“Very good value”
Review of Ibis Preston North

Ibis Preston North
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Spent three nights here as it was very convenient for family visiting and a short break. Good location close to motorways but access can be tricky - look for small brown Ibis signs. Staff we're very helpful, polite and cheerful. Room was clean, comfortable and quiet - slept well. Excellent choice of good food for breakfast. Didn't use restaurant for evening meals - went Fayre and square pub next door - good value and range of food.
Plenty of car parking close to entrance.

Room Tip: Rooms on car park side/even numbers (?) are away from motorway.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Beverley1182, Manager at Ibis Preston North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us at Ibis Preston North, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found us to be of good value. I am also happy to confirm, referring to your room tip, that it is even room numbers that face the hotel car park, please do not hesitate to request this as a preference during any future stays. Thank you again for your comments, I hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Beverley Derbyshire

There are newer reviews for Ibis Preston North

Reviewed 27 May 2014

No real negatives! Stayed one night for a gig (Elvis!! Brilliant!!) Very good value for inexpensive stay! Clean and adequate and would definately stay again! Good bar restaurant next door. Good location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Beverley1182, Manager at Ibis Preston North, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back again soon. Regards, Beverley Derbyshire.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last night, exhausted we left the motorway and booked in here with our 2 dogs, we were accommodated without problem in a clean, tidy and comfortable ground floor room with en suite. The cost of our dogs was only £10 which is a good fair rate, the room was £55 for us so at £65 total we were very happy. The hotel staff were very helpful and a cheery face last night was much appreciated. We had an undisturbed good nights sleep in a very comfortable bed. I will not hesitate to stay here again! Thank You Ibis.

• Stayed: May 2014
Beverley1182, Manager at Ibis Preston North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback, my staff and I were thrilled by your positive comments and very much hope to welcome you back to the Ibis hotel Preston north in the future. Kind Regards, Beverley Derbyshire.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here the night with my friend when visiting Preston. On the way from the station we were ripped off by the taxi! The staff at reception gave us a number to a different firm which was more than half the price cheaper! Rooms were clean and the bed was comfy, tea and coffee facilities and towels were included. It was very quiet at night and they didn't rush us out in the morning! Laura and the young man who was working also in the afternoon on the 13/05/14 were amazing! They made us feel really welcome! Had a great stay here and would definitely visit again and recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting your comments on Trip advisor, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am sure that your comment will serve as a great encouragement to our staff in their quest to deliver a superior service to all of our guest’s. Thank you again for your comments, we hope to welcome you back to the Ibis hotel Preston north soon. Kind Regards, Beverly Derbyshire.

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the ibis Preston north on Friday night for one night. When I arrived staff friendly. I arrived 4.50pm and dived in shower tried to dry hair but hair dryer kept cutting out. Went to reception and they gave me a replacement. Got ready and went to a ball. Didn't take much notice of the room as I was in a hurry. Waited in reception for 20 minutes for a taxi. Returned at 2am roughly. When I awoke in the morning to take a shower I noticed black hair in the plug hole of the shower, sink was dirty ,carpet needed a good clean, room looked like it hadnt hadn't been cleaned. I was woken up at 6 am with a child running down the corridor singing at top of her voice even heard someone shout out shut up. I went down to reception and had a discreet word with the manager on reception I asked him to come and look at the room which he did and said he would get someone to ring me Monday as there was no one to sort it out. He offered me a complimentary breakfast which to be honist didn't much fancie it after the room was like it was so refused. I had to ring back Monday afternoon as I hadn't herd from them. To be told I had reported it to late as I had been in the room previous evening over an hour. I was that busy getting ready I hadn't noticed it. Considering I have very very fine blonde hair I don't see how the black hair in the plug hole would of been mine. It's a joke really to be told there's nothing they could do. I'm very dissapoint and won't be staying there again. Need to sort out your rooms and management with authority.so much for you sorting situation out within 15 minutes of me telling you

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank 1234debs
Beverley1182, Manager at Ibis Preston North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for your comments, however, I was disappointed to read that you were not entirely happy with your stay at Ibis Preston North, at Ibis we strive to deliver a superior service to all of our guests which includes a guarantee that if any issue reported to us is not resolved within 15 minutes we will refund that area of your stay. Upon reporting your issues to our reception team member in the morning, you stated that you had not used the room except for getting changed until after you returned from a wedding at approximately 2am, the hotel CCTV showed that you had occupied the room for nearly three hours prior to leaving for the wedding and your comments in this review state that you did in fact use the shower facilities, you were not offered a refund as we felt that, had the issues been as you are claiming, you would have noticed whilst taking a shower and occupying the room for three hours prior to leaving the hotel to attend a wedding, the photos that you have submitted are taken prior to your departure in the morning, after you had used all of the facilities and therefore show nothing more than that of what an average room looks like prior to our housekeepers servicing them after a guest has departed. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay and hope that you will allow us a future opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with the superior service that the very large majority of our guests report back to us both on Trip advisor and our own in house guest survey. Regards, Beverley Derbyshire

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here for one night. Checked in and left almost immediately for the wedding reception we were attending so didn't get much chance to use the room facilities until we came back.

Staff on check in were ok, polite and did what they needed to. Our room was 314. The corridor had a smell of stale smoke. The room was very clean and the bedding was crisp and fresh as were the towels. It was basic but you get wheat you pay for. We paid £37.04 for 2 people.

The room was absolutely freezing and very noisy due to the ill-fitting window and the traffic noise from the road and motorway. We tried to close it but couldn't. We called reception who sent someone up to look at it. He could do nothing with it either and offered us another room, a twin! We were in a double so declined. I did feel that the window will still be in the same state as we left it and that no one would have repaired it. Just an impression I got if I'm honest. Would be nice to know the window was repaired.

On returning from our night out and using the bathroom the toilet handle fell off and the sink plug hole had a vile smell of stagnant, dirty water. It was too late to mention it as it was gone 1 am.

Beds and pillows are a personal thing and I personally found the bed and pillow to be far too hard for me and I didn't get a good nights sleep if I am honest. My partner said he thought it was ok, but he can sleep on a washing line so it didn't really affect him! The corridor was noisy and doors were slamming on and off for quite some time. Soft closing doors would be better.

On checking out the next morning, I have to say we did forget to mention the broken toilet handle and smelly sink. The hotel reception area stank of cooked breakfast which was quite off putting and I personally felt where the breakfast was served was too close to the reception area. We left smelling of cooked breakfast.

Overall the hotel seemed very clean. It was basic and ok for a 1 night stay and it's conveniently situated near the M55 and M6.

Would we go back? I doubt it very much to be honest. It served a purpose for 1 night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FIFILEW
Beverley1182, Manager at Ibis Preston North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the ibis Preston North; I was very disappointed to hear that your experience was not completely hassle free. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that I personally accompanied our maintenance manager to follow up on your comments and assure you that all necessary steps, including a replacement window, were taken to bring that room up to the high standard that the very large majority of our guests report back to us both on Trip advisor and our own in house guest survey.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the ibis Preston North and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Kind Regards,
Beverley Derbyshire,
Hotel Ibis Preston North.