“A Good Bed, but not Breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ibis Preston North

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Taunton, United Kingdom
“A Good Bed, but not Breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed here after a wedding near Preston. Comfortable room and easily accessible from the motorway. Room price was great value for money, we had 6 rooms and everyone was happy. Breakfast was a disappointment due to lack of variety, Sausage, bacon, beans and some poor quality scrambled egg. Stayed in a Premier Inn the day before and the breakfast was much better.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Beverley1182, Manager at Ibis Preston North, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Ibis Preston. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the Breakfast, I would like to inform you that breakfast is a cooked and cold buffet that contains; Sausage, Bacon, Egg, Mushrooms, Fried Bread, beans, A selection of cereal, preserves, yoghurts, fruit, pastries, meats, cheese, hot drinks and juices, I do apologise if this was not explained to you during your stay, I hope in the future you have the opportunity to take breakfast. Kind Regards, Beverley Derbyshire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I booked a family room at this hotel several months before our visit for a family do. I would never stay here or at another ibis again as a result of my experience.
1. Reception staff were appalling. Arrived after a long journey with 2 young children and was told that, despite booking several months in advance, there were no family rooms available. No alternatives were offered. The receptionist was rude, insulting and finally walked off leaving reception unmanned and a queue of customers. Over an hour after our arrival her colleague called the manager who was excellent and organised an interim fix. Not ideal but at least she was polite, apologetic and helpful.
2. The same reception staff tried to overcharge us in excess of £60 extra a night.....
3. Unsurprisingly - yes you guessed- the same team were on the next evening and when I requested some milk for my toddler they gave me sour milk. Outrageous. How could you do that to a little child?
The rooms were clean and comfortable but the service was shocking. No matter how cheap or expensive a hotel is I expect to be spoken to politely and receive a certain standard of customer service. The receptionist in question definitely needs either intensive customer service training or should find a new career....

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback, as explained last year during your stay the reservation was booked for only two adults, hence a double and not a family room was allocated, I can only apologise for your opinion of the staff member mentioned in your review, this is out of character for her and she did her upmost to resolve this situation, however the hotel was fully booked for that room type. The ‘charge’ of £60, was not a charge but a pre authorisation which allows you to charge food, drink and other products to your room, this was explained to you by both the reception and myself. Our dairy products are delivered fresh every two days, despite this we would not serve you ‘off milk’, I do feel disappointed to read this review at this time as your stay was during 2013 and was resolved during that time. Kind Regards Beverley Derbyshire

Travellers are raving about these Preston hotels

Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

hotel was very good, clean and tidy and friendly, breakfast was excellent, the only complaint would be the noise of people returning from a night out, as it would be classed as a residental area the noise should be minimal but when you have people shouting and banging doors at 3 and 4 am its none too good for those trying to get some sleep.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Preston. However I am sorry experienced some problems with noisy guests. We do monitor the corridors for noise and I apologise for this mishap. I do hope you continue to use ibis for your stays in Preston. Kind regards, Beverley Derbyshire
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Very clean, great shower, lovely bed, excellent breakfast and extremely good value for money. Could do with free wifi and more working tv channels.
Just off m6, if your on a long journey and need a nights rest then stay here..

Room Tip: Just the basic rooms are better than any b&b you'd get in Blackpool
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Beverley1182, Team leader at Ibis Preston North, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback, I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and very much hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. I would like to confirm that the hotel does offer free unlimited Wi-Fi to all of our guests and we are currently reviewing our television package in the hope of improvement in the near future, I do apologise if the Wi-Fi was not made clear to you during your stay and hope you will accept my sincerest apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Kind Regards,
Ryan Edwards
Team leader
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed here overnight for a funeral on the Monday so arrived on a Sunday evening.
Cost was minimal for the room but it also reflects that in certain areas.

1) The young lady receptionist seemed very disintrested and blase ( the get up and go had clearly got up and legged it). To be fair it was Sunday night I guess

2) £7.95 ( seriously) for a continental breakfast of which that fact isnt stated when your money is taken, along with an insistance that I HAVE to swipe a card when I prefer to pay cash.

As I say ok ish if your happy for a cheap hotel room and happy to feel £7.95 is good value for continental breakfast.

Location is great very easy access to Preston centre.

Room Tip: Be prepared for the swipe cards to stop working and to have to run up and down the stairs to have t...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your comments, I would like to confirm that £7.95 is in fact for a full buffet breakfast, offering both cooked and continental breakfast as well as hot drinks and juices of which you can eat/drink as much as you like during any two hour period during breakfast service.
I apologise for any inconvenience caused with staff attitude and assure you I will investigate this and take action where appropriate to prevent any future occurrences.
I hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and provide you with the hassle free experience that the large majority of our guests report back both on Trip advisor and our own in house guest survey.
Kind Regards,