had Penne Arribiata which again was plain tasting, more like pasta in tomato sauce with very few peppers and 3 pieces of salami. Price was around £60 for 2 of us which including drinks was a bit over the top i thought. Won't rush back.

1  Thank IanPLancashire
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Visited here for the first time recently and we both loved it, it was very busy and food was lovelt. Will be visiting again

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Went last night, food was average for price.....5pound for a bowl of soup served with the tiniest slice of bread I've ever seen. Was 15 of us in total, my pizza was missed off the order so waitress ordered it and it was with me within 5 mins, totally undercooked, crispy pancetta was like raw bacon! When Bill arrived we were overcharged for 6 drinks ,even though we could clearly prove what we had consumed. I will not be returning, nor will I recommend to friends for future.... Prices ridiculous for below average Italian 'style' food! Also no email address to lodge a complaint !

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Food: We had three courses and drinks. Every single dish was delicious, and gave us generous portions. We all went for pasta dishes, but I have been before and had pizzas which were amazing. They also have a great selection of specials on the day as well. The garlic breads are massive and delicious.
Service: We were served by several members of staff. All were attentive, incredibly friendly, and hospitable. We were probably one of the last to leave that evening, and were not made to feel that we were keeping them open etc. Great Service.
Restaurant: The restaurant is well decorated, up market, the perfect place to take your other half or friends on a night out if you fancy dressing up, or fancy smart casual for the evening.
Value: The bill wasn't cheap, over £150 for 4 of us. However, you do get what you pay for. We had starters, garlic breads, mains, a couple of desserts, and drinks, beers and wine throughout. Overall we would have to recommend you pay them a visit...Un tavolo per due prego!!!