Bit of a mixed bag of a hotel - I have stayed here in a number of guises, from Crest Hotel in 80s to the holiday inn it is now.
Now it's furnished well, rooms are not huge but fairly well designed, and comfortable, air con now installed (albeit with a odd habit of turning itself off during stay), great housekeeping - v clean, and delivered extra towels, iron etc in minutes.
Check in took a while, queue, but receptionist apologised, but mix up with booking - had booked double for 2 with breakfast, hotel insisted this was double for 1 without breakfast, they tried to increase cost to £75 to meet what we had booked - fortunately I had the printed confirmation from their website so they honoured. There are good deals here - through their site £44 b&b. Pricing seems an issue here - I overheard a couple being charged £25 for breakfast for 2 - they were muttering later when they saw advert in lift for breakfast for £10 per room - they were well fleeced....
Breakfast I experienced was initially poor but improved after a while - a room full of bus trip guests had cleared the room out - no bread, butter, very limited hot food - but within 30 mins restocked and fine. The Philippino (?) lady at breakfast worked like a Trojan, serving, stocking and being spot on with customers, the other 3 staff did less between them than her alone - hence service hit and miss.
In summary - hotel is dated from outside, rooms fine though and for the right price a decent option for preston. I have been staying so the premier inn for the last year - the £25/£29 deals too good to miss, but for £15 more worth staying in the Holiday Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Preston, a modern and stylish hotel providing a great place to stay & value for money in the City Centre, close to University Central Lancashire; an ideal location for both business and for leisure. Holiday Inn Preston hotel is fully air-conditioned with all bedrooms offering high speed internet access & Wi-Fi is available in our bar lounge. With a full service Restaurant, Bar, Lounge and 24-hr room service, we can cater for all of your requirements. The Ringway Bar & Grill provides a perfect place to dine, experiencing fantastic food & excellent customer service. For leisure and family breaks the Hotel is a short distance from the Guild Hall & Charter Theatre, Preston North End F.C, and Preston Golf Club. The Holiday Inn Preston hotel is an ideal base to enjoy the Lancashire Countryside. Our strong rail and motorway links provide short journeys to Blackpool, the Ribble Valley, Lake District and Yorkshire Dales.The Holiday Inn Preston hotel offers facilities for disabled guests along with accessible bedroom.The new Meetings & Training Centre provides the ideal venue for all business needs; with wi-fi access, unlimited refreshments, natural daylight and desired privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Preston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Preston Hotel Preston
- Preston Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Preston Lancashire